Heupel Doubts or No?

Most had us pegged for 8 or 9 wins this year. It looks like we're gonna 8 games with a chance for 9 with the bowl game. And people are still surprised....

Check your egos at the door. This program won 3 games just 3 short years ago.
I had us at 3 or 4 losses. Still mad, but mainly because of how we lost and some of the ridiculous play on the field from certain positions. It’s not a zero-sum situation - we could lose 4 and still feel like we are in the right path. But the problem is the issue we are displaying are easily rectifiable and we do nothing about it (Milton) or more complex (defense) and aren’t making any adjustments.

Reactions: Drewbydoo
Most had us pegged for 8 or 9 wins this year. It looks like we're gonna 8 games with a chance for 9 with the bowl game. And people are still surprised....

Check your egos at the door. This program won 3 games just 3 short years ago.

Yes, I thought it would be 9 wins this season but never did I think we’d have our doors blown off in our losses. I thought we’d at least be competitive.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
People do realize Georgia has won 2 National Championships in a row and look like they have an extremely good shot at the 3peat....and haven't lost a game in 2 years......right?

No considering the shape the program was in when he took over including a depleted roster and scholarship limitations. I'm not satisfied but also not negatively surprised. Will not pass judgement until the end of the 2025 season.

I'll admit I'm a bit perplexed about the QB issue but there may be reasons for the way things have been handled that none of us know about.

Last edited:
I love Coach, but he's not the guy. Hooker and the receivers made him look good, just like Dobbs made Jones look like a decent coach

Reactions: JPL
People do realize Georgia has won 2 National Championships in a row and look like they have an extremely good shot at the 3peat....and haven't lost a game in 2 years......right?

I expected us to lose to UGA and the Gumps although I thought we’d make a game out of it. Never did I think we’d get embarrassed by them, Mizzu and the Gators.

All I know is our main rivals Florida, Alabama and Georgia beat us 103 to 60 combined. We have a long way to go on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: hog88
I love Coach, but he's not the guy. Hooker and the receiver made him look good, just like Dobbs made Jones list on like a decent coach

I don’t think this is true because Heupel actually has an area of expertise. Jones was just a carnival barker. If Heupel got fired tomorrow,he would have a dozen OC offers that didn’t involve getting Saban coffee. The question is can he be an offensive guru and the CEO of a major program. Saban and Kirby have proven themselves capable of being defensive gurus and great CEOs. Heupel has had mixed results and now he needs to make some big boy decisions.

Has the regression this season caused you to have any doubts about Heupel and his future? In my case, the answer is yes, sort of. I did not think we would see 3 disheartening losses in year 3 of this staff but here we are. I am NOT calling for Heupel's head but I wonder if I'm alone in hearing a little voice in my head that says "this may not be what we thought it was going to be." I hope I'm wrong but I have some experience with the little voice. I have learned to not ignore it.
No

I’m concerned about what appears to be a lack of effort on a lot of plays……and entire games. Saw several “checking up” instead of making hits the last couple of weeks.

To be fair, I have doubts about every coach every year. There are very few coaches in any sport across college/pro that earn benefit of the doubt imo. I’ll never be all in on a coach until they are in the running to win something consistently. I’ve learned to always be cautious. So yeah I have doubts, but I’d have doubts year 3 no matter what. Goobers like Orgeron, Larry Coker, Chizik can get lightning in a bottle, so not even one great season would win me over yet. Winning consistently and beating winning teams consistently is what I look for. Time will tell.

Has the regression this season caused you to have any doubts about Heupel and his future? In my case, the answer is yes, sort of. I did not think we would see 3 disheartening losses in year 3 of this staff but here we are. I am NOT calling for Heupel's head but I wonder if I'm alone in hearing a little voice in my head that says "this may not be what we thought it was going to be." I hope I'm wrong but I have some experience with the little voice. I have learned to not ignore it.
Josh is about to go 8-4 with Joe Freaking Milton. Lincoln Riley is about to go 8-4 with a freaking Heisman winner. Perspective. Who's the better coach?

Yes, I thought it would be 9 wins this season but never did I think we’d have our doors blown off in our losses. I thought we’d at least be competitive.
2 TD passes that could have been caught and one wide open over throw that would have been a TD. A trip into the red zone late that was a turn over on downs. One Milton could have scored if he ran……..that’s a lot of points left on the field that says it shouldn’t have been a blowout.

Reactions: cgrish
Yes. 4 ugly losses in year 3 is not what anyone expected. None of them were remotely competitive, other than the first half of bama but then a different coach and team came out in the 2nd half of that game.

Anytime a coach gets blown out in 4 games in year 3 it should be concerning.

Reactions: loservol and volgr

VN Store

Back