Game Thread: UT-Lady Vols v UCLA NCAA 1st Round

Evina can be all-time great. She is just a sophomore and in the hands of the right coach, she can be awesome.
Dana Evans would not e Dana Evans in Holly's system.

Two different type of players and you know it Westbrook has the size at 6-0 and is not a very good shooter also have problems defending smaller pg`s. I could be wrong but Dana Evans is a true pg Westbrook is more of a 2g.

Two different type of players and you know it Westbrook has the size at 6-0 and is not a very good shooter also have problems defending smaller pg`s. I could be wrong but Dana Evans is a true pg Westbrook is more of a 2g.
Sorry, I don't believe in the true" PG" philosophy. PGs can come in different shapes and sizes.

Consider Magic Johnson and Ben Simmons.

Evina's height gives her advantages on the offensive end. She can see over shorter players and post them up. We see that she has the explosive to penetrate and get to the rim, Her outside shot has gotten better. It seemed that a knee injury was bothering her toward the end of the season but she lit it up in some games before that.

Her lateral defense does need to improve but she has the athleticism to be a very good defender.

Not saying Westbrook should leave but we need a pg like Louisville 5-6 So Dana Evans what a pg can score pass and defend.
We need EVINA...she has been good enough [considering the college level coaching she's rec'd]...I can only wonder how great she could be in a well coached LV program...🧡🏀

Reactions: Nute Gunray
If the case for Evina not being the teams point guard is her defense. Then everybody on this shouldn't be playing in the position that they play. I don't know if y'all noticed NOBODY could keep anybody in front of them this season. Weather we were in a zone, man, or press they need taught how to play defense correctly.

Sorry, I don't believe in the true" PG" philosophy. PGs can come in different shapes and sizes.

Consider Magic Johnson and Ben Simmons.

Evina's height gives her advantages on the offensive end. She can see over shorter players and post them up. We see that she has the explosive to penetrate and get to the rim, Her outside shot has gotten better. It seemed that a knee injury was bothering her toward the end of the season but she lit it up in some games before that.

Her lateral defense does need to improve but she has the athleticism to be a very good defender.

Yes Westbrook can get to the rim but how many shots do she leave short ? hmm the bottom line she is to inconsistent and a turnover machine right now. Now with that said that can be fix with the right coach.

Reactions: dtnvol
Yes Westbrook can get to the rim but how many shots do she leave short ? hmm the bottom line she is to inconsistent and a turnover machine right now. Now with that said that can be fix with the right coach.
In deed...

Evina is a better shooter than Dana overall and on par from distance, and her height allows her to shoot over her defenders. She's not as fast, but her size and strength balances things out because she can finish in traffic better than Evans. Where Dana has her beat is on defense. Even with running the offense, Dana has her share of turnovers, and that's as a reserve

Both are very good, and are good PGs with different strengths and weaknesses.

You have no argument this is not the first time she has turn the ball over in crunch time. But i think the reason why Westbrook has so many bad turnovers is like Andy Landers keep saying she and the team is to inconsistent. And it starts with Holly she is to soft of a coach.

It shouldn't even be an argument. Evina had nine assists and it really should have been more like 15 if teammates could finish easy shots. We're getting blown out when she took over and appeared to start calling her own game.

Evina needs to be our PG and our offense needs to run through her (a LeBron style offense) or we need to shift her to the 2/3 position and run a scripted offense like the 1-4 high where she'll still get a lot of opportunities but they will be created by the offense not self created.

But if the offense is going to run through her, we need to surround her with shooters so when she draws all the attention she can kick it out for a wide-open threes.

Evina's shot is the teardrop floater which she has perfected. Again, I know that's not why y'all are saying she shouldn't run point because of her misses. Because, baby everybody should be on the bench then. We spent 6 tries each possession trying to make layup at point blank range. Nobody can defend and Nobody can make a layup.

VN Store

Back