Game Thread: UT-Lady Vols v UCLA NCAA 1st Round

Worst coached, lowest motivated team in Lady Vol history. Head coach coached them to all the wrong records.
Most of these players have solid talent and want to win, yes many are young, but if anyone can show me real growth and fever since December in other than Collins, let me know.

Yup, time for a change in leadership but I believe that is two years away.
Retirement is the preferred decision.

She should be eligible for retirement. If she had any grace at all she’d do it next week and let someone else take over. She’s too narcissistic to realize she’s the whole problem though.

If she stays two more years that’ll be it for Lady Vol basketball. Our recruiting will dry up, our stands will empty and we’ll join the ranks of La Tech and ODU.

They’ll hire some young coach with vision of grandeur who won’t be able to undo what Holly did. We will just limp along into the future, a shadow of the program Pat built and Holly killed.

I don't care where they go...as long as Rennia doesn't screw the rest of the WCBB teams and go play for UConn next year.

I don’t think she’s the right fit for UCONN and Geno. If she doesn’t go I believe it’ll be to Baylor or an ACC team. Honestly Clemson might not be a bad idea. I think Amanda Butler did some soul searching in her season off. Her team looked great yesterday.

You guys'll!!! We were up what 4 with less than 4 to play and Holly allowed a 12-0 run uninterrupted with no timeouts. We didn't call a timeout until was close to a minute left. We had three freaking timeouts left. Wtf were you doing Holly conversing timeouts out to advance the ball at the end doesn't help when you down by 10.

I don’t think she’s the right fit for UCONN and Geno. If she doesn’t go I believe it’ll be to Baylor or an ACC team. Honestly Clemson might not be a bad idea. I think Amanda Butler did some soul searching in her season off. Her team looked great yesterday.
I can see her playing for Dawn Staley for sure.

Do you think she has the personality to play for Geno? She doesn't seem intense enough for him.
If she wants minutes, she'd change. Especially since she knows how it feels to play for a loser.

My fear is that she's exactly the piece that UConn needs to put themselves back in the running next year. And I'm sure Rennia is aware of that.

On a plus side, she said she never wants to have that feeling again when they lost in the 2nd round of the NCAAT last season. She got her wish this year.

I think if any players transfer it would be closer to home. Evina to Oregon and Oregon State and Davis to Florida State. I don't really think they are going anywhere and believe Holly is back as well. the mentality of Tennessee is to stay cheap to a non revenue sport as long as possible.

That can't be !! I read right here that they would win their first two games. I'm trying to remember, who posted that the LV's would win this game ?

They did,

until it got to coach v coach strategies
Q4 3:34 it was tied 70-70

2 min 12 sec later we are down 10 points ....a ten to nothing run (with no time out taken),
then we score and take a time out with 1:22 left (what?)

Game was lost with that run
Basic coaching is to stop runs, especially late in the game runs
Please tender,,

Welp, that’s all folks.
Ugh. Commentator just said, well Holly said that IF they lose in the first round she will be going back to the basics of LV b-ball.
This should have already been instilled. You had your run at the reins holly. Give it up!

So, if Tenn had won this game, but lost the next one, then with that great success, Holly would have not thought it necessary to try to teach the team fundamentals?

You guys'll!!! We were up what 4 with less than 4 to play and Holly allowed a 12-0 run uninterrupted with no timeouts. We didn't call a timeout until was close to a minute left. We had three freaking timeouts left. Wtf were you doing Holly conversing timeouts out to advance the ball at the end doesn't help when you down by 10.
That is what Holly does and taking KK out when she picked up that fourth foul was the mistake of the day.

Not sure what’s wrong with Westbrook, lazy passes, no hustle.. Either she’s done with the season or coach. Or just doesn’t care. Her body language is horrible.

Reactions: SandyO
Nah, Tennessee screwed Tennessee by missing 12 FT's,shooting 4-15 from 3 and committing a number of costly 4th quarter turnovers. I thought the Lady Vols got a fair whistle for most of the game.
This was about a late and important game possession that had a review giving ball to UCLA and announcers were shocked. Overall, you’re right, loss on LV’s giving away the game.

If Collins was more athletic she would be a supernstar. That said. If Holly is back next year lets hope a true Point Guard is in the mix. Along with a couple 3 point shooters.
She is a good stretch four type player and should be used that way. Whomever comes back next season we should see the two big girls in the post and KK and Collins at the four. Evina needs to give up the point guard to Horston and move to the two. We need the ball in someone hands that makes better decisions with the ball. Davis can hangout at the three and I'm really hoping Burrell stays she can be a bigtime player needs coaching other than Holly but they all do.

Not sure what’s wrong with Westbrook, lazy passes, no hustle.. Either she’s done with the season or coach. Or just doesn’t care. Her body language is horrible.
How did Westbrook have no hustle and she was a key part along with Kasi, Mimi, and London that got us back into the game?

If UT had a coach that would make the whole team run the G10 ramp for every TO, ball handling would improve and the # of TOs would drop dramatically. Put players on the VersaClimber for missed layups and FTs in practice and those % would immediately improve. Discipline works... and good practice habits carry over to games. If they're back to fundamentals, that would be a good place to start.

I'm sure of that. And neither is this team. This year will be a banner year compared to what's in store for them next season.

You might as well save your post about Evina so you can say it about Jordan next year. Besides, if Evina leaves you and Franklin will need a new scapegoat to explain why such an acclaimed coach is Holly continues to fail year after year.
With Horston, and without Jackson, team should be better.

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back