‘23 GA LB Jalen Smith (Tennessee commit)

Really Jalen Hurts is the only one I can think of. Young didn’t start Y1 at Bama, nor did Tua.

Can’t think of any at UGA.
I did forget about Hurts, I may have thought he was a redshirt. I’d also say having a veteran laden O Line makes a huge determination on that decision.

Regardless , it’s not optimal

Reactions: MarcoVol
Who was the last true freshman QB to start at either of those programs and how did they do?
That was 2017-18
It's 2022 now. 🙄.

If they were true freshman in 2017-18...
Do you see where that question goes haha?

No it started when you said Kaleb Beasley can't play CB🙄. Weeks ago, homeboy.

As I said you were wrong.

I said what I said, and I don't really care to keep talking about it especially since you won't even admit being wrong.
Where did I say Kaleb can't play CB. I just said he's not a 1st round pick CB right now for me (at that time). He's taken a huge step forward in his game so far from what I've seen this summer/fall

Reactions: LittleVol
Where did I say Kaleb can't play CB. I just said he's not a 1st round pick CB right now for me (at that time). He's taken a huge step forward in his game so far from what I've seen this summer/fall
Is being an eventual 1st round pick the standard? Lot of great college players don’t go first day.

I love Nico but people better start realizing that Joe Milton III will have something to say about it next year. He very well could start week 1 in the 23 season. Just saying. Nico will be an underweight freshman competing against a 6th year grown man who knows the playbook.
Waaaaaaaay too many people are writing off Tayven Jackson. Reports from camp say he’s shown phenomenal flashes at times. With almost 2 years on campus in the offense along with his skillset he’s going to be extremely tough to beat out for the job. The only issue with that is if he does in fact win the starting job next year it’s very likely he’s the starter in 2024 as well and does that run Nico off?

Is being an eventual 1st round pick the standard? Lot of great college players don’t go first day.
I never said he was bad lol. Someone said he was a 1st round corner and I said he needs to work on some stuff to get there. Makes more sense in context

Just looked over my reply to your statement that was quoted.

You in FACT DID NOT, say he couldn't play CB😌.

I apologize for accusing you of that opinion. And actually I should apologize for the whole past 3 days!

I'm getting old. I remember you saying he couldn't play CB. But you actually never said that. I'm sorry for being an *******.
@allvolrecruiting .

I apologize for accusing you of that opinion. And actually I should apologize for the whole past 3 days!

I'm getting old. I remember you saying he couldn't play CB. But you actually never said that. I'm sorry for being an *******.
@allvolrecruiting .
It happens lol. All good. I'm sure I've done the same before

I never said he was bad lol. Someone said he was a 1st round corner and I said he needs to work on some stuff to get there. Makes more sense in context
Just so im understanding...someone said that this kid, who is a JUNIOR in high school, is a 1st rounder? In the NFL? And, you responded to this person??

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

@allvolrecruiting .

For those of you playing along at home, that's how men do it.

I was overly harsh.
I criticized repeatedly your ability to understand the sport you have chosen to follow as a career. The least I can do, as a critic...is get the facts straight. And I failed to do that. Which led to me forming an opinion about you that wasn't even real...

You do awesome job bringing us information and keeping us in whatever loop you can.
Thank you for everything you do around here. Keep up the hardwork👍

Yea bro u lost most us at 6th year player..Look that dude had 3 years at Michigan basically and still didn't know the playbook or execute it.Dude had another chance here and couldn't get the job done be it on a few months but what I saw wasn't that impressive when the lights came on.

So now ur telling me that he's beating out one of the best freshman qbs we've had in years and Jackson who from all accounts has looked fairly good??Sorry but if Ole Joe ain't figured it out in over half a decade 🤦‍♂️he probably ain't going to.Ill gladly eat crow if I'm wrong cause I won't nothing more than to see kids succeed but this is a ludacris statement.
So, if Milton starts next year, are you even going to bother to watch since you already know how it will end?

Yea bro u lost most us at 6th year player..Look that dude had 3 years at Michigan basically and still didn't know the playbook or execute it.Dude had another chance here and couldn't get the job done be it on a few months but what I saw wasn't that impressive when the lights came on.

So now ur telling me that he's beating out one of the best freshman qbs we've had in years and Jackson who from all accounts has looked fairly good??Sorry but if Ole Joe ain't figured it out in over half a decade 🤦‍♂️he probably ain't going to.Ill gladly eat crow if I'm wrong cause I won't nothing more than to see kids succeed but this is a ludacris statement.

Another non-believer in this staff’s ability to develop.

I’m kidding, mainly. I like the convo on what will happen. My speculation is the job will be between Milton and Nico. Milton goes into camp with a tremendous advantage - multiple years in system, on-field experience. And let’s not forget he has a ton of talent. He’ll be the starter going into game 1. As long as he performs adequately and isn’t holding the team back, the job remains his. Nico gets as many snaps in 4 games as possible and redshirts. What a blessing that would be.

But if Milton falters and Nico is pushing him and it’s relatively close, the move will be made and the Nico era will begin. I don’t see Heup throwing away an entire season rocking with Milton if he’s not cutting it.

Just my guess on how it will go.

Another non-believer in this staff’s ability to develop.

I’m kidding, mainly. I like the convo on what will happen. My speculation is the job will be between Milton and Nico. Milton goes into camp with a tremendous advantage - multiple years in system, on-field experience. And let’s not forget he has a ton of talent. He’ll be the starter going into game 1. As long as he performs adequately and isn’t holding the team back, the job remains his. Nico gets as many snaps in 4 games as possible and redshirts. What a blessing that would be.

But if Milton falters and Nico is pushing him and it’s relatively close, the move will be made and the Nico era will begin. I don’t see Heup throwing away an entire season rocking with Milton if he’s not cutting it.

Just my guess on how it will go.
This is so logical! If this happens then this will happen. Instead of just saying you know what will happen without a question.

Reactions: Orange.
Stats through 3 games: 35 tackles, 5 TFL, 5 QB hurries, 2 sacks, 1 fumble caused.
Kid is an animal. I think he can be a JRM type of player for us and contribute as a freshman. Especially if he’s an EE and can learn the system and get up to about 225-230 by this time next season

VN Store

Back