Harrison Bailey

With his arm, size, and athleticism .............I guarantee you he will get a "second look" in the NFL.
Bad take on your part.
6th year senior that struggles both passing and running the football in a QB friendly offense.....

The same offense that Hooker and Hyatt got knocked for playing in because it was "too easy" and "all scheme".

If Milton would use his legs more then he would be OK

You don't need to be a great passer in college to get points
I've said the same thing a lot lately. There are three things possible he can do that will keep the RB lanes open. The sideline screen plays, hit deep shots, or designed runs.

If he can do 2 out of those 3 things then UT's O will be hard to stop. Not holding my breath but if he could just add 30-40% hits on the downfield stuff and do the other two... UT would be almost unstoppable.

I've said the same thing a lot lately. There are three things possible he can do that will keep the RB lanes open. The sideline screen plays, hit deep shots, or designed runs.

If he can do 2 out of those 3 things then UT's O will be hard to stop. Not holding my breath but if he could just add 30-40% hits on the downfield stuff and do the other two... UT would be almost unstoppable.
Yeah, the downfield plays would be great to hit, but I'm also not convinced they can work out the kinks, particularly well enough to be useful this weekend. I hope I'm wrong. Barring that, I hope Joe and the WR start consistently producing in the pass game at some point, but so far it hasn't happened. That said, I wonder what has been going on this week in terms of practice and scheming.

Definitely using JM more in the running game seems like it could help. I think he can be great in the run game, and is when he sees space and commits to the run quickly, knows where he needs to get to, and then makes contact in order to get the yards he needs when necessary. He hasn't always done that this season, instead hesitating and then making a bad throw, or running and then not finishing it like he needs to.

I don't want to give the impression that he has messed up in those ways regularly when running, but when he has made those miscues it has been costly, in terms of the game, but also I think for him personally. I'm sure he's gotten a lot of flak already for those situations that have happened. That said, if he is going to be used more on the ground, I hope he has made the shift mentally to that and worked out his contingencies adequately. It seems to me that that should be correctable enough if the emphasis is there. When Joe decides quickly he is running for sure and is ready to hit people, it has worked

In addition to the screens you mention, what do you think about using the TE position as targets of the pass?

He mopped up vs Alabama as a freshman and you could see the raw talent from the deep ball he threw as well as his mobility.
Not a huge deal, but he was a soph in 2014. He graduated as a senior in 2016. He played some as a true frosh in 2013, but Butch Jones typically overlooked his potential until bammer 2014.

If Milton doesn't get you beat tomo then he's figuring it out..He was Milton at Michigan and he has been Milton at Tn...He is still your best option.On paper we win, my only worries are their house and Joe getting me beat!

Yeah, the downfield plays would be great to hit, but I'm also not convinced they can work out the kinks, particularly well enough to be useful this weekend. I hope I'm wrong. Barring that, I hope Joe and the WR start consistently producing in the pass game at some point, but so far it hasn't happened. That said, I wonder what has been going on this week in terms of practice and scheming.

Definitely using JM more in the running game seems like it could help. I think he can be great in the run game, and is when he sees space and commits to the run quickly, knows where he needs to get to, and then makes contact in order to get the yards he needs when necessary. He hasn't always done that this season, instead hesitating and then making a bad throw, or running and then not finishing it like he needs to.

I don't want to give the impression that he has messed up in those ways regularly when running, but when he has made those miscues it has been costly, in terms of the game, but also I think for him personally. I'm sure he's gotten a lot of flak already for those situations that have happened. That said, if he is going to be used more on the ground, I hope he has made the shift mentally to that and worked out his contingencies adequately. It seems to me that that should be correctable enough if the emphasis is there. When Joe decides quickly he is running for sure and is ready to hit people, it has worked

In addition to the screens you mention, what do you think about using the TE position as targets of the pass?
I'm disappointed to say that I think they have. Castles hasn't been a whole lot better about catching the ball consistently than the WRs.

Don't take this wrong because I love Warren. Great Vol. Gives everything he has. He's just not fast enough or quick enough to be a featured receiver. Not sure what happened to the young guys.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
Do you think Tee Martin was a good QB, despite his having 9 out of 25 games where he completed 50% or less of his passes? That man was a career 55% completion guy with a 2:1 TD:INT rate. That's not great, yet so many on here claim he's a Top 3 QB. All of Milton's numbers are better than Martin's, especially his 5.5:1 TD:INT rate at Tennessee (2.7:1 overall).
So you’re telling me Joe has a shot at a natty?

In my previous message and in my messages about this I've said exactly what the coaches have said: no one else on the team can do any better than Joe Milton.

I've said I think he's near his ceiling as a QB. He's not going to put the team on his back like Hooker did.

He's good enough that we're 5-1 this year. He's not actually lost us games.

I see zero reason to say: "our QB sucks at TN" on Volnation.

Perhaps you do feel that helps. You do you.
Definitely helps. Best case scenario he makes me look silly in about 30 min.

VN Store

Back