Game Thread Lady Vols vs. ETSU

Its Salary like the one you get from a job. I dont know what the announcer was thinking lol he says Kasi's full name correctly but Salary trips him up???

I am so happy to hear that! Sal-uh-ree (as in paycheck) can be one of the great names in the annals of the LVs. After hitting a three, Salary is money from behind the arc!!! Salary cashes in on the turnover!!!! Invest some % of your salary in 401K and defer your current tax burden to a future retirement income stream where it will be taxed at a lower rate... (Maybe not the last one....)

For tonight's game better overall shooting and certainly better three point and free throw shooting. Our plus 28 on offensive rebounds, turnover differential, and steals is awesome so need to repeat that. Horston comes out and has a huge game she needs this for her confidence going forward into some tough games. I'm feeling like 100 for the Lady Vols tonight hopefully they don't prove me wrong.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
if the goal was/is to hit 100, I am sure we could.
But given the level of competition we are facing, the goal should be once again to look at our deep roster while we can

Your opinion and i respect it, In my opinion i don`t think this team have the firepower to drop 100 even with Suárez. Kellie offense is not geared to flat out push or just shoot from the 3 almost every trip up the floor like ARK or Depaul.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Your opinion and i respect it, In my opinion i don`t think this team have the firepower to drop 100 even with Suárez. Kellie offense is not geared to flat out push or just shoot from the 3 almost every trip up the floor like ARK or Depaul.

ETSU has five freshman one of which was second highest scorer in their 1st game
24Jakhyia DavisC6'3"Fr.Knoxville, Tenn. (Bearden High School)

Their game synopsis is
ETSU’s first game:
slow starters down 2-11 at 5:47 Q1, 26-23 halftime deficit,
18 turnovers in the first half,
40 of their 62 points were scored in the paint
Hi scorers:
Jackson:13,Davis 12(off the bench)

We could easily demolish a team like this. But given Coach K's tendencies, I look for us to get deep in the bench again and get another deep look at our roster

The Fortress.......
https%3A%2F%2Fallfortennessee.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F456743118-850x560.jpeg

We more than likely won't score 100 tonight it is quite possible if we continue to get 75 shots per game and shoot 60 percent instead of 44. That would be 45 field goals which is 90 not considering three pointers or free throws. I think were capable of shooting that percentage and probably will get close to it in at least one game on the schedule. I think ETSU is a perfect candidate for us to do it. but they usually play us tough even when they don't have their best team. I really want us to shoot better especially from the three than game one and also at the line 62.5 percent. I'll still be happy at the game one percentages if were able to maintain a 20 shot differential. I'll be glad to accept 44 percent if were getting that many additional shots. Your more than likely going to win 9 out of 10 times if you can manage to do that in a game.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
We more than likely won't score 100 tonight it is quite possible if we continue to get 75 shots per game and shoot 60 percent instead of 44. That would be 45 field goals which is 90 not considering three pointers or free throws. I think were capable of shooting that percentage and probably will get close to it in at least one game on the schedule. I think ETSU is a perfect candidate for us to do it. but they usually play us tough even when they don't have their best team. I really want us to shoot better especially from the three than game one and also at the line 62.5 percent. I'll still be happy at the game one percentages if were able to maintain a 20 shot differential. I'll be glad to accept 44 percent if were getting that many additional shots. Your more than likely going to win 9 out of 10 times if you can manage to do that in a game.

I’m hoping to see better shooting today as well. Wasn’t terrible. Third quarter with our starting unit in for most of the time we shot about 57%. Second and fourth quarters with the second unit in we shot 38% and 35%. I suspect we will shoot right around 45% as a team as the year progresses. This game I would hope to see us up around 60% over 30% from three would be nice to see. Since we have so much of a size advantage it should be doable.

Would be really nice to see JH and Rennie get their shots going. Teams are on to Rennie’s shooting ability now. She’s going to need to learn ways to stay spaced to get open better than last season. WKU was on her like a fly on a turd every time she caught it.

Expecting Darby to provide some good perimeter shooting once she’s healthy. She seems to have a good handle as well so I’m guessing she’ll see some minutes at the 2-3 throughout the season.

Another cupcake that accomplished nothing if we beat them by 50 we are suppose to if they play us tough it just makes us look bad. I was really hoping Kellie would schedule different than Holly.

Another cupcake that accomplished nothing if we beat them by 50 we are suppose to if they play us tough it just makes us look bad. I was really hoping Kellie would schedule different than Holly.

Have you taken a gander at all the cancelled games? I’m just thankful we’re playing. This wasn’t at all the original schedule. This is not a year to be picky about opponents. You have to play a certain number of games to qualify for the tournament. We’ve already had one cancelled. We had at least two more P5 non-con games schedule, one with #2 Stanford, that had to be cancelled due to their COVID protocols.

I don’t foresee this staff trying to pad the schedule like Holly. The schedule last season was mostly done by the time Harper arrived and the year before we played a bunch of cupcakes because Holly could see the writing on the wall and was trying to save her job.

Next season will be the first time we have an opportunity to actually see a Coach Harper schedule.

Have you taken a gander at all the cancelled games? I’m just thankful we’re playing. This wasn’t at all the original schedule. This is not a year to be picky about opponents. You have to play a certain number of games to qualify for the tournament. We’ve already had one cancelled. We had at least two more P5 non-con games schedule, one with #2 Stanford, that had to be cancelled due to their COVID protocols.

I don’t foresee this staff trying to pad the schedule like Holly. The schedule last season was mostly done by the time Harper arrived and the year before we played a bunch of cupcakes because Holly could see the writing on the wall and was trying to save her job.

Next season will be the first time we have an opportunity to actually see a Coach Harper schedule.
Well let’s hope she sees that these games do nothing for the program.

You are so right, VolBall09. ANY game is a good game right now. I'm sure those broken-hearted FAMU players would love a chance to play 25 games against a n y b o d y with arms and legs. And I'll bet the CT fans would have been more than happy to watch their team feast on a cupcake this past weekend instead of doing more waiting for their season to start. I am so grateful that we've only had the one cancellation so far. And as awful as it is that our Vols are having to miss some big games to start the season, the upside to that is that it provided a HUGE wake-up call to our Lady Vols. I imagine our players and staff have tried their hardest to maintain safety protocols, but I'd also imagine that they now reaaaaallllly understand how costly it can be to let one's guard down even for just a little bit.

It’s obvious we have been mediocre too long and some fans are happy with wins against inferior opponents than actually a possible loss against a quality opponent.

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back