Harrison Bailey

If Hooker Carrara and runs the offense up and down the field all day you keep him in to get more game time reps for Florida. Of course to u HB blowers, we could win by 70 and y’all would bitch and moan about how inept our coaching staff is to recognize the talent wasted in the sidelines
Have you seen anything to believe we are up 70 on anyone ? Just curious. You keep Hooker in till late in the 3rd qtr against Tech. If its 45-0 nothing sooner. If Milton is out or banged up he shouldn't play. But yes Bailey has earned PT because he practices every day. Just like anyone else on this team does. These are the type games everyone should play in. Besides, How good does it look if your starters go down when your up by 50 ?

What makes you think he would be better than Milton/Hooker in this offense? Can he run the RPO fast paced style? In his limited time I haven’t seen anything to say he’s the guy we should rally behind. If it was Brandon Stewart or Heath Shuler I’d be inclined to agree but he’s limited with his mobility.
First, he is a much more accurate passer epically throwing the deep ball. Secondly, he was a very good RPO passer when was accumulating 10,000 yards passing yardage in the best classification of Georgia high scoohl football. Third, he could not be any worse the either Milton or Hooker. Those two have lost their starting jobs at other schools because younger better QBs sat them on the bench. Neither of the QBs who replaced them were nearly as good in high school nor did they play in leagues which are as competitive as those in which Bailey played in Georgia.

First, he is a much more accurate passer epically throwing the deep ball. Secondly, he was a very good RPO passer when was accumulating 10,000 yards passing yardage in the best classification of Georgia high scoohl football. Third, he could not be any worse the either Milton or Hooker. Those two have lost their starting jobs at other schools because younger better QBs sat them on the bench. Neither of the QBs who replaced them were nearly as good in high school nor did they play in leagues which are as competitive as those in which Bailey played in Georgia.
Had he replaced JG you might of been onto something. Unfortunately, he didn’t impress the last staff, he’s not impressing this staff. He didn’t climb the HS rankings until late. Chaney (who didnt recruit him) as his commitment was established. He also in GA football had the luxury a Arik Gilbert in a pro-style offense. Unfortunately for HB, this style is not for him…he has to be able to read, run and scramble. I like the kid but an athletic QB he is not. KY last night with their QB is what we need in HB not a pro-style

“They also said artificial sweeteners were safe, WMD’s were in Iraq, and Anna Nicole married for love”.
We were also sold on Milton being QB1 and after yesterday that’s obviously not true so…..

And thank you for proving my point. You walked right into that one, didn't you? Seriously think about what you just wrote.

You are saying that it is comparable for Heupel to lie(??) while making it harder on himself instead of just playing the better QB. And that is 100% comparable to 1) A soft drink company lying for self interest to sell you a product, 2) a politician lying for self interest to sell a war to the public, and 3) a person lying for self interest to protect her self image/marriage.

Critical thinking skills are apparently dead. Maybe, just maybe....the guy with the proven history of developing quarterbacks knows a little bit more about this than you. And he plays the guy he thinks gives him the best chance to win. And that person (for 2 different staffs now) has been "Not Harrison Bailey"

you guys keep saying he hasn’t won the starting job by 2 staffs. That is kinda dishonest statement. No coach would have started a true freshman last year if they had a choice. It was a covid year, no spring, and season could be stopped at any time. Most thought, incorrectly, that all the coaches last year had a pass, and everyone would have their jobs this year. Most coaches if they had a true stud qb last year, would have redshirted that qb if the ncaa hadn’t deemed it a pass last year. The only reason hb played last year was because it didn’t count and the season was lost. The game play was simplified by the coaches because he was a true freshman with no practice time. Jg was getting all the reps in practice, and now we are wasting reps on Milton.

No. It isn't a dishonest statement at all. In fact, your statement is illogical. Pruitt knew going into the season that there were no redshirt/eligibility year concerns. So if he truly thought his job was totally safe 100%, he would have played HB much earlier than he did. He certainly would have stuck with him when the change was made. And yet, when JG first needed to get pulled it was either Maurer or Shrout who got first call. HB was 4th string last year until the end. And even then he didnt finish games because Shrout was the better player.

Had he replaced JG you might of been onto something. Unfortunately, he didn’t impress the last staff, he’s not impressing this staff. He didn’t climb the HS rankings until late. Chaney (who didnt recruit him) as his commitment was established. He also in GA football had the luxury a Arik Gilbert in a pro-style offense. Unfortunately for HB, this style is not for him…he has to be able to read, run and scramble. I like the kid but an athletic QB he is not. KY last night with their QB is what we need in HB not a pro-style
He still had to get the ball to. Gilbert witch he did. He can also get the ball to our receivers. He scramble a number in key games was was very successful. I saw he play and was the best QB in the State for 2 plus yeas.

