'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

Welp......................i was right (and wrong) when I asked how committed BJ was and got blown up here by "insiders." I thought for sure his brother would get him to eventually flip to Georgia. I didn't see this LSU thing coming. And now..............it appears HB is probably next to decommit. SMDH...........just SMDH.

Is there any information to suggest HB will decommit? Or just BVS until he signs the LOI?

My thoughts:
First off, I'm a pretty level headed guy. I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories about recruiting. I know recruiting is about luring 17-18 year old's to your beloved college team. They change their minds at the drop of a hat. I understand all that. I don't hold grudges against them if they decommit. They don't hold the same attachment that we do to UT or Bama or Florida or whoever. They are just looking out for what's best for them. I get it.

So starting about a month ago I thought he was a sure flip to UGA because his brother is there, he's from GA, and he committed to UT before our disastrous start (mid August?) Definitely did not see the flip to LSU coming. When I heard about it I had my typical reaction to a decommit..."that's fine. Let's keep recruiting him because it ain't over until NSD. If we don't get him I hope he does well over there unless he plays us."

Then I saw he said this....."I knew it was LSU over the summer, but I did not want to rush anything. I was still talking to Auburn and Tennessee a lot, but after my visit there late in June before the dead period, I knew it was going to be LSU.

WHAT!!? WHAT??!! WHATTF!! WTF!!! YOU KNEW IT WAS LSU OVER THE SUMMER??!! IN LATE JUNE??!! Then why did you commit to UT in August?! Why didn't you commit to LSU then? I'm sorry people but this is throwing up red flags all over the place for me.

It's either one of two things and/or possibly a combination of the two.
1) LSU is up to some shenanigans with $ or perks. Who knows? But it ain't on the up and up.
2) The kid is a low down dirty scoundrel that played UT for a fool.

This smells to high heaven.

My thoughts:
First off, I'm a pretty level headed guy. I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories about recruiting. I know recruiting is about luring 17-18 year old's to your beloved college team. They change their minds at the drop of a hat. I understand all that. I don't hold grudges against them if they decommit. They don't hold the same attachment that we do to UT or Bama or Florida or whoever. They are just looking out for what's best for them. I get it.

So starting about a month ago I thought he was a sure flip to UGA because his brother is there, he's from GA, and he committed to UT before our disastrous start (mid August?) Definitely did not see the flip to LSU coming. When I heard about it I had my typical reaction to a decommit..."that's fine. Let's keep recruiting him because it ain't over until NSD. If we don't get him I hope he does well over there unless he plays us."

Then I saw he said this....."I knew it was LSU over the summer, but I did not want to rush anything. I was still talking to Auburn and Tennessee a lot, but after my visit there late in June before the dead period, I knew it was going to be LSU.

WHAT!!? WHAT??!! WHATTF!! WTF!!! YOU KNEW IT WAS LSU OVER THE SUMMER??!! IN LATE JUNE??!! Then why did you commit to UT in August?! Why didn't you commit to LSU then? I'm sorry people but this is throwing up red flags all over the place for me.

1) LSU is up to some shenanigans with $ or perks. Who knows? But it ain't on the up and up.

Probably your most level headed post in the RF. Props.

Another scenario not mentioned yet......

What if BJ thought AG was coming to TN??

My thoughts:

yaw yaw

So he can't go to UGA with brother then he chooses TN to play with 2 teammates? That would definitely make him a follower. That may have helped tipped the scales our way though if UGA was first choice, although he wasn't chosen, then LSU coaches did something "stupid" only to fix it in order to help him keep his best friend in BR.

Reactions: chargervol
I had a real good conversation last week with DL coach DD from Auburn and Ole Miss back in the day about recruiting....... Boy coach Yaw Yaw is full of tricks. That book meat locker just scratch the surface. Coach DD was also a coach in Knoxville back in the day.

I'm still wondering if it's a package deal and Gilbert pledged with the condition they sign BJ as well. Might sound weird because BJ is highly rated, but LSU has plenty of high rated recruits they're still in on. They can be fairly selective.

My thoughts:

It sure stinks for us, that's a fact. And as far as LSU being up to shenanigans; when Ed Orgeron, one of the most shady characters ever to walk the sidelines in college football, is involved, you cannot discount the possibility of impropriety.

I think the same as someone else said. We were his fallback until he got that commitable offer from LSU. I don't have any ill will towards him but I do hope we end up being the better team before he leaves there.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Welp......................i was right (and wrong) when I asked how committed BJ was and got blown up here by "insiders." I thought for sure his brother would get him to eventually flip to Georgia. I didn't see this LSU thing coming. And now..............it appears HB is probably next to decommit. SMDH...........just SMDH.
Lol. I think most “insiders” said there was real danger with LSU when Arik committed. Low chance of Bailey going anywhere.

Don’t know the kid personally but most say he’s a good kid. Don’t know why some are assuming he’s a bad kid or his word doesn’t mean anything. You want kids that are comfortable at a school.

A healthy and experienced Brian Maurer is the only one with the ability to keep Harrison Bailey from being the starter day one he gets to campus, imo.

Bailey with guys like Hyatt and Calloway at WR.
Gray at RB is a dangerous offense.
Definitely want a Harrison Bailey on your roster.

I hope we can hold onto him, but I don’t understand the love he’s getting. He isn’t very mobile, doesn’t have the greatest arm, and has a very slow release. At least that’s what I saw in his game on ESPN. Sure he puts up good numbers, but it seemed to me like Gilbert being on the field makes him much better than he really is. Like I said I hope we can hold onto him, but Shrout looked very good in the Diet USC game, and was considered the biggest sleeper in his class and many “experts” said he could end up being the best NFL QB of the class with the right coaching. We need another QB on the roster because of questions around Maurer’s health, but I don’t see Bailey starting as a freshman or even a RS freshman or sophomore unless Maurer has to quit and/or Shrout transfers. Especially considering Gilbert won’t be here and he’ll have no chemistry with the receivers and linemen, and the team loves Maurer and Shrout will have that chemistry also

VN Store

Back