Holly isn’t handling the termination well...

I keep wondering, under the unusual circumstances of having knowledge of tension between staff and player(s), if Phil may have even requested Holly NOT say anything. With all that nodding in agreement with Mimi she was doing after the UCLA game, she was obviously blaming the players for the loss of the game and probably the loss of her job, maybe Fulmer didn't want to risk having the less-than-articulate Warlick say something that she'd later regret. I imagine she was highly emotional and, perhaps, even angry, so I'm glad she didn't say anything right away. Maybe later, after a little time to reflect.
What also surprised me was it looked like Rennia Davis and Westbrook were almost giddy that Holly had been fired. So I figure they didn't need a goodbye talk.

Reactions: T.J.
What also surprised me was it looked like Rennia Davis and Westbrook were almost giddy that Holly had been fired. So I figure they didn't need a goodbye talk.

True.
The worst part of this entire thing is that Holly's inability to understand that, whether she actually believed it or not, she should have accepted responsibility. But she never did. She truly never understood how not being willing to do that shows the kind of insecurity and weakness that affects the way a player views their coach. The fact that the players always got all the blame for all the problems in the program is the #1 reason why so many people stopped defending her. And that's why Davis and Westbrook were fairly unfazed by her firing.

I keep wondering, under the unusual circumstances of having knowledge of tension between staff and player(s), if Phil may have even requested Holly NOT say anything. With all that nodding in agreement with Mimi she was doing after the UCLA game, she was obviously blaming the players for the loss of the game and probably the loss of her job, maybe Fulmer didn't want to risk having the less-than-articulate Warlick say something that she'd later regret. I imagine she was highly emotional and, perhaps, even angry, so I'm glad she didn't say anything right away. Maybe later, after a little time to reflect.
You are right, lvocd. Sources close to Holly say there was no soft landing for her by Fulmer, and that she was denied the opportunity to speak to the team. She is understandably emotional and angry and hopefully will release a statement soon. Regardless of your opinion of her coaching abilities, she may deserve something positive for her dedication to the program over the years. It didn’t work out the way anyone wanted, but thank you, Holly. Now, let’s move on.

You are right, lvocd. Sources close to Holly say there was no soft landing for her by Fulmer, and that she was denied the opportunity to speak to the team. She is understandably emotional and angry and hopefully will release a statement soon. Regardless of your opinion of her coaching abilities, she may deserve something positive for her dedication to the program over the years. It didn’t work out the way anyone wanted, but thank you, Holly. Now, let’s move on.
Sounds like discord from the players has been relayed to Fulmer (and more than just Westbrook's comments). That is unusual.

Mr Fulmer will need the approval of the players, and Evina and Eva Westbrook, before he hires the new Lady Vols coach.

Mr Fulmer will need the approval of the players, and Evina and Eva Westbrook, before he hires the new Lady Vols coach.
giphy.gif

Sarcasm or truth? I actually think there’s a hint of truth here. Program can’t have a mass exodus
let's get really stupid here.... did Fulmer let the football players vote before he hired Pruitt ? the
Lady Vol players are NOT going to decide on or hire the new coach.
there are only very few people on this board who have any serious critical thinking skills.

let's get really stupid here.... did Fulmer let the football players vote before he hired Pruitt ? the
Lady Vol players are NOT going to decide on or hire the new coach.
there are only very few people on this board who have any serious critical thinking skills.

let me guess....you are one of them :rolleyes:

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Any player or group of players that thinks they need to be included in coaching decisions need to check their egos and reality. I’m impressed with college athletes when they say that coaching changes are financial decisions and par for the course. Current players should see this as a positive move and they will have a better coaching staff.

VN Store

Back