Game Thread Lady Vols vs. ETSU

Rickster

VFL
I think we can get to 100 in this game if we start out better and make the easy shots. Never know how a game is going to go. Tennessee 101 ETSU 55

We have two game threads I'll play and say Tennessee 101 ETSU 55. I think the threes will be dropping. I'm looking for 10 to 12 made threes.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I wonder if Kellie will switch up the starting lineup or go with the starters from last game? Last game could have just been a reward for practice play.

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
Anyway, back to the real reason for this thread. I wonder of Kellie will switch up the starting lineup or go with the starters from last game? Last game could have just been a reward for practice play.
I have a hard time thinking that Tamari Key won't be part of the starting lineup in short order. I don't know what the situation was with Horston and why she came off the bench. Others said she was injured. If that's the case, I can see a starting lineup of Horston, Burrell, Davis, Suarez or Green, and Key.

Reactions: Rickster
I have a hard time thinking that Tamari Key won't be part of the starting lineup in short order. I don't know what the situation was with Horston and why she came off the bench. Others said she was injured. If that's the case, I can see a starting lineup of Horston, Burrell, Davis, Suarez or Green, and Key.

I think Jordan just may have been under the weather.

Who knows maybe Kellie thinks that`s her best lineup ? I just don`t see that lineup working against the top 15 team or Texas. 6-5 Collier drop 44 on N.Texas yesterday

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
As a Johnson Citian and ETSU grad, I don't expect the Bucs to have much (mens or womens) this year. I think the WKU team we just beat would best them. No Tarter's or EH-O to give us trouble. This is Ezell's weakest roster in recent memory, but I do highly respect her as a coach.

It's a shame that the NCAAT was canceled last year because the ETSU men could have made a deep run. Now Forbes is at Wake, and the roster is weak.

Who knows maybe Kellie thinks that`s her best lineup ? I just don`t see that lineup working against the top 15 team or Texas. 6-5 Collier drop 44 on N.Texas yesterday
Probably more of a matchup situation and we'll see the same starting lineup more than likely again against ETSU as they are about the same size as Western KY. I really can't see us going against W Va or Texas without both KK and Key getting the majority of the inside minutes. Horston has to play better than 3 turnovers in 13 minutes and 0 for 6 from the field. If she wants to get the starting point guard over Walker she will have to match what Walker is doing 13 points on 10 shots and only one turnover in 22 minutes will keep Walker starting. I think Walker has her 20 to 25 minutes no matter who starts the game.

I'm hoping Jordan is feeling better. I can't imagine her as a backup. I didn't think she played as poorly as some think. She has really developed her upper body and looked to take advantage of that strength but as others have pointed out, she may be the beneficiary of expectations from her play last year.

I think Jordan just may have been under the weather.

Yes another poster who seeemed to have some info indicated she’s been under the weather. Feel bad for giving her a hard time. That was a tough first game though and we saw a lot of the same things we saw from her last year. Just scared some of us.

Looking forward to seeing how her game has developed. Coach Harper has said all of the returnees are better so I can’t wait to see Jordan H showing us what she’s got when she’s 100%. We will need her to play a more complete game against Texas and WV.

Probably more of a matchup situation and we'll see the same starting lineup more than likely again against ETSU as they are about the same size as Western KY. I really can't see us going against W Va or Texas without both KK and Key getting the majority of the inside minutes. Horston has to play better than 3 turnovers in 13 minutes and 0 for 6 from the field. If she wants to get the starting point guard over Walker she will have to match what Walker is doing 13 points on 10 shots and only one turnover in 22 minutes will keep Walker starting. I think Walker has her 20 to 25 minutes no matter who starts the game.

Yes i`m with you probably more of a matchup situation. We should have our way with ETSU they had 32 turnovers and 18 in the first half.

I'm hoping Jordan is feeling better. I can't imagine her as a backup. I didn't think she played as poorly as some think. She has really developed her upper body and looked to take advantage of that strength but as others have pointed out, she may be the beneficiary of expectations from her play last year.

