Game Thread: (25/RV) Lady Vols vs. (3/5) Connecticut

Why would we foul them at 5 points
behind so they could shoot doesn't
make A damn lick of sense to me.

I think the big takeaway that people should look at is that we had near even turnovers

UCONN outscored us by like 13 off those TOs though much better team speed and finesse

I think a bit of both, they turned out not to be that big, bad and scary, and we are actually better.
Agreed , we were suppose to lose by 30 and yet we led for a Great portion. We’re only getting better , we lose to the #3 team by 6. If anything I think we proved were a top 25 team tonight. Has a team ever lost and moved up
In the rankings?

Disappointing loss. Connecticut served up a W and Tennessee said thanks but no thanks. Fast or slow, I have to give big ups to Suarez for doing everything she physically could do, and also big ups to Burrell for literally willing Tennessee into the second half with a lead. Davis couldn't score but she did grab boards. I don't know what can be said about Horston. Her team needed her in the worst way and she just didn't bring much to the table. Really feel for the kids that put everything out there tonight; they tried.

They played their hearts out. I am incredibly disappointed. More so than last season. We truly had a chance to win and we just couldn’t get it done.

I thought this was an extremely well coached game by Kellie. I am so thankful we didn’t watch a Holly team take on UCONN tonight. She coaxed them back when I was certain they were done and in the end they had a shot.

Horston needs to put this tape under her pillow. For her sake alone I hope we do play them again. She had an abysmal night and it hurt. That’s the truth. I love her, but that was so frustrating to watch. I know she’ll catch a lot of hate on here. Hope she knows it’s because EVERYONE can see her incredible potential. But she doesn’t always have it on display. Has to be 100% MENTALLY focused every game. Not just physically. I think she was way overhyped tonight, as was Davis. Hurt them both

Last edited:
We have one. She just took a vacation tonight.
Tonight? We should have won this game tonight and would have with decent P G play. However, I am very pleased with the progress the team has made this year. One or two more pieces an$ they will be very good.

Horston has to be the worst 5 star I have ever seen.
I actually disagree. I think Horston is exceptional. I think she just played outside of herself today. Overthinking the game, and not making the simple pass. I’m so glad for all the recruits we have. We will get another shot again. Luckily, this doesn’t end out season!

VN Store

Back