Reactions: GameTime
Why can't Bailey be given a shot? I know he can't do much with his feet. But, UT needs a ABOVE AVERAGE PASSER vs SEC teams!!!!! He was pretty effective throwing the ball against good SEC teams with a below average OL last year! I think he does even better behind the OL we have this year! I would be willing to bet anyone on this site $5,000 that neither JM or HH has anywhere close to 74.5 completion percentage and 0 Ints vs any 4 SEC teams on UTs schedule this year!!!!! CJH, PLEASE give the guy a chance!!!

2020 REGULAR SEASON PASSING RUSHING DATE OPP RESULT
............................................CMP
ATT YDS CMP% TD INT LNG SACK RTG
Sat 12/19vs5TA&M ____ 6__ 6__ 85__ 100.0__ 1__ 0__ 33__ 3__ 274.0
L
34-13

Sat 12/12@VANDY ____14__ 18__ 207__ 77.8__ 2__ 0__ 74__ 2__ 211.0
W
42-17

Sat 12/5vs6FLA ____14__ 21__ 111__ 66.7__ 1__ 0__ 20__ 5__ 126.8
L
31-19

Sat 11/21@23AUB ____ 7__ 10__ 86__ 70.0__ 0__ 0__ 18__ 1__ 142.2
L
30-17

TOTALS IN LAST 4 SEC GAMES _____ 41__ 55__ 489__ 74.5__ 4__ 0__ 74__ 11__ 188.5
(3 OF THEM BEING TOP 25 TEAMS)!!!!!
You cherry picked the games to leave out his 2 interceptions and even the cherry picked games we only got 20 points once. I’m not saying he wouldn’t be better, maybe he would, but it is far from a sure thing.

I’m not saying that’s his end all be all. The fans are right on this one. Media too. Nothing foolish about me. I can promise you that.

"Fans" is not all encompassing on this one. Don't you dare lump us in with you. HB cultists think they are right. Everyone else knows they are wrong.

So if Hooker comes n and lights it up and runs the offense perfectly then what reason is there to see HB? Why do y’all think he deserves it? Because his high school stats were awesome? Cause he was a world beater in a team scrimmage? O&W game.
If we go in and mop the floor with Tech and put it out of reach I wouldn't mind seeing Bailey in the 4th, see what he can do and also not risk HH getting hurt and ready to go for FL.
I just don't want to see Milton next week. I wanted to give him a chance after game and see if game 2 he would settle in and fix things over the week, he looked to have more air under the ball but still couldn't make the throws. Time to move to HH and see what he can do with QB1 reps and full week.

And thank you for proving my point. You walked right into that one, didn't you? Seriously think about what you just wrote.

You are saying that it is comparable for Heupel to lie(??) while making it harder on himself instead of just playing the better QB. And that is 100% comparable to 1) A soft drink company lying for self interest to sell you a product, 2) a politician lying for self interest to sell a war to the public, and 3) a person lying for self interest to protect her self image/marriage.

Critical thinking skills are apparently dead. Maybe, just maybe....the guy with the proven history of developing quarterbacks knows a little bit more about this than you. And he plays the guy he thinks gives him the best chance to win. And that person (for 2 different staffs now) has been "Not Harrison Bailey"

I didn’t walk into anything. Your boy Milton has competed 18 of 35 for 189 yards, a 5.4 yard average, for a 106.2 QB rating. Hooker is 16 of 22 for 193 yards, a 8.8 yard average, and a 167.3 QB rating against Pitt. Bailey in 2020 against UK, AR, AUB, FL, Vandy, and A&M was 48 of 68 for 578 yards, a 8.5 yard average, and a 155.5 QB rating.

Bailey’s yards were against far superior talent than BG and Pitt so…….stats don’t lie.

I didn’t walk into anything. Your boy Milton has competed 18 of 35 for 189 yards, a 5.4 yard average, for a 106.2 QB rating. Hooker is 16 of 22 for 193 yards, a 8.8 yard average, and a 167.3 QB rating against Pitt. Bailey in 2020 against UK, AR, AUB, FL, Vandy, and A&M was 48 of 68 for 578 yards, a 8.5 yard average, and a 155.5 QB rating.

Bailey’s yards were against far superior talent than BG and Pitt so…….stats don’t lie.

I have no "boy." However racist your connotation may be. I put my trust in the guy getting paid to select the QB from his years of provable experience. Not, "VolRage" because VolRage says so. Unless you have the resume to back it up.