I was more frustrated with her performance in the moment than I should have been. Watching it back she really didn’t play bad. She was pressing a bit and trying to get involved after coming off the bench. Teams are going to be ready to set up for the charge on her though.

It is going to have to be a conscious effort for her to pull-up or pass before she over penetrates. Against teams like MIZZOU or Auburn that flop a ton she will get into foul trouble if that doesn’t improve. Really doesn’t need to straight up run over the defender. No excuse with her leaping ability. She makes contact full speed, head on rather than adjusting her body. Her eyes are on the rim already so it looks like foul even if the defender isn’t in position because she absolutely clobbers them.

I suspect we will see the same starting 5 against ETSU tomorrow. They don’t have any real size. 6’3” freshman came in off the bench in their opener and played decent. If anything changes Key or KK may start in place of Green. Really need to see one of our bigs step up and rebound more consistently. Seems the 5 position is the biggest toss up based on minutes the other night. Green, Key and KK all played about 15 minutes.

Tamari was probably the most consistent and brought the best defensive presence IMO. Needs to post up harder and demand the ball against smaller teams. KK played great in spurts. Most of her damage was done toward the end of the 3rd quarter when we opened things up. Green didn’t touch the ball enough to get a good read on her. Was a net neutral in her first game.

Curious to see who is consistent in game two from game one. If Walker continues to play as steady at the point as she did in game one it’s going to be hard for anyone to take that spot from her the next two years. Was really impressed with how level headed she played. Never got sped up and she managed the game well. With fewer turnovers we were able to control the pace and get our defense set. Made a huge difference and made that an easy win. We struggled with teams no better than WKU the last two years.

Hopefully we will see more of Horston in game two. Would like to see her have a good night before we have to take on some tougher opponents. We’re going need her speed and physicality going forward.

Would also like to see Key and Walker out there together some. Would have to check again but it seemed Key was mainly in with Salary and Horston. I’m sure we will see lots of different combinations from Coach Kellie for a while.

We should beat this ETSU team by 40 as well. They are definitely not the same team we faced last year. I’m sure our players are ready for another shot at them.

Last edited:
It really is nice to have a Euro pro who knows how to refresh screens. ;)

Salary for 8 points, 4 assists, and 3 steals.

And is it "SAL-uh-ree" as I've been thinking or
"Suh-LAHR-ee" as that highlight dude pronounced her name?
Its Salary like the one you get from a job. I dont know what the announcer was thinking lol he says Kasi's full name correctly but Salary trips him up???

I suspect we will see the same starting 5 against ETSU tomorrow. They don’t have any real size. 6’3” freshman came in off the bench in their opener and played decent. If anything changes Key or KK may start in place of Green. Really need to see one of our bigs step up and rebound more consistently. Seems the 5 position is the biggest toss up based on minutes the other night. Green, Key and KK all played about 15 minutes.

Teonni was probably the most consistent and brought the best defensive presence IMO. Needs to post up harder and demand the ball against smaller teams. KK played great in spurts. Most of her damage was done toward the end of the 3rd quarter when we opened things up. Green didn’t touch the ball enough to get a good read on her. Was a net neutral in her first game.

Curious to see who is consistent in game two from game one. If Walker continues to play as steady at the point as she did in game one it’s going to be hard for anyone to take that spot from her the next two years. Was really impressed with how level headed she played. Never got sped up and she managed the game well. With fewer turnovers we were able to control the pace and get our defense set. Made a huge difference and made that an easy win. We struggled with teams no better than WKU the last two years.

Hopefully we will see more of Horston in game two. Would like to see her have a good night before we have to take on some tougher opponents. We’re going need her speed and physicality going forward.

Would also like to see Key and Walker out there together some. Would have to check again but it seemed Key was mainly in with Salary and Horston. I’m sure we will see lots of different combinations from Coach Kellie for a while.

We should beat this ETSU team by 40 as well. They are definitely not the same team we faced last year. I’m sure our players are ready for another shot at them.

WHAT?!?!?!?! Who is that? 🧐🤨🤔
🤗

Reactions: xtpsrh08123

VN Store

Back