Game Thread: (25/RV) Lady Vols vs. (3/5) Connecticut

Since the final buzz, I can’t help but reflect on how I am so much happier being a Tennessee Fan than I would be being a UCONN Fan. Tennessee was blessed with the finest coach in history, Pat Summit.

The halftime footage where reporters asked Pat and Geno the same question about if one’s car was broke down, what would they do if they saw one another. Geno’s response said all I need to know about his true character. Pat’s response was nothing but expected. Her kindness and generosity speaks much louder than how many championships you have. The lineage of Pat’s tree is so grand, with all the players, coaches, fans, and random bystanders she had touched and continues to touch today is so much greater.

I know we often speak of just playing the game, but Pat made an impact that is standing the test of time. Geno’s poor character and insulting gabs at Pat, has no place in any conversation of Pat. I can’t speak of how Geno is now, but that interview alone has left a sour taste about him in my mouth. I can see all the interviews of Pat, and her kind and warming, yet determined personality left an impactful impression on me, even though I did not know her. Just as Pat preached, you win in life with people. I can say Pat inspired me. While it is nice Geno donated to the foundation, that does not excuse for his actions in the past. I am truly humbled that Pat got to be the coach of our Lady Vols. I’m also grateful, we have Kelly Jolly as another coach. She really does embody a lot of Pat. Long live the Lady Vols and Pat Summit’s spirit!
There is no doubt that if Pat would have never gotten sick she would have put up number of Wins no one would have broken. In CHRIST Alone

The one thing Kellie should take from this game... ADJUSTMENTS. When Nelson Ododa went out in the second everything should have been a drive although the LVs shot the 3 well that’s not their strength. They should’ve pounded the ball inside.

There is no doubt that if Pat would have never gotten sick she would have put up number of Wins no one would have broken. In CHRIST Alone
You’re probably right. That is the irony though isn’t it. She was number 1 for so long, but even she herself said, she didn’t expect to always be. Her name is so much greater than statistics can ever tell true.

Lady Vols win by 5-10 points if Horston and Davis played any where near their potential. Davis will probably never become a bigtime player. Horston has the potential if she works hard.
UCONN might have won by 20 if they hit their FT’s and PB hits half her shots. What if What if.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Lady Vols win by 5-10 points if Horston and Davis played any where near their potential. Davis will probably never become a bigtime player. Horston has the potential if she works hard.
Agreed!! My question is when is Kellie and this team going to gets some calls??? The officiating was just terrible!

I thought so too. When I watched it back I do think she got rid of the ball before she was out.
She was clearly standing on the line.Horston pointing right at it Good time for Kellie to get a T. on that no call Bring some fire back in this series..

I've been a Suarez critic but I'm coming around. She really needs to get in shape though.

I've been a CKH critic too but I thought she had the team ready to play tonight for the most part. I wish she had a deeper bench so she could sit starters who do careless crap.

I've been a Walker critic and see no reason to stop now.

All in all, there were things to build on. For three and a third quarters we stared down the Huskies and more than held our own. A few breakdowns (Horston, Walker) and some bad breaks were our undoing late.

Our point guards JH & JW combined 2 of 20 shooting
Game, set, match.
Otherwise, I enjoyed the team effort and energy.
One day I hope to enjoy game smarts for four periods

I’m not disappointed in horston she managed the game well. Rennia Davis did not step up. She was a top 15 player coming in. They need big games from their senior leader and she refused to just calm down and play her game. She’s an exceptional player but tonight she did not stand out or make pivotal plays that could give the team momentum. E Westbrook did. As much as it hurts to say that. She looked terrific in the 4th.

VN Store

Back