‘23 GA LB Jalen Smith (Tennessee commit)

Yeah especially since Beasley and Mitchell both have another year, seems like Jalen ans Telander would be behind them. E Herring and Perry should be in the mix too
Just guessing, but I’d suspect Mitchell wouldn’t be welcomed back. Been here 2 years and been either injured or in trouble. Get with the program or get gone as new talent coming on board

Just guessing, but I’d suspect Mitchell wouldn’t be welcomed back. Been here 2 years and been either injured or in trouble. Get with the program or get gone as new talent coming on board

Y’all sure Mitchell has another year? I thought he was a Covid senior this year.

I think he might? RS sr this year but if he gets a covid year then he’d get to be a RS sr again next year, I think?
I just did some research and it appears that he only played one season of JUCO football before transferring to Texas, but it's not clear if he had redshirted his first year of JUCO or not. If not, then yes, he still has his COVID year to use. If he did, then this would be his COVID year. I hope he and Beasley are both back next year.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
If so were in trouble. He’s going to be a phenomenal player for us, but if we’re starting 220 pound freshman LBs in year 3 we have a problem

Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football.

Ok. That was harsh. Sorry. However, look at our current LBs. They are in the 225 range.

Look at the top LBs that are drafted. They are usually around 230-235

I think he might? RS sr this year but if he gets a covid year then he’d get to be a RS sr again next year, I think?
He doesn't have a star by his RS Sr. designation on the depth chart, so I guess he does have another year. Technically.... Mitchell, Beasley, and Banks could all come back next season.

He doesn't have a star by his RS Sr. designation on the depth chart, so I guess he does have another year. Technically.... Mitchell, Beasley, and Banks could all come back next season.
Banks could use another year, not sure he’ll stick around if he has another year like last year. But if he did this defense would be pretty phenomenal.

Baron/Bailey
Thomas/Simmons/Phillips
Eason/West/Terry
Harrison/Josephs/Pearce

Mitchell/Beasley/ Jalen Smith?
Banks/Herring/Perry

And all we lose in the secondary is Flowers

This guys 247 composite just went up a bit to .8892…I’m guessing On3 bumped him a little…he’s .0008 from a composite 4*…just a matter of time IMO…this class is shaping up nicely from a ratings stand point
On3 bumped him to an 89, and Charles Power advised that he was one on the watchlist for further bump.

In Grayson's win over South Gwinnett last Friday, Smith had 15 tackles and 2 TFL. Through 7 games he has racked up 83 tackles, 11 TFL, 4 sacks, 7 QB hurries, and an INT.
Most underrated LB in recruiting services eyes. His Athletic abilities and play on field scream top 100 type of Talent. In CHRIST Alone

VN Store

Back