Harrison Bailey

He still had to get the ball to. Gilbert witch he did. He can also get the ball to our receivers. He scramble a number in key games was was very successful. I saw he play and was the best QB in the State for 2 plus yeas.
Believe what you want, I’m not going to convince you. You hb haters are the ones I don’t understand. I’d back anyone that made my team their first choice over someone that picked me after his first choice booted him. Then you guys make baseless claims about armstrength and reading the field but your second hand qbs have proven to not be good and you defend them.

Oddly the top QB he recruited for next year is a pocket passer -- this Heupel is just another Beldar Cornbread

Trayvon Jackson had a 62% completion ratio his Jr year (2020) and rushed for about a 4 yard average. His highlight film looks pretty good. I think he’s ranked the 13th best QB in his class at the moment. That could improve this fall.

Oddly the top QB he recruited for next year is a pocket passer -- this Heupel is just another Beldar Cornbread
Funny you mention Jackson. That kid is further from seeing the field than these guys think Bailey is. He literally throws 5 yard passes. About 10 to 12 a game. Not saying he isn't good but SEC you would think they would have more experience. Look at Bryce Young, Hayes King etc. JG from memory never threw the ball much in HS either

Reactions: plaincityvol
How many points did we score under Bailey, granted he was a FR? But to say Milton and Hooker have not demonstrated, 62 points in two games will win you more than lose. Defense yesterday getting a free pass on a day where we should have won by 10+
Look at their QB passing stats. Look al the points left off the board becauthe can no throw accurate deep passes. Three turnovers yesterday. Complete confusion in the second quarter last week and they have not played against a SEC team. Offense put the defense in terrible situations in both games. You bet we should have won by more than 10 points yesterday but the offense blew at least 4 easy opportunities. If you really think the QBs have played well the last two weeks, you know very little about football. I really didn’t want to go there, but you keep refusing to realize the facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJBlaze
Can you read? How many MORE times do I have to tell you I do not care who starts. This projection thing is weird. You clearly care that HB starts. The only blind loyalist is you - to HB. You even try justifying it in your post here as to why HB should start. It is hilarious.

It has been 2 games. That's it. You haven't even given Heupel the chance to make a change. You HB fans all act like you know more than coaches, its pathetic. They all know a lot more about selecting our QB than you do. Let it play out.
I'm pretty sure he is saying your blind loyalty is toward the coaches/staff, not the QB. your "they are coaches and know more than you so they MUST be right" thing. think he is speaking of that but i could be wrong.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Funny you mention Jackson. That kid is further from seeing the field than these guys think Bailey is. He literally throws 5 yard passes. About 10 to 12 a game. Not saying he isn't good but SEC you would think they would have more experience. Look at Bryce Young, Hayes King etc. JG from memory never threw the ball much in HS either
He should seriously consider de commiting after seeing how Bailey has been treated so far

It’s a moot point whether Bailey is our best QB his lack of mobility would get him killed behind our patchwork OL. He’s also not physically mature enough to survive the repeated hits he would take and needs another year of S&C IMO.

Have you Bailey homers even considered the possibility that Heupel might actually be grooming Bailey BTS to be the man but simply doesn’t want to throw him to the lions and ruin the guy like Pruitt tanked Maurer?

If you really like Bailey then back off for his own good and let the kid develop into a complete starting QB behind a stronger OL.

Some of you don’t seem to get that this is a total rebuilding year and while we obviously want to win them all we don’t have the horses to get it done. So quit focusing only on the final score and start focusing on the overall redevelopment of our TEAM. As our pieces fall into place the big wins will start to come and Bailey might just be the guy behind center who gets it done. Time will tell.
I have mentioned this a couple times. It is highly possible this is the way it plays out. We dont know is being said behind the scenes. We know Milton isn't the guy they wanted him to be and they probably knew that to.

Reactions: MKEvol
Look at their QB passing stats. Look al the points left off the board becauthe can no throw accurate deep passes. Three turnovers yesterday. Complete confusion in the second quarter last week and they have not played against a SEC team. Offense put the defense in terrible situations in both games. You bet we shoul have won by more than 10 points yesterday but the offense blew at least 4 easy opportunities. If you really think the QBs have played well the last two weeks, you know very little about football. I really didn’t want to go there, but you keep refusing to realize the facts.
I don’t disagree on the offense and the chances, majority can be cleaned up by recognizing next time vs lack of talent. But let’s not overlook defense giving up a 10 point lead and momentum to lose by 7

It’s a moot point whether Bailey is our best QB his lack of mobility would get him killed behind our patchwork OL. He’s also not physically mature enough to survive the repeated hits he would take and needs another year of S&C IMO.

