Get these refs fired. NOW.

Shouldn’t have been in the position that this was a make or break call. This team should have been up at least a score or three at this point in the game but we all know how that turned out.

They always throw the penalty now if you pick a guy up and throw him down. It was Ok many years ago but not anymore.
Saw it happen on 2 other plays, one they threw the flag, then picked it up. Very inconsistent , same with holding calls. I can't wait to watch it from the TV replay, I hope the officiating is better than what I saw from my seats. Judging from what I am reading on the board today, I have a feeling it won't be.

Why run from the shotgun for 6"?
I’ve seen this is everywhere, and while I agree I wish people would serious stfu about it. Probably half of College teams don’t get under center anymore. I don’t agree with it either but as soon as it don’t work that’s everyone’s go to. We scored from the 1 yard line today while in shotgun and it’s only ever a problem when it doesn’t work. It’s pretty annoying when we just grab onto anything we can to b****. We ain’t guaranteed to get a flippin yard from under center either

Reactions: McDad
I’ve seen this is everywhere, and while I agree I wish people would serious stfu about it. Probably half of College teams don’t get under center anymore. I don’t agree with it either but as soon as it don’t work that’s everyone’s go to. We scored from the 1 yard line today while in shotgun and it’s only ever a problem when it doesn’t work. It’s pretty annoying when we just grab onto anything we can to b****. We ain’t guaranteed to get a flippin yard from under center either
Why run 5 extra yards to get 6 inches, that's my opinion. You don't have to like it.

Why run 5 extra yards to get 6 inches, that's my opinion. You don't have to like it.
I don’t even disagree with your opinion, but it’s been this way for how long? And how many coaches do this? It’s just lazy to keep coming back to the same complaint. While it’s stupid, it’s not going to change

Reactions: McDad
Shouldn’t have been in the position that this was a make or break call. This team should have been up at least a score or three at this point in the game but we all know how that turned out.
We’re always in a position where there’s a make or break call. That’s Tennessee football since 2009. Stuff like this happens enough that multiple rule changes have been made AFTER we’ve been screwed.

Ummm...nothing happens to them when some random observer from outside the organization doesn't like how they performed and starts posting about it on the internet. Expecting your opinion to matter one single bit is goofy. That said, I always like your posts, UTK. (This thread is sort of crazy, though.)

Dude, this fanbase has canceled coaching hires. Don't underestimate it's power lol

Hooker has his entire body past the first down marker. The spot he got? A couple feet short. No review. Unacceptable. Period.
Never do I complain about officials ..they are human and make mistakes .and the team should fight thru bad calls..but this crew yesterday with not only 1or 2 but several bad calls. they should at least be suspended ..you a d1 official that many mistakes is not tolerated ..how many bad pi calls ..the officials where clearly in over there head

If you will watch the video on this play and the measurement that took place afterward. The refs stretched the chains from the 11 1/2 yard line instead of the 12. The first down Marker is clearly placed on the 2 yard line which he made but the chain was stretched to the 1 1/2 yard line.

Go back and watch it. We had no chance with that measurement even though we made the line to gain. Too bad we do not have coaches that are smart enough to see what is going on on the field.

Heupel said that one of the zebras told him the play would be reviewed, like he did not need to challenge because the play would be reviewed anyway. A lot of times, I believe that Tennessee is playing against both the other team and the officials. Heupel needs to follow up, if there is a way to do that without putting another target on his back.

Never do I complain about officials ..they are human and make mistakes .and the team should fight thru bad calls..but this crew yesterday with not only 1or 2 but several bad calls. they should at least be suspended ..you a d1 official that many mistakes is not tolerated ..how many bad pi calls ..the officials where clearly in over there head

The thing is, if most humans make such critical mistakes, they get fired. Never seems to happen to refs though, they're immune for some reason

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Hooker has his entire body past the first down marker. The spot he got? A couple feet short. No review. Unacceptable. Period.
You can blame the refs for the poor spot, but the ultimate responsilblity fell on the HC and his staff for NOT throwing the challenge flag. This WAS a complete failure on the staff. That was a reviewable play. Check the NCAA reviewable play rule book. page 15

https://cfo.arbitersports.com/Group...ootball_Casebook_04302014_r3_FINAL_ONLINE.pdf

Running Plays
On running plays, there are several situations where replay can get involved. • The first situation is whether a player made the line to gain or not, either for a first down or the goal line. If the runner is ruled down or his forward progress is stopped we can review that spot in relation to the line to gain. If the line to gain is not involved then that spot is not reviewable.

VN Store

Back