Heupel Doubts or No?

I’m worried that he is Butch Jones 2.0. Not good on the road, no halftime adjustments, bad with player personnel, shotgun formation on 4th and 1/inches…..I really hope that I’m wrong.

Reactions: loservol
I got a few doubts now he seems too stubborn to change on things and I bet he brings back Hazel and Martinez and Banks.

Just glad Milton is gone because I fully believe he would have played him next year.

We need golesh back....badly. everyone flipping out about or D. We Need our OC back
Wouldn't surprise me if they try to get another year out of Milton 6th year or 7th whatever. Wouldn't that be something!!

I’m a wait and see with Heupel. I want to see what happens with Nico first. Also need to see him use that up tempo offense sporadically. Having offense on the field for a minute and a half will cost him all the big games. Defense HAS TO HAVE A REST somewhere during the game. Just can’t put them out for Soooooo loooonnggg.

No. At least not at the moment. CFB team success comes from one place, a solid trigger man. Players and teams are made better by the QB play. They make receivers better, rb better, and even mask defensive inefficiencies. We just didn’t have that this year or it was inconsistent at best. Team that up with injury and we get these results. I believe we have a much different conversation with 8 in there next year.

Has the regression this season caused you to have any doubts about Heupel and his future? In my case, the answer is yes, sort of. I did not think we would see 3 disheartening losses in year 3 of this staff but here we are. I am NOT calling for Heupel's head but I wonder if I'm alone in hearing a little voice in my head that says "this may not be what we thought it was going to be." I hope I'm wrong but I have some experience with the little voice. I have learned to not ignore it.

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but I'll hold out until we see what happens with Nico. We've schemed guys open, catches are dropped, penalties missed, or in our case, shoot ourself in foot, not to mention all thre overthrows and wide open recieve JM never even sees. They never seem to be clicking at the same time. Joe is inconsistent and kills drives.

Hopefully, Heup is doing the right thing and not rushing Nico pays off.

Preseason I said we were 8-4 team. We lost too much and have yet to rebound. We caught lightning in a bottle last year, but the rest of the roster is showing its weaknesses. This is a team that crumbled under Pruitt and had 20 scholarships reduced in the toughest league in sports. We are playing guys in Lane, Davis, and Karic on the OL who aren’t good SEC linemen. The real question is how will we look after year four and five. If we aren’t fighting for championships, then I will be concerned. For this year, we have what we have.

Yes. He could quell some of those doubts by addressing defensive staff issues, but I’m not sure he’s going to do it

Reactions: loservol
Yall need to respond to this thread when ypu sober up and get rational.
We got beat by the #1 team in the nation today, we lost to number 7 and number 9. So we have lost to 3 top 10 teams and Florida and yall want coaches future considered???
And for everyone saying we had nothing to lose by playing Nico is just dumb. Yall think we were one raw freshman QB from beating UGa? Or beating Bama? Go to bed. Or apply for the job.

Has the regression this season caused you to have any doubts about Heupel and his future? In my case, the answer is yes, sort of. I did not think we would see 3 disheartening losses in year 3 of this staff but here we are. I am NOT calling for Heupel's head but I wonder if I'm alone in hearing a little voice in my head that says "this may not be what we thought it was going to be." I hope I'm wrong but I have some experience with the little voice. I have learned to not ignore it.
Yeah...

Remember he picked Joe Milton before Hendon Hooker!!

Got to start paying recruits top dollar to turn this program around to being elite. It just can’t be one or two. It’s got to be 5 to 10 4 and 5 stars a year.

At this point I have come to realize we may have the dumbest fan base in college….. We regressed what is sticking out this year that didn’t happen last year????? Idk know maybe that this team was bit by the injury bug….. I wonder how much of the play book had to be trimmed by losing Bru and then Thorton right as he was starting to really come on….. The defense was top 25 before Hadden went down and has declined bc we can’t pay man with Hadden…. We as fans may not like it but giving NIco time to learn the playbook will be massive
If we're playing short handed on talent, which I agree we are due to injuries and lack of scholarships , but why does that keep a coach from trying some gadget plays during the game ? Like the play Georgia used on us yesterday where the receiver takes the ball like he's running but throws a TD pass in the end zone to a wide open receiver? Every game we've played this year, our opponents used trick plays to shake us and they all worked for the most part. Our play calling reeks from simplicity and being predictable. throw a twist in there once every other game already ?

Reactions: Tnslim1
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts….

Results are the only thing that matters. So The Hype needs to start producing results or he needs to be out of business.
So it’s all in how you define results.
They’re realistic and unrealistic.

Apparently the standard is wins and losses, which we are ahead of schedule by any realistic standards, until the narrative changes.

And don’t give me this “blown out” bull **** either.
We’ve seen Bama And Georgia play twice a year on occasion where one blew the other out then lost in the rematch the same year.

If you’re mad about the point number on this loss but would have been ok with the loss if we made those 3 catches then you’re……not very smart

VN Store

Back