‘23 GA LB Jalen Smith (Tennessee commit)

Kid is an animal. I think he can be a JRM type of player for us and contribute as a freshman. Especially if he’s an EE and can learn the system and get up to about 225-230 by this time next season

For whatever reason, I generally forget about JRM. Dude was really good.

If so were in trouble. He’s going to be a phenomenal player for us, but if we’re starting 220 pound freshman LBs in year 3 we have a problem
What? Our main linebackers that play are all between 220-225. He will most likely be 235 when he gets in the strength program and starts playing for us. He has instincts that can’t be taught. We likely lose both our starting linebackers this year and page. He could definitely start if he grasps our system. You enjoy trolling, don’t you? Ha

Banks is listed at 225ish.
Beasley 225.
HT (just for reference) at 228.
All are veterans that have experience playing in the SEC and the defensive system. Freshman rarely start in the SEC at LB unless they’re a freak physical specimen (AJ Johnson) or are playing for a team that is thin at LB (DKJ)

Reactions: Smokey19rt
All are veterans that have experience playing in the SEC and the defensive system. Freshman rarely start in the SEC at LB unless they’re a freak physical specimen (AJ Johnson) or are playing for a team that is thin at LB (DKJ)

I wasn’t speaking to inexperience. You pointed out he was 220 lbs. I was just showing you our current LBs weigh 225 lbs.

Banks is listed at 225ish.
Beasley 225.
HT (just for reference) at 228.
All are veterans that have experience playing in the SEC and the defensive system. Freshman rarely start in the SEC at LB unless they’re a freakish physical specimen (AJ Johnson) or are playing on a team that is thin at LB (DKJ)
I wasn’t speaking to inexperience. You pointed out he was 220 lbs. I was just showing you our current LBs weigh 225 lbs.
No, I said if a 220 pound freshman is starting at LB in year 3 under this current staff we have a problem. People should really learn how to read and process a full statement before drawing conclusions

Last edited:
All are veterans that have experience playing in the SEC and the defensive system. Freshman rarely start in the SEC at LB unless they’re a
No, I said if a 220 pound freshman is starting at LB in year 3 under this current staff we have a problem. People should really learn how to read and process a full statement before drawing conclusions

Why list his weight if you now claim it’s not important?

Who was the last true freshman QB to start at either of those programs and how did they do?
Jalen Hurts almost won a national title as a true freshman. Tua could’ve started as a freshman but didn’t because he was behind a Sophomore in Hurts, but you could even argue him not starting in ‘17 held the team back some. Fields should’ve started at UGA in ‘18 but Kirby and Chaney didn’t know what they were doing offensively.

And it’s not SEC but Trevor Lawrence won a national title as a true freshman. And he beat the SEC champs from that year 44-16 in the process

VN Store

Back