Get these refs fired. NOW.

Let's not forget a couple phantom holding calls and a terrible PI call. Also the one where they said Jeremy Banks was being rough after the play when he literally walked away as soon as the whistle blew.
They always throw the penalty now if you pick a guy up and throw him down. It was Ok many years ago but not anymore.

Considering this is a thread about the officials, I honestly don't have an answer about the challenge and I don't give a ****. Booth should of buzzed down. Period. End of story.
Maybe they didn’t think it was a bad spot then.

Terrible spot. Huepel should of been in the ref ear. He messed that up and then the horrible 4th down play call.
Get under center and sneak the dang football

They always throw the penalty now if you pick a guy up and throw him down. It was Ok many years ago but not anymore.

Don't have a problem if they threw a penalty for that, but they said it was an after the play thing. No whistled had blown. Shows they don't know what the hell they're doing or talking about. Plus another play happened like that and decided it was not penalty worthy. Either way you slice it, the refs were as bad as I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Reactions: volcop1
The play before Pickett had the QB sneak for a TD; his knees were down when the ball was at least half a yard behind where they spotted it. With a correct spot...that wouldn't have been a TD. Tennessee deserved most of the penalties, and between penalties and turnovers, they did enough to lose without the refs problems spotting the ball. Pitt didn't need the help.

The play before Pickett had the QB sneak for a TD; his knees were down when the ball was at least half a yard behind where they spotted it. With a correct spot...that wouldn't have been a TD. Tennessee deserved most of the penalties, and between penalties and turnovers, they did enough to lose without the refs problems spotting the ball. Pitt didn't need the help.

That's another mistake the refs made. Not only that, it shouldn't of been a TD anyways. The QB got stuffed long enough to blow the play dead. But they didn't and he eventually fell in the endzone. Just awful all the way around

I’ve never seen so many cameras yet there was never a good camera angle. If we had challenged that terrible spot where Hooker got the 1st there probably would’ve only been an opposite endzone view.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
It’s just a flaw with how the game is run/officiated. That official was 5 yards behind the play Amd had multiple bodies in front of him. The camera had a way better angle than the sideline judge there. In those instances…they should do a time out Amd have a reply office spit the ball. They have the best opportunity to get it right. Instead…that sideline judge is in charge of the spot and you have to have irrefutable/dna evidence to overturn it.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I’ve never seen so many cameras yet there was never a good camera angle. If we had challenged that terrible spot where Hooker got the 1st there probably would’ve only been an opposite endzone view.
It's crazy because just about everything that could go wrong seemed to go wrong...yet we still had chances to go win that game. Pitt isn't a world-beater, but they're probably going to spend at least a little time in the top 25 this season and I think they're probably as good as Kentucky. More disciplined play and continuing to improve at QB can still easily get this team to a bowl game.

We know the problems, now we get to see how capable Heupel is at fixing/improving them. I hope he does because I really do like the offense he runs and I also like what Banks has been able to do at DC. We expected our defense to be hot garbage and they've looked capable of being competitive so far. Hopefully Young's pass rush ability takes them another step forward.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
Don't have a problem if they threw a penalty for that, but they said it was an after the play thing. No whistled had blown. Shows they don't know what the hell they're doing or talking about. Plus another play happened like that and decided it was not penalty worthy. Either way you slice it, the refs were as bad as I've ever seen in my lifetime.
Yes every game we lose the refs just get worse and worse. I’m telling you now there must be an anti-Ut Volunteers conspiracy in referee circles. I’m certain of it. E3436DBA-E840-4BC6-AB98-3C9ECFEE93ED.gif

It's on the replay booth. Will say it until I'm blue in the face.
Nope. Doesn’t matter if you turn blue, purple or any other shade. Then you must be stating Heupel’s hands are tied as far as challenging a spot but that would only be true if we did not have timeouts left. We did not lose this game because of referees. We lost the game because of turnovers, the inability for our D to stop Pitt and probably a handful of in game coaching decisions.

Worst refereed game I have ever witnessed, and I have seen some bad referees. They ruined a evenly matched game that had the potential to be a great game. Two guys in particular, a Line Judge and the Back Judge are either corrupt or betting on the game.

Worst refereed game I have ever witnessed, and I have seen some bad referees. They ruined a evenly matched game that had the potential to be a great game. Two guys in particular, a Line Judge and the Back Judge are either corrupt or betting on the game.
The blaming the ref’s for a loss is just old and predictable from fans. Like our team play didn’t have anything to do with the loss. SMDH. We can lose to by Alabama by 40 points and people would be in here complaining the refs were responsible.

As much as I despised them both, even Butch and Pruitt would’ve been going nuts about that spot. Heupel was just like “no biggie, I’ve got a play in my back pocket I’ve been saving all day. RB up the middle with no lead blocker from the shotgun!”

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
As much as I despised them both, even Butch and Pruitt would’ve been going nuts about that spot. Heupel was just like “no biggie, I’ve got a play in my back pocket I’ve been saving all day. RB up the middle with no lead blocker from the shotgun!”
Were you at the game? I never got to see his reaction so I'm curious how you know this happened

Reactions: rocytop2624
Were you at the game? I never got to see his reaction so I'm curious how you know this happened

I know that it happened because he didn’t challenge the spot and I never saw him come down and get into the refs ear on tv. Normally, when a coach is laying into the ref they put the camera on them.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Milton cost us the game? Uh did you see our oline attempt to block or our dline attempt to put any kind of pressure? The line of scrimmage, refs, poor QB play, and stupid mistakes cost us a the game

I think it's fair to blame him a little. He over threw at least two touchdowns, and just stood there while a guy ran straight at him and took the ball, and injured him. Even with the oline and dline playing the way it did, we still could've won the game, had hooker started the game.

It actually did not surprise me that the ACC had bad officials for this game 😛. What I found annoying is how Pitt could block 5-6 or 7 guys and no holding occurred. Apparently ACC teams are allowed to grab the defense by the waist or hook them as they run by. And to think I thought High School officiating was the worst this year. Also the 4th and 6 inches looked like a zone read that Hooker should have kept but I’ve only seen it the one time.

VN Store

Back