Game Thread: (25/RV) Lady Vols vs. (3/5) Connecticut

If UCONN is #3 no way we’re not Top 10! I want them in our bracket this year ! Great effort ladies we proved a lot of people wrong tonight! Either were better than people think or UCONN isn’t as good as people think!
Pfft...UCONN SUCKS, they’ll get schooled by anyone in the top 10. That UCONN team is top 15 only...they are #3 bc of the brand name.

Fine if you’re learning them ranked in the top 10 and undefeated. Not fine if you’re trying to rebuild your program.
I would think it would be the opposite. If my team is undefeated top 10 they obviously already learned the lessons. Its the up and comer or the rebuilder, like us, that needs to learn lessons along the way. One thing I'm encouraged about is this team does actually seem to learn and improve. Holly's teams seemed to be blank slates, every game was like their first.
They played a good game.
But they are nowhere near challenging UConn. UConn played as poorly as they can play, and we played a good game by our standards. It still wasn't enough barring some miracle threes at the end here.
While this is not one of the all time great UConn teams, they're good enough. And I don't think we're that far off. I feel much better about this team than any in recent memory.
Free throws notwithstanding, UConn's spotty play was mostly due to Tennessee's defense.
Agree. I thought our D the first half had everything to do with their bad shooting. I know we're all huffy at Horston, but she did a great job on Breukers early. Then Rae took over, with Jordan Walker in small bursts. They did suck at free throws though.

Pfft...UCONN SUCKS, they’ll get schooled by anyone in the top 10. That UCONN team is top 15 only...they are #3 bc of the brand name.

This I do agree with. They’re not great, good, but not great. They are also much slower than most UCONN teams.

Since the final buzz, I can’t help but reflect on how I am so much happier being a Tennessee Fan than I would be being a UCONN Fan. Tennessee was blessed with the finest coach in history, Pat Summit.

The halftime footage where reporters asked Pat and Geno the same question about if one’s car was broke down, what would they do if they saw one another. Geno’s response said all I need to know about his true character. Pat’s response was nothing but expected. Her kindness and generosity speaks much louder than how many championships you have. The lineage of Pat’s tree is so grand, with all the players, coaches, fans, and random bystanders she had touched and continues to touch today is so much greater.

I know we often speak of just playing the game, but Pat made an impact that is standing the test of time. Geno’s poor character and insulting gabs at Pat, has no place in any conversation of Pat. I can’t speak of how Geno is now, but that interview alone has left a sour taste about him in my mouth. I can see all the interviews of Pat, and her kind and warming, yet determined personality left an impactful impression on me, even though I did not know her. Just as Pat preached, you win in life with people. I can say Pat inspired me. While it is nice Geno donated to the foundation, that does not excuse for his actions in the past. I am truly humbled that Pat got to be the coach of our Lady Vols. I’m also grateful, we have Kelly Jolly as another coach. She really does embody a lot of Pat. Long live the Lady Vols and Pat Summit’s spirit!

I liked the swagger, but Walker needs to meditate about how her T could have cost us the game (even though it should have just gotten a warning at worst). Otherwise, pretty solid game except for her and other guards getting layups blocked.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Imagine that Horston played well and scored atleast 10 point.
Lady Vols win by 5-10 points if Horston and Davis played any where near their potential. Davis, as a senior, will probably never become a bigtime or goto player. Horston has the potential if she works hard. I want to say I have no disrespect for Davis but clutch scoring is not her forte.

Last edited:
Uconn have team full of stars.. 5 players that played like Rae while we have one star
Yaaaaa, they truthfully have 5 #1 Recruits this year?! Nelson-Ododa has underachieved as a #1 worse than how I felt about Mercedes Russell for us...

VN Store

Back