Game Thread: UT-Lady Vols v UCLA NCAA 1st Round

Coach Jumper

I can be there tomorrow
pat_summitt_with_8_trophies_-_credit_-_patrick_murphy-racey_0b7e98d1a10a737f9958a1ce54ec1d72.n...jpg
Lddy Vols vs UCLA
@ 1:00 pm ET Saturday on espn2.

Gamecast available at the ESPN below:
Tennessee vs. UCLA - Game Summary - March 23, 2019 - ESPN

Use this to stay with the game via computer
if the go to wrap around coverage on tv

Girls,

#9 is the reason you came here.
No one expects anything of you this year,,,
except the ones who have always expected something of you

There is only one thing left in a season like this year...
Some magic

There are fans who wold applaud a round one win... yawn,,,smile
There are fans who think a round of 32 win is your ceiling ... SMH, yay?
There are fans who want to see that S16 matchup
I am in that group
But that's not where I see this team stopping.
S16 is the mendoza line for this group
You girls are an E8 team or better in my estimation.

Tomorrow:
  • Take that ball to the rack and run over whoever gets in your way. This is the key to your successes this year, Drive relentlessly
  • No matter what play to win
  • Deny off the ball
  • Close out all dribble pickups
  • Mix your defense against screens,,,go under/over or switch
  • On low-help defense guard the driver ALL THE WAY to the basket,,,most of you are stopping at the low-block
  • Swipe in the path of the crossover intermittently

Confidence and heart...."Here's how I'm going to beat you. I'm going to outwork you. That's it. That's all there is to it.” (CPS)

Don't let anyone outwork you this tournament!
Do That,,
Coach J

Attachments

• pat_summitt_with_8_trophies_-_credit_-_patrick_murphy-racey_0b7e98d1a10a737f9958a1ce54ec1d72.n...jpg
    pat_summitt_with_8_trophies_-_credit_-_patrick_murphy-racey_0b7e98d1a10a737f9958a1ce54ec1d72.n...jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 1
  • pat-summitt-with-8-trophies-credit-patrick-murphy-racey.jpg
    pat-summitt-with-8-trophies-credit-patrick-murphy-racey.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
All I know is that I’ll be rooting my tail off for Tennessee tomorrow, as always. Gotta get that 20th win for the season, and it only takes scoring one more point than UCLA scores to do it!

:p

Ill be rooting for my girls as this could be our last time seeing them for a while. Its been a season to remember as i predicted . The early tip time worries me but i feel it would affect UCLA more coming from the west coast. Their bodies would be operating at a start time of 8 am to play a morning game at home. Hopefully we come out and take advantage being aggresive. Dean , Burke and Oneyeonwere are true ballers.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Be great to see the team play more under control and work for open shots instead of trying to push and throw the ball away or force inside for turnovers. Any team with ball movement and decent shooters has a great chance to win. When your losing 20 possessions a game because of turnovers hard to get enough shots up to win.

The mindset should be forget about the season this is a new one record is 0 and 0 and were gonna play the right way and give ourselves a chance to win.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
UCLA is a very good team now. They finished a much better team than when they started this season. But we should win if we concentrate and not give up during the game when they get on a run. This will be a game a lot of folks will be watching, so let's hope for a great outcome.

These girls came to the great University of TN in an open and honest effort to do all asked of them. Regardless of what happens I hope for
them to keep the same team together next season.

UCLA is a very good team now. They finished a much better team than when they started this season. But we should win if we concentrate and not give up during the game when they get on a run. This will be a game a lot of folks will be watching, so let's hope for a great outcome.

They have the #1 offense, scoring 114 a game
The fact that we don't take timeouts and interrupt runs
may play a role

VN Store

Back