First Impressions of Coach Donnie Tyndall

Not at all, It is because you only look at one thing and not the bigger picture.

He was a proven winner before he got here and your play on words is cute.

This discussion best be settled in the football forum anyway.

All I was asking is why do you make an effort to go negative.

I'm not, I'm being realistic. I like Butch and think he will get it done, but people talk about him as if he won 9 games last year.

I thought the entire presser was a little unprofessional. Hart needs to quit making jokes. CDT is not going to be who we want from a public communication perspective right away. He will have to grow into that role. Believe it or not, CCM was really good at being professional in these type situations and his demeanor was one of the things i really liked about him. I hope CDT allows himself to be himself and doesn't try to be anything other than that. However, Hart really needs to quit making jokes. It's a sign of being uncomfortable and makes him look unprepared.

Relax, have a beer. Way too much stress in your life.

I'm not, I'm being realistic. I like Butch and think he will get it done, but people talk about him as if he won 9 games last year.

He didn't we both know that and he may still have a losing record after next season, but he has won in a lot of other areas and has changed the culture of the program and that is what was needed.

Martin was a winner and we treated him like the biggest loser at times.

I think Martin's disposition was due to his fight with Cancer and his recovery. Stress Kills and he was in a job that can eat you alive with it. Stress can energize Cancer cells for those in remission. Hence, he was very low key of which fans did not understand why he was so laid back and he was never totally embraced like other coaches were here.

We now have another winner from Michigan in our midst. He is also a proven Winner and you have to like his Workaholic attitude, we will know soon.

Reactions: 3 people
He didn't we both know that and he may still have a losing record after next season, but he has won in a lot of other areas and has changed the culture of the program and that is what was needed.

I think Martin's disposition was due to his fight with Cancer and his recovery. Stress Kills and he was in a job that can eat you alive with it. Stress can energize Cancer cells for those in remission. Hence, he was very low key of which fans did not understand why he was so laid back and he was never totally embraced like other coaches were here.

We now have another winner from Michigan in our midst. He is also a proven Winner and you have to like his Workaholic attitude, we will know soon.

I agree!

Buzz Peterson was a proven winner....just because you won at a lesser level doesn't always translate to being a winner at Tennessee. Is it more likely than a guy who's never won, sure, but I won't call Butch or Donnie winners until they've actually won at Tennessee.

Jmo

Reactions: 1 person
I know you are hard headed. I am not going to argue with you.

CBJ has already won in many areas since arriving and I hate it for you not seeing it.

CDT has won with previous teams on the court and he will soon do the same here.

Hey, no matter what happens we always have the option in 3-4 years to fire them and get new coaches.

If they are bringing energy to the University and working like heck towards winning programs why take the negative point of view. It would be nice to have some stability.

Negativity breeds Negativity so why not let it go for a while and wait to see.

Buzz Paterson was also MJs roomie, but that basketball prowess didn't rub off.

I am still going to go with the two guys from Michigan as being winners.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Been watching Sportscenter for 40 minutes an no mention of Us hiring Tyndall, even on the ticker at the bottom. Does ESPN still hate us or has the contract not been inked?

Been watching Sportscenter for 40 minutes an no mention of Us hiring Tyndall, even on the ticker at the bottom. Does ESPN still hate us or has the contract not been inked?

There was a short segment on the front page of the website, but it was near the bottom and didn't last long. I could hazard a guess as to why, but I'd just be beating a dead horse

I like the way that his family wanted him to take the UT job and he called UT a destination job during his press conference.

Listening to the presser I couldn't believe how much he sounded like Butch. If he started talking about eye discipline I'd have freaked.

Blue collar guy who loves to work hard. I think like Butch, he will be hard not to like.

VN Store

Back