Get these refs fired. NOW.

DD2CE9CC-952B-48A6-BBC9-EA4F2645AAE5.jpeg
to be fair, both his feet were in front of the down marker, so it’s possible he has the ball tucked and it’s short. So many defining plays in this game that were missed by the Vols.

View attachment 393913
to be fair, both his feet were in front of the down marker, so it’s possible he has the ball tucked and it’s short. So many defining plays in this game that were missed by the Vols.
Yes, but the ****ing ref was running backward (behind the players) to escape the pile coming in. There was no way he could have made a definite call on the ball spot. It should have been reviewed, no questions asked.

You do realize there's people that watch every play and it's their sole job to buzz down for reviews right?
Then it was likely not a first down. What about Heupel ? Do we have people watching to instruct Heupel he can challenge? If true, then maybe we did not feel it was definitive enough for a challenge.

Hooker has his entire body past the first down marker. The spot he got? A couple feet short. No review. Unacceptable. Period.
Agreed. I knew it was a first down. Of course coach decided to take the challenge flag home.

I agree with the other missed calls but that was textbook block in back.

Let's not forget a couple phantom holding calls and a terrible PI call. Also the one where they said Jeremy Banks was being rough after the play when he literally walked away as soon as the whistle blew.

Reactions: rocytop2624
It's the replay booths job homie
It is also the coaches job if he has the opportunity to challenge. Do you see a replay that the spot was bad? Real time I thought he made it but have not seen anyone post a replay yet that showed it was a bad spot.

The ACC refs were brought in to ensure a Pitt victory if given the opportunity. It sucks, but they did what they were brought in to do. They threw entirely too many flags all game. Sometimes refs need to let the kids play.

I'm not usually one to complain about officiating because a lot of times there are bad calls on both sides. That wasn't the case today, and this was some of the worst I've ever seen.

It is also the coaches job if he has the opportunity to challenge. Do you see a replay that the spot was bad? Real time I thought he made it but have not seen anyone post a replay yet that showed it was a bad spot.

Considering this is a thread about the officials, I honestly don't have an answer about the challenge and I don't give a ****. Booth should of buzzed down. Period. End of story.

Reactions: rocytop2624
I still don't know how Pitt got the ball back on the FG. The ref clearly announced the fouls happened after the change of possession and the rules clearly state the possession does not change back to the other team. That cost us 37 yards of field position. It was a massive swing.

VN Store

Back