Harrison Bailey

HB should 100 percent be given a chance to play.
He wont, tho.
Not under this coach. He would look absolutely stupid if HB went out there and played better than Milton/Hooker. Which he probably would.
Hope he transfers, i'll become a fan of that team.
Good!!

HB should 100 percent be given a chance to play.
He wont, tho.
Not under this coach. He would look absolutely stupid if HB went out there and played better than Milton/Hooker. Which he probably would.
Hope he transfers, i'll become a fan of that team.
Disagree. After two games (and one loss) making the switch does not make coach looks stupid. Making a change halfway through where the season is lost would.

Hate to say it, but the Harrison Bailey I saw in the Orange and White game runs circles around the guys we’ve had play in the last 2 games. I know it’s a different situation entirely, but he looked good there.[/QUOTE
A former Heisman winning quarterback is our head coach. He has one of the best track records of developing quarterbacks in the country. I’m not trying to be snide, but I trust him to make the call.

I have no idea what’s going on with the QB’s this is just my opinion. So this and $1.00 will get you a cup of coffee. So here goes.
Personally, I think HB takes some of the QB run threat away, which in turn would completely limit CJH’s offense and the way he wants to run it. This may be way off base, but it’s my opinion. I think HB is hands down the best passing QB that I have seen play personally. Granted, I haven’t got to watch JM or HH much at all. Saw more today about those 2 than ever. HH looked better than JM to be also if that matters. Sloppy play, and bonehead penalties are hard for any team to overcome to. CJH got some work to do for sure. I thought the defense played extremely well today myself to. The offense didn’t help them very much though I though. Realistically, Tennessee should’ve been up 28-0 after the 1st quarter, this based completely on JM pissing receivers running wide open, and him overthrowing them by a minimum of 5 yards or more.

Golden Corral Patron of the month trophy?
I believe it was called the heistman trophy. You know… the trophy UT players aren’t allowed to have.
I will say it does look like the ole boy loves him some Golden Corral though…

I believe it was called the heistman trophy. You know… the trophy UT players aren’t allowed to have.
I will say it does look like the ole boy loves him some Golden Corral though…
Well, see, that's why he didn't win it. "They" knew he would be a future UT head coach.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Why can't Bailey be given a shot? I know he can't do much with his feet. But, UT needs a ABOVE AVERAGE PASSER vs SEC teams!!!!! He was pretty effective throwing the ball against good SEC teams with a below average OL last year! I think he does even better behind the OL we have this year! I would be willing to bet anyone on this site $5,000 that neither JM or HH has anywhere close to 74.5 completion percentage and 0 Ints vs any 4 SEC teams on UTs schedule this year!!!!! CJH, PLEASE give the guy a chance!!!

2020 REGULAR SEASON PASSING RUSHING DATE OPP RESULT
............................................CMP
ATT YDS CMP% TD INT LNG SACK RTG
Sat 12/19vs5TA&M ____ 6__ 6__ 85__ 100.0__ 1__ 0__ 33__ 3__ 274.0
L
34-13

Sat 12/12@VANDY ____14__ 18__ 207__ 77.8__ 2__ 0__ 74__ 2__ 211.0
W
42-17

Sat 12/5vs6FLA ____14__ 21__ 111__ 66.7__ 1__ 0__ 20__ 5__ 126.8
L
31-19

Sat 11/21@23AUB ____ 7__ 10__ 86__ 70.0__ 0__ 0__ 18__ 1__ 142.2
L
30-17

TOTALS IN LAST 4 SEC GAMES _____ 41__ 55__ 489__ 74.5__ 4__ 0__ 74__ 11__ 188.5
(3 OF THEM BEING TOP 25 TEAMS)!!!!!
Preaching to the choir brother

Lots of people hated Dobbs. He threw a number of worm burners. Funny I actually miss him now.

I liked Dobbs. If Dobbs had a better team around him on O and D, Dobbs probably wins more games as a QB than any other QB in UT history besides Manning! I would love to have Dobbs now. UT wins today and probably wins 8 games minimum with Dobbs running Heupel's O!!!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Why can't Bailey be given a shot? I know he can't do much with his feet. But, UT needs a ABOVE AVERAGE PASSER vs SEC teams!!!!! He was pretty effective throwing the ball against good SEC teams with a below average OL last year! I think he does even better behind the OL we have this year! I would be willing to bet anyone on this site $5,000 that neither JM or HH has anywhere close to 74.5 completion percentage and 0 Ints vs any 4 SEC teams on UTs schedule this year!!!!! CJH, PLEASE give the guy a chance!!!

I can't believe I have to continue to post the same thing over and over again for you HB cultists. Do you ever stop and think before you write? Think about what you are alleging when you post this nonsense.

For the 100x, Heupel is not playing our 2 worst QBs and making his job harder on himself. There is no grand conspiracy. If he thought HB gave him the best shot to win, he would play him. Period.

Two different coaching staffs have thought HB is NOT the answer at QB. And truth be told, we saw a lot of that last year. He threw nothing but check down passes and the offense was simplified. Vandy played with like 40 guys and could have canceled because of COVID. He got destroyed in every other game we played.

VN Store

Back