‘23 GA LB Jalen Smith (Tennessee commit)

walkenvol

Yeah especially since Beasley and Mitchell both have another year, seems like Jalen ans Telander would be behind them. E Herring and Perry should be in the mix too
Just guessing, but I’d suspect Mitchell wouldn’t be welcomed back. Been here 2 years and been either injured or in trouble. Get with the program or get gone as new talent coming on board

Just guessing, but I’d suspect Mitchell wouldn’t be welcomed back. Been here 2 years and been either injured or in trouble. Get with the program or get gone as new talent coming on board
If the staff didn't want to keep him, they wouldn't have kept him this offseason

bigl3327

I think he might? RS sr this year but if he gets a covid year then he’d get to be a RS sr again next year, I think?
I just did some research and it appears that he only played one season of JUCO football before transferring to Texas, but it's not clear if he had redshirted his first year of JUCO or not. If not, then yes, he still has his COVID year to use. If he did, then this would be his COVID year. I hope he and Beasley are both back next year.

Franklin_Vol09

If so were in trouble. He’s going to be a phenomenal player for us, but if we’re starting 220 pound freshman LBs in year 3 we have a problem
Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football.

Ok. That was harsh. Sorry. However, look at our current LBs. They are in the 225 range.

Look at the top LBs that are drafted. They are usually around 230-235

bigl3327

I think he might? RS sr this year but if he gets a covid year then he’d get to be a RS sr again next year, I think?
He doesn't have a star by his RS Sr. designation on the depth chart, so I guess he does have another year. Technically.... Mitchell, Beasley, and Banks could all come back next season.

swchandler1988

Hendon4Heisman
He doesn't have a star by his RS Sr. designation on the depth chart, so I guess he does have another year. Technically.... Mitchell, Beasley, and Banks could all come back next season.
Banks could use another year, not sure he’ll stick around if he has another year like last year. But if he did this defense would be pretty phenomenal.

Baron/Bailey
Thomas/Simmons/Phillips
Eason/West/Terry
Harrison/Josephs/Pearce

Mitchell/Beasley/ Jalen Smith?
Banks/Herring/Perry

And all we lose in the secondary is Flowers

Volnatic

UT Fan In Cardinal Land
This guys 247 composite just went up a bit to .8892…I’m guessing On3 bumped him a little…he’s .0008 from a composite 4*…just a matter of time IMO…this class is shaping up nicely from a ratings stand point
On3 bumped him to an 89, and Charles Power advised that he was one on the watchlist for further bump.

VN Store