Holly isn’t handling the termination well...

Wowsa. Didn’t believe Phil would do it. I wonder if Phil offered her a chance to resign and she refused. Sounds like she was still blaming everything on everyone else right until the end.
She does not believe she has done anything wrong. Lots of people are like that

Reactions: JVol76
This is your best material. Expand on this. Maybe add an ice breaker and a solid conclusion.

Okay, just because we’ve become close pals, I’ll give you an ice breaker and a solid conclusion:
* The Titanic
* You are not nearly as bright as you want everyone to think you are.

P.S. Is softball your favorite sport? ‘cause you sure know how to lob them toward me! (I know, I know. Yet another unwitty groaner. Someone stop me before I strike again!!)

P.P.S. After I graciously allow you the last lame word in this exchange, I won’t be participating in it anymore. I’ve got things to do today. Take care, though. I’m sure your final reply will throw my emotional world off its axis, so I sure hope you’re happy now, you old meanie!

;)

Last edited:
Okay, just because we’ve become close pals, I’ll give you an ice breaker and a solid conclusion:
* The Titanic
* You are not nearly as bright as you want everyone to think you are.
You will be fine. The world needs Simpletons, too.

Holly does seem to be a good person, but I have seen better coaching in Middle School than what she has shown. She didn't require intensity or D from her team. Never going to do much without that.

Reactions: Twinsbornoncampus
Because everyone comes to an internet chat forum to keep their thoughts to themselves?

I'm intrigued by the oft-stated implication that the problems aren't the real problem, it's us talking about the problems that are the real danger. Same for the myth of recruits being run off by negative internet fan chatter. Keyboard warriors a bigger blight than a culture so rotten the fired coach can't even address her team? Know nothings babbling about players on-court shortcomings more damaging to recruiting than the sad parade of under-achieving careers of star recruits? Don't think so.

What made this thread worthy for me was that the tweet came from Hyams, meaning the content is something the AD wants us to know. I totally agree the backstage struggle implied is distasteful and unneccessary and would have been best avoided. Probably could have been if HW could have gone away quietly. Yet here we are.
So Vol fans should not comment on the DISTASTEFUL firing of a incompetent basketball coach , u do know this site is for comments Vol athletics , yes or no................................

Reactions: cutiepie5
Need any help getting off your high horse?
I'll help. Just a nudge of my finger. Holly's gone but she left the program broken. Won't say farewell to the players. I'd assume she's blaming them for her firing.
Anyway a new era approaches for the Lady
Vols. It's exciting because Holly is gone. 🤗

Lookee here - a tweet; "Holly did something" or "Holly did not do something"

OMG! What a horrible terrible person do something (or not do something). Everybody pile with name calling and personal insults starting now......

You wonder if Phil was setting her up when he made that statement about how he was looking forward to "marching toward the tournaments". Not that it was sinister...but he kind of laid it out that the expectation was tournament success...and I think Phil KNEW this team wasn't doing jack in the tourney. Noone can blame Fulmer for expressing expectations....even if he knew Holly wasn't gonna lead us to anything.

Reactions: T.J.
This is especially hilarious coming from someone who just dissed Democrat snowflakes! Shall we hang a participation banner to honor Holly's accomplishments that other teams, including no doubt every one in DIII, would love to achieve?

The last three years are far more than a hiccup, they're an absolute vomiting of bile. Players unhappy and underdeveloped. Every negative first imaginable reached. Attendance plummeting. Program lurching toward absolute irrelevance. I pray I never live long enough to see this program any more torn down than it is right now!

This is a mystery I will never understand. Pat Summitt did this! Reached out and said it publicly when she saw the offense was outdated (though to be fair, obviously, an update never happened under Pat either, but at least she tried).

It's more obvious than ever now that Holly wanted to continue as coach. So why in the world would she be so freaking stubborn about what everyone and their housecat knew was her teams' downfall? Her stubborn and nonsensical adherence to old school ugly, chaotic, rebound and putback offense was ruining her career and more importantly, ruining the LVs. Why not change?

There's a hint in Holly's grumblings about the young whippersnappers she is recruiting these days. Laughable in the face of other coaches making superstars and building successful programs with the same kids. Maybe Holly should have gotten out of the house more. 30 years in the same seat apparently made her unable to grow and stagnated her mentally and emotionally as well as strategically as a coach.

No, let’s not honor Holly merely because she stuck around UT for 35 plus years
However, We made the NCAA tourney & recruiting is not dead. So a quick turn around is more than possible
Losing to teams that we had superior rosters to was an embarrassment. &. Holly’s press conferences where she was at a loss for words, other than to blame the players was embarrassing also
This program, with the right hire will recover quickly

whoa whoa whoa, it's not that she was a bad coach. She just wasn't at the level that Tennessee Lady BasketVols require. She would actually be a great coach at a lot of schools. Just not with us and the level that we expect.
A great coach, or even a good coach, does not take good players and make them worse. She has done that for at least the last 3 years if not longer.

VN Store

Back