Have you Bailey homers even considered the possibility that Heupel might actually be grooming Bailey BTS to be the man but simply doesn’t want to throw him to the lions and ruin the guy like Pruitt tanked Maurer?

If you really like Bailey then back off for his own good and let the kid develop into a complete starting QB behind a stronger OL.

Some of you don’t seem to get that this is a total rebuilding year and while we obviously want to win them all we don’t have the horses to get it done. So quit focusing only on the final score and start focusing on the overall redevelopment of our TEAM. As our pieces fall into place the big wins will start to come and Bailey might just be the guy behind center who gets it done. Time will tell.
Possibly true - HB isnt pouting and sulking the way JG did when Butchie didnt start him

I don’t disagree on the offense and the chances, majority can be cleaned up by recognizing next time vs lack of talent. But let’s not overlook defense giving up a 10 point lead and momentum to lose by 7
True, but the defense played 60% of the game, mostly because the offense had 3 and outs and 3 turnovers

Believe what you want, I’m not going to convince you. You hb haters are the ones I don’t understand. I’d back anyone that made my team their first choice over someone that picked me after his first choice booted him. Then you guys make baseless claims about armstrength and reading the field but your second hand qbs have proven to not be good and you defend them.
You think I hate HB? You have to be kidding.

I can't believe I have to continue to post the same thing over and over again for you HB cultists. Do you ever stop and think before you write? Think about what you are alleging when you post this nonsense.

For the 100x, Heupel is not playing our 2 worst QBs and making his job harder on himself. There is no grand conspiracy. If he thought HB gave him the best shot to win, he would play him. Period.

Two different coaching staffs have thought HB is NOT the answer at QB. And truth be told, we saw a lot of that last year. He threw nothing but check down passes and the offense was simplified. Vandy played with like 40 guys and could have canceled because of COVID. He got destroyed in every other game we played.

He just played our 2nd "worst."

This morning, for 9/18, he'd better be planning to play our 3rd "best."

So you really think Dobbs was a good QB? He was an average thrower of the football. But he could make plays with his feet big time. Bray was a much better QB than Dobbs.

I did not compare him to Bray or claim he was better than Bray. Your claim that UT has not had a good QB since 2012 is what I questioned. Dobbs fits my understanding of the word "good" for a college QB, but perhaps the stats below say something else to you.

Josh Dobbs (played in 37 games) (Joshua Dobbs College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com)
  • 7138 career passing yards
  • 2160 career rushing yards
  • 62 career receiving yards
  • 53 TDs passing (29 INTs), 32 TDs rushing and 2 TD receiving = 87 total TDs
  • #1 in the SEC in 2016 in TDs
  • #1 in the SEC in 2016 in passing efficiency rating
  • #2 in the SEC in 2016 in total yards per play
  • #14 all-time in the SEC in career pass completion percentage
  • #14 all-time in the SEC in number of TDs
  • #19 all-time in the SEC in total yards
  • 2016 Sr Bowl invitee
  • 2016 SEC Offensive player of the year
  • 2016 AP and Coaches 2nd Team All-SEC
  • 2013: Started 4 games (played in 5 total games) and won 1/4 starts (no bowl game that season)
  • 2014: Started 3 games (played in 6 total games) and won 3/3 starts (beat Iowa in bowl game)
  • 2015: Started 13 games and won 9 (beat Northwestern in bowl game)
  • 2016: Started 13 games and won 9 (beat Nebraska in bowl game)
  • 2017 NFL draft pick - 4th round
Just for comparison,