Reactions: herkyvol
Have you seen anything to believe we are up 70 on anyone ? Just curious. You keep Hooker in till late in the 3rd qtr against Tech. If its 45-0 nothing sooner. If Milton is out or banged up he shouldn't play. But yes Bailey has earned PT because he practices every day. Just like anyone else on this team does. These are the type games everyone should play in. Besides, How good does it look if your starters go down when your up by 50 ?
I don't think we can hang 70 but I do think we can do 40+
Agreed if we're up and out of reach by the 4th then Bailey should get the 4th to see what he can do.

Reactions: BigALWiLson
He still had to get the ball to. Gilbert witch he did. He can also get the ball to our receivers. He scramble a number in key games was was very successful. I saw he play and was the best QB in the State for 2 plus yeas.
I don’t want to confuse SEC to GA HS. Quality football but there’s a reason now 2 staffs and recruiting services (late to the 5th star) haven’t announced the kid. Everyone loves the backup QB until they realize why he’s the backup.

I have no "boy." However racist your connotation may be. I put my trust in the guy getting paid to select the QB from his years of provable experience. Not, "VolRage" because VolRage says so. Unless you have the resume to back it up.

Aw, bless your heart. Playing the victim game with race. I suppose that’s all you have with the stats being what they are. Milton isn’t as good as either Hooker or HB so…….

I have no idea why Bailey hasn't played .. but I do know one thing .. Heupel knows QB'S and he is in 1st .. HE IS GOING TO PLAY THE GUY WHO HAS BEEN BEST IN PRACTICE .. what he has to figure out is does he have good practice qb's who can't move it too the game or does he have guys that practice bae but plays good in games .... there are both types .. Heupel has to figure that out .. and hopefully he is getting the message thru 2 games ...I heard a stat . Not sure if correct .. but I heard that Milton at Michigan had issues with passes over 40 yards .. like 1 in 40 completions.. It sure looks like that is true .

I don’t want to confuse SEC to GA HS. Quality football but there’s a reason now 2 staffs and recruiting services (late to the 5th star) haven’t announced the kid. Everyone loves the backup QB until they realize why he’s the backup.
I think the problem with HB is he's may be struggling a little with the playbook CJH wants to run. Already been said CJH has ran offenses without a mobile QB so I'd like to think if Bailey's a Mac Jones type player and knows the playbook he'd be starting.

By this logic the walk on QB practices every day put them in instead.

Meh I am not into all the race crap. Don't think that matters but I will say I can see the reason for why people would want to try with Milton. Unfortunately we do not have a team capable of picking up for bad qb play. Milton has been bad with the throw game. It's now Hooker's opportunity one should hope. He has to play better and secure the ball. I am more forgiving on the pick because he was trying to make a play. But you don't win many when you turn the ball over. We will likely see Bailey late next game if Milton can't go. I am not certain Heupel doesn't start him again if he can play.

Aw, bless your heart. Playing the victim game with race. I suppose that’s all you have with the stats being what they are. Milton isn’t as good as either Hooker or HB so…….

The stats being what? That Hooker is better than HB? Fine, Hooker should be playing over HB too. Oh wait, he already is. HB in non-Vandy games (because Vandy played with like 40 scholarship players and could have canceled because of COVID but elected to play) had 2 TDs and 2 INTS. He threw for 100 or less yards in 3/4 games, and the one he did throw 100 yards in he was down 31-7 to Florida and got benched for Shrout. He also got benched for Shrout against Tx AM.

He had every chance to win the job in spring/summer/fall and by all accounts from our media was a clear 3rd.

I don't care whether Milton or Hooker, or even Bailey starts. But you people who think Heupel sees practice and says "Yep, HB is the best guy....let's start Milton (or Hooker)" are legitimately morons.

I have no idea why Bailey hasn't played .. but I do know one thing .. Heupel knows QB'S and he is in 1st .. HE IS GOING TO PLAY THE GUY WHO HAS BEEN BEST IN PRACTICE .. what he has to figure out is does he have good practice qb's who can't move it too the game or does he have guys that practice bae but plays good in games .... there are both types .. Heupel has to figure that out .. and hopefully he is getting the message thru 2 games ...I heard a stat . Not sure if correct .. but I heard that Milton at Michigan had issues with passes over 40 yards .. like 1 in 40 completions.. It sure looks like that is true .

That’s what’s frustrating. Heupel knows QB’s so many of us were hoping we wouldn’t have another JG situation but then there’s Milton. And he’s horrible. If Heupel trots Milton out come game 3 then I’ll have to assume we have another Cornbread as HC.

VN Store

Back