'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Do we have room to sign him in BBall so we can sign him, Beckwith and Hardy? I mean he could always transfer to FB as soon as a a scholarship opens up.

Do we have room to sign him in BBall so we can sign him and Hardy? I mean he could always transfer to FB as soon as a a scholarship opens up.
giphy.gif

Do we have room to sign him in BBall so we can sign him, Beckwith and Hardy? I mean he could always transfer to FB as soon as a a scholarship opens up.
There is a rule governing which sport a dual sport player has to be charged to.

IIRC, a football player on scholarship has to be counted against football regardless of any other sport they play.

Reactions: jakez4ut

IIRC, a football player on scholarship has to be counted against football regardless of any other sport they play.
That’s correct

Counts for the higher revenue sport. In theory there are a few schools where that could be basketball (Kansas, Duke, etc)

Reactions: sjt18

Great idea. If that doesn’t workout...maybe we get get him a scholarship to row team 😉 😉 ...and have him play football also!!

Thanks 3rd. You're quite the resource.

Happen to be connected to a comp dept like La_Vol seemed to be? You can just wink or post an emoji in response, iyl.
No, nothing attached to a university. I just find I feel better with a little research into the facts rather than endlessly arguing opinions. It doesn't take long to find the manual online and read what the rules really are. I dunno, it's probably just the engineer in me.

Reactions: Devo182
No, nothing attached to a university. I just find I feel better with a little research into the facts rather than endlessly arguing opinions. It doesn't take long to find the manual online and read what the rules really are. I dunno, it's probably just the engineer in me.
Same. After wading through federal tax code, the D120 pdf of NCAA bylaws and proposals database feel cushy.

Reactions: 3rdDegreeVol
So if Ives Pons wanted to play football, he would count against football scholly? What if football doesnt have room, does that mean he just cant play football?
That's would be my understanding. He'd have to count as a football scholarship or not participate.

Reactions: wmcovol
It doesn't work that way and I'm sure Barnes wants to use his 13 scholarships for basketball players.

VN Store

Back