Tyler Bray (played in 28 games) (Tyler Bray College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com)
  • 7444 career passing yards
  • -207 career rushing yards
  • 0 career receiving yards
  • 69 TDs passing (28 INTs), 1 TD rushing, 0 TD receiving = 70 total TDs
  • #1 in the SEC in 2012 for pass attempts
  • #8 in the SEC in 2012 in passing yards per attempt
  • #9 in the SEC in 2012 in pass completion percentage
  • #22 in the SEC in career passing TDs
  • #24 in the SEC in career passing efficiency
  • 2010: Started 5 games (played in 9 games) and won 4/5 starts (lost bowl game to UNC)
  • 2011: Started 7 games (played in 7 games) and won 4/7 starts (no bowl game that season)
  • 2012: Started 12 games (played in 12 games) and won 5/12 starts (no bowl game that season)
  • 2013 NFL Draft - undrafted; signed as undrafted free agent

Reactions: Behr
You cherry picked the games to leave out his 2 interceptions and even the cherry picked games we only got 20 points once. I’m not saying he wouldn’t be better, maybe he would, but it is far from a sure thing.
It's farther from a sure thing if you don't get a chance to play. I think Hooker and Bailey should see a bunch of reps against Tech. Giving Milton a ton of reps against Tech makes no sense to me. I can say for sure if Bailey had been throwing to them wide open receievers we would have scored a TD both times more than likely. Now the defense may or may not have give him the same look. But if Milton can't hit open guys you will see SEC defenses scheme his weaknesses as well and exploit them. I think what might work best is a mix of Hooker and Bailey until one emerges as the clear leader. No doubt all qb's should play against Tech. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: Vol17222
It's farther from a sure thing if you don't get a chance to play. I think Hooker and Bailey should see a bunch of reps against Tech. Giving Milton a ton of reps against Tech makes no sense to me. I can say for sure if Bailey had been throwing to them wide open receievers we would have scored a TD both times more than likely. Now the defense may or may not have give him the same look. But if Milton can't hit open guys you will see SEC defenses scheme his weaknesses as well and exploit them. I think what might work best is a mix of Hooker and Bailey until one emerges as the clear leader. No doubt all qb's should play against Tech. GBO!!!!!
I agree that we should try to get Hooker and hopefully Bailey reps against Tech. I doubt Heupel is ready to move on from Milton entirely but he’s banged up anyway and there’s no reason to play him. Hooker starts, gets us up 30+ and then bring in Bailey the rest of the way. So Bailey most likely isn’t playing because he’s either (1) not as good as the others in practice; or (2) isn’t a good fit for the offense. Now #2 might mean he doesn’t run well enough but it might also be he just isn’t picking it up well enough between the ears. I’m thinking it has to be #2 as the kid has talent. Regardless, if there’s any decision we should have have trust in Heupel to make it would be evaluating QBs. I’m not saying he is infallible but let’s give him time to work it out. I trust him infinitely more than I did Pruitt on this same subject.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Why? Because he didn't earn it in practice and doesn't offer anything in the run game. I know his fans can't accept the simple, plain, obvious answer... but there it is.

I found myself wanting to see what he could do Saturday too. I'm not against him whatsoever. But when Milton went down there was no hesitation. There is no 2a and 2b. Hooker earned the back up role and no one outside the team and coaches rooms know why exactly.

Reactions: Woke and MKEvol
Harrison Bailey...

Won't win.

We're stuck in this hell. There isn't one player that will get us out.
I had to listen to a bandwagon bulldog fan talk **** all day today.
We're in for more punishment. Take the lumps and look forward to basketball season.

Update:

That bandwagon bulldog fan got fired today.
Sweet schadenfreude.

Bray never won a single game of any consequence. He was a poor leader and immature in the way he prepared for a game. Most of his stats were compiled against inferior opponents or after the other opponents had built up a huge lead against the Vols and lost interest or had put in the subs. He quit on the team in the week leading up to the Kentucky game and didn't properly prepare or perform. Not sure why anyone remembers his days here fondly.

Dobbs was a much better college quarterback, leader, and Volunteer.

Watching HB clips vs Florida. He did run well at times when an opportunity presented itself. He took too many sacks as well. I think in a system with a dependable pocket he would be really good.

I muted this video but interesting -

Is HB trying to redshirt this year? Can he still redshirt and get a free year for last year? Trying to wrap my brain around why we two unsuccessful QB's from other schools starting and we have a 5star on the bench and ran off another accurate passer that ran a 4.4.

Watching HB clips vs Florida. He did run well at times when an opportunity presented itself. He took too many sacks as well. I think in a system with a dependable pocket he would be really good.

I muted this video but interesting -

A lot of overthrown open receivers down field here too , that is disappointing.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back