‘23 GA LB Jalen Smith (Tennessee commit)

I love Nico but people better start realizing that Joe Milton III will have something to say about it next year. He very well could start week 1 in the 23 season. Just saying. Nico will be an underweight freshman competing against a 6th year grown man who knows the playbook.
We should all pray it’s Milton’s job.

DO NOT ever want a true freshman starting at an SEC program

We should all pray it’s Milton’s job.

DO NOT ever want a true freshman starting at an SEC program
There's a lot of Vawl fans thinking that way right now though. I'm not saying Nico won't be a starter year 1. Honestly all the dude needs is some real weight put on. But Milton's not sticking around for nothing.

There's a lot of Vawl fans thinking that way right now though. I'm not saying Nico won't be a starter year 1. Honestly all the dude needs is some real weight put on. But Milton's not sticking around for nothing.
Milton will be the starter week 1 next year… how long he is Qb1 will depend on if he is able to translate his play in practice to the game consistently… if he has then he will remain Qb1 if he has not coach heup wont hesitate to see if Nico or Tayven can…

I saw a video on twitter last week, where Nico stated he planning to add like 20lbs this fall... He hopes to be 215-220 when he arrives at TN as EE in JAN. He did mention that it will be hard to do, as hard to hold weight during season he said.

I didn't explain it that way, was just saying your complaint contradicted itself. Chandavian is very good and definitely shouldn't have dropped nearly as much as he did. He was one of the best players at the big camp in Florida this summer. I didn't say Kaleb can't play corner, I said something he can improve on is his change of direction and he did that this spring/summer from what I was able to see of him and he proved the change is legit on the field against Milton. Quotes from me on Kaleb:
"He is a 6-0 corner as a freshman that is going to be really good"
"He is going to be one of the top corners in his class so he will be hearing from all the top schools."
"He's elite"
"Hips are too stiff RIGHT NOW [to be a 1st round pick] IMO"
"He's going to be a great DB."
"Looking forward to watching him against Thompson and Milton (will be matched up on Debron probably)... He's still young obviously and he has worked his butt off this spring despite playing basketball so I'm looking forward to his play this year. Really good kid too"
Real men fess up when they're wrong.
All I'm going to say about that.

Also, in your field its painfully obvious that you don't have to know about actual football to give your critique on a player.

This is America. Go live your dream.

I write whatever the hell I want to write. They don't tell me what to write. I interview a recruit, write up a summary, include some good quotes I like, and send it in to be put up. I'm going to be doing more than just interviews now, so when I get some game reports or recruit reports (probably the latter) from the Freedom Bowl and Corky Kell, you'll see how I feel about Kaleb's game. I'm very high on Kaleb. I just write articles for sites to continue to grow my brand on bigger platforms so I can hopefully keep moving up and building connections. Nobody beside people around recruits and my eyes affect my opinion on a player's game or talent level. Kaleb is really good, Debron is really good, Jalen is really good, Chandavian is really good. I'm super high on all of them. I'll say what I like and don't like about anyone's games if it comes up. I don't have any bias against Tennessee. If anything, I have bias towards us because I'm a lifelong fan lol

I hear that😌👍

I love Nico but people better start realizing that Joe Milton III will have something to say about it next year. He very well could start week 1 in the 23 season. Just saying. Nico will be an underweight freshman competing against a 6th year grown man who knows the playbook.

Exactly. And he will have had 2 years of coaching by Heupel to improve on the fundamentals/technique. Jackson will also be a big factor with a full season under his belt.

The QB battle will be extremely competitive in 2023, which is great because it likely means Tennessee will have a very good one starting.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

He may know the playbook, but actually making those plays is where he struggles along with game awareness.

If Milton has to start most of the season, Vols win 4 or 5 games

I'm not concerned because I don't see that happening.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
He may know the playbook, but actually making those plays is where he struggles along with game awareness.

So you’re not a believer in this staff’s ability to develop?

So you’re not a believer in this staff’s ability to develop?

We have a good number in this fanbase who write off a kid’s ability to perform in this system after they’re less than stellar in it, having only been in it for a couple of months. Development and getting better aren’t on their radar.

Oh, and hE doNe RuN OuTta bounDs to Loose ThE game CUz he iS aFRAid of geTTin hiT!!!

Game awareness? Credentials please!

Yea bro u lost most us at 6th year player..Look that dude had 3 years at Michigan basically and still didn't know the playbook or execute it.Dude had another chance here and couldn't get the job done be it on a few months but what I saw wasn't that impressive when the lights came on.

So now ur telling me that he's beating out one of the best freshman qbs we've had in years and Jackson who from all accounts has looked fairly good??Sorry but if Ole Joe ain't figured it out in over half a decade 🤦‍♂️he probably ain't going to.Ill gladly eat crow if I'm wrong cause I won't nothing more than to see kids succeed but this is a ludacris statement.

Yea bro u lost most us at 6th year player..Look that dude had 3 years at Michigan basically and still didn't know the playbook or execute it.Dude had another chance here and couldn't get the job done be it on a few months but what I saw wasn't that impressive when the lights came on.

So now ur telling me that he's beating out one of the best freshman qbs we've had in years and Jackson who from all accounts has looked fairly good??Sorry but if Ole Joe ain't figured it out in over half a decade 🤦‍♂️he probably ain't going to.Ill gladly eat crow if I'm wrong cause I won't nothing more than to see kids succeed but this is a ludacris statement.

Joe is 100% starting week 1.

In this particular thread I would rather hear who Jalen Smith is going to beat out next year at linebacker.
Well that's what I was saying.

His situation at ILB next year will be similar to QB situation. JMO but Beasley is a stop gap type go for the coaches. He's lowkey timid sometimes.

I think once Perry really gets serious about the weight room he and J Smith will grab the starting spots. Telander will also be right there. Herring will have a say so to.

Real men fess up when they're wrong.
All I'm going to say about that.

Also, in your field its painfully obvious that you don't have to know about actual football to give your critique on a player.

This is America. Go live your dream.
This started because you got mad when I said your stats/statement on when Kaleb's INT were wrong

This started because you got mad when I said your stats/statement on when Kaleb's INT were wrong

No it started when you said Kaleb Beasley can't play CB🙄. Weeks ago, homeboy.

As I said you were wrong.

I said what I said, and I don't really care to keep talking about it especially since you won't even admit being wrong.

People will tell themselves anything sometimes.

Milton has showed zero ability ANYWHERE to be able to lead a winning team, yet somehow he's going to be better than what I think is the best QB prospect in the past 3 years. Welp...Nico is a freshman, so that means it's impossible for him to have success 🤪.

Even though UT has played with 2 AT THE SAME TIME BEFORE !!
Bama with Jalen Hurts, then the very next season Benched Hurts for another true freshman to win the National Championship.
Oh, and they beat UGA...who ALSO a had true freshman starting at QB in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Reactions: TitanicVolz

VN Store

Back