Game Thread: (25/RV) Lady Vols vs. (3/5) Connecticut

The keys that didn’t help us in this loss, were our stagnant offense in the 4th quarter, and several breakdowns on defense.

Reactions: Chippo
UT had a good shot tonight and actually might have just as much talent on the court, or it's at least close. Both Paige and Horston had an off night shooting, but Paige had 7 assists and 7 rebounds. Horston gets too down on herself and you can see it on her face. She has so much potential and hopefully learns from this. UT still hasn't been beaten bad yet, on the road in OT, by 1 at home, and 6 by UCONN. The potential is there, and by March this team will be dangerous. GLV!!

I KNOWWW they wish they had a game sunday 😂 They didn’t have a good time after GA and Kellies look wasn’t happy... They are going to have a mandatory day off and u think they will have some tough practices 😂

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Disappointing loss. Connecticut served up a W and Tennessee said thanks but no thanks. Fast or slow, I have to give big ups to Suarez for doing everything she physically could do, and also big ups to Burrell for literally willing Tennessee into the second half with a lead. Davis couldn't score but she did grab boards. I don't know what can be said about Horston. Her team needed her in the worst way and she just didn't bring much to the table. Really feel for the kids that put everything out there tonight; they tried.
They are much improved. Just not quite ready for prime time. They've got the right coach in my opinion.

UT had a good shot tonight and actually might have just as much talent on the court, or it's at least close. Both Paige and Horston had an off night shooting, but Paige had 7 assists and 7 rebounds. Horston gets too down on herself and you can see it on her face. She has so much potential and hopefully learns from this. UT still hasn't been beaten bad yet, on the road in OT, by 1 at home, and 6 by UCONN. The potential is there, and by March this team will be dangerous. GLV!!
THIS! Yes! You can still impact the game when not shooting well

It was quite a game. I am proud of the ladies, but where was Davis and Horston? They simply did not answer the bell. KJH has to find some scoring help for Burrell. Once UCONN turned their attention to stopping Burrell, neither Davis or Horston stepped up.

Davis actually contributed a ton. As usual. She didn’t score as much tonight because she was guarded by Griffin most of the game. Griffin is an excellent defender. It took Rennia 3 quarters but she finally got her in foul trouble and then got some good looks.

It is striking to me how much more efficiently Westbrook plays for them than she did here. She was a turnover machine here.

She was motivated tonight. I'm pretty sure she has been waiting for the chance to stick it to her former team.

VN Store

Back