Game Thread Lady Vols vs. ETSU

I disagree, I think the lesser quality games serve a purpose to allow for some playing time for those down the bench, boosts confidence and provides the opportunity to practice some plays before heading into conference play.
Sad! “Let’s play as many lesser quality opponents as we can”

I disagree, I think the lesser quality games serve a purpose to allow for some playing time for those down the bench, boosts confidence and provides the opportunity to practice some plays before heading into conference play.

Of course it does...if this was a returning veteran team that played in a FF or even an E8,,,yes, start out from day one with the juggernauts.
But it's not.
It is a team in search of answers and identity.
It needs to grow.

It needs its desert, before its entree

It looks like 3/4 of the SEC will be below avg so there will be lots of blowouts in the Conference schedule.

I have an idea. P!ss off.

Hell of a post my friend....
There's a certain "panache" to it....
51B+95Y76iL.jpg

You make a good point and i think you are correct. The only problem i have with the schedule is after we play ETSU, We get WV,TX then we go back to cupcake city playing Jackson, St and Lipscomb then into SEC play. To me if you are gonna schedule cupcakes just schedule them all in a row.

And I'll bet the CT fans would have been more than happy to watch their team feast on a cupcake this past weekend instead of doing more waiting for their season to start.

You consider MSST and Louisville cupcakes? You have high standards...

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Playing in-state programs is part of the business. You help those in-state schools get exposure (schools which are often part of the same university network), you get those schools a payday (and keep that payday in the state), and you help coaches you're possibly familiar with -- coaches who come to your clinics, direct recruits to your camps, etc. College basketball has a lot of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" to factor in. Sure, we'd love for every game to be Tennessee-Stanford or Tennessee-Texas, but you have to mind your neighbors along the way.

Another cupcake that accomplished nothing if we beat them by 50 we are suppose to if they play us tough it just makes us look bad. I was really hoping Kellie would schedule different than Holly.
Prior to Covid, our OOC schedule was set to include UCONN, ND, Stanford, WV, Texas, and the Cancun Challenge. Those are just the schools that we knew of on the schedule. We were added to the Cancun challenge late which in my opinion says Kellie was looking to add more competition to our OOC schedule. With Covid, I’m just happy that the women are able to play some OOC games prior to the conference schedule.

Weren’t they scheduled to pay Quinnipiac? This past weekend with a possibility of Maine?
Only if Maine beat MSST, which was unlikely.

Louisville may have been in whatever tournament is coming up. I think I saw that DePaul was taking UConn's place...

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Prior to Covid, our OOC schedule was set to include UCONN, ND, Stanford, WV, Texas, and the Cancun Challenge. Those are just the schools that we knew of on the schedule. We were added to the Cancun challenge late which in my opinion says Kellie was looking to add more competition to our OOC schedule. With Covid, I’m just happy that the women are able to play some OOC games prior to the conference schedule.

To piggy back off of you our opponents were Florida State and Southern Cal. So two more power 5 opponents

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Is the game available on DirecTV sec network +...its not showing on my guide..thanks in advance

Is the game available on DirecTV sec network +...its not showing on my guide..thanks in advance
Probably only on the ESPN app online which you should be able to get with Direct TV if you have a smart tv with the app loaded. If you haven't already signed up you will have to do so and name you provider. If you don't have the app loaded on a tv then you will have to watch online with a computer or other item. I don' t know exactly whether Direct TV already has the app channel on their list of channels if they do no problem. I have it through roku.

espn.com/watch

Reactions: volz2wallz
You make a good point and i think you are correct. The only problem i have with the schedule is after we play ETSU, We get WV,TX then we go back to cupcake city playing Jackson, St and Lipscomb then into SEC play. To me if you are gonna schedule cupcakes just schedule them all in a row.
The problem is after playing two road games you want to play some home games and she had to play who she could get to come here. I think the original plan was Notre Dame and Stanford for home games looks like neither of them were allowed or agreed to come here to play. They were games we were supposed to play at home. It is hard to get top teams to play you at home on short notice and you don't want to go on the road just to play top teams.

VN Store

Back