First Impressions of Coach Donnie Tyndall

Does anybody know if Nicodemus will be with the program still? And in terms of the thread, I thought it was a good presser and I'm excited to see what his teams produce!

Someone posted he is expected to go to Cal.
I think a VN poster said his fiance covers Cal sports for a living.

Liked the part where apparently he recruits side by side against Calipari.

Liked the part where we compared himself to Roy Williams.

I'm sure his Jazzy will work wonders on the recruiting trail.

Does anybody know if Nicodemus will be with the program still? And in terms of the thread, I thought it was a good presser and I'm excited to see what his teams produce!

Nicodemus is at Cal.

I thought about watching the Southern Miss press conference. But I don't like remakes in movies because I always compare them to the original. So I wanted today to be something new that I hadn't heard rehashed. That being said. I'm sure all coaches have a guideline they go by.

Going forward I want to get behind this guy and our team 100%. I want to see other teams calling time out after 8-0 and 10-0 runs because our press reeks havoc. But more than anything I want the crowd to become the sixth man. The blue hairs on down to the no teeth need to be rocking when the team gets on a run.

He talked about his offense using a lot of screens so the guards can make plays. Referring to the Kansas style. Quick question isn't that what Kentucky does? Anyone know?

All together I think I came away very impressed with what he had to say. Especially what he said about the new recruits.

GO VOLS!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
He can recruit Hollywood.

339811.1020.A.jpg

I thought the entire presser was a little unprofessional. Hart needs to quit making jokes. CDT is not going to be who we want from a public communication perspective right away. He will have to grow into that role. Believe it or not, CCM was really good at being professional in these type situations and his demeanor was one of the things i really liked about him. I hope CDT allows himself to be himself and doesn't try to be anything other than that. However, Hart really needs to quit making jokes. It's a sign of being uncomfortable and makes him look unprepared.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought the entire presser was a little unprofessional. Hart needs to quit making jokes. CDT is not going to be who we want from a public communication perspective right away. He will have to grow into that role. Believe it or not, CCM was really good at being professional in these type situations and his demeanor was one of the things i really liked about him. I hope CDT allows himself to be himself and doesn't try to be anything other than that. However, Hart really needs to quit making jokes. It's a sign of being uncomfortable and makes him look unprepared.

I think he is doing just that

Reactions: 2 people

:unsure:

I like to think if a man feels comfortable cracking a few jokes, he is very comfortable in the situation. I think the presser was fine. It was welcoming a new basketball hire. Basketball should be fun. A little less uptight is not a bad thing at all IMO.

Reactions: 7 people

So, was your hair always blue or did you have to color it that way?

Tyndall was as straightforward as it gets today. And Hart wasn't bad himself.

Reactions: 7 people
I thought about watching the Southern Miss press conference. But I don't like remakes in movies because I always compare them to the original. So I wanted today to be something new that I hadn't heard rehashed. That being said. I'm sure all coaches have a guideline they go by.

Going forward I want to get behind this guy and our team 100%. I want to see other teams calling time out after 8-0 and 10-0 runs because our press reeks havoc. But more than anything I want the crowd to become the sixth man. The blue hairs on down to the no teeth need to be rocking when the team gets on a run.

He talked about his offense using a lot of screens so the guards can make plays. Referring to the Kansas style. Quick question isn't that what Kentucky does? Anyone know?

All together I think I came away very impressed with what he had to say. Especially what he said about the new recruits.

GO VOLS!!!!

Self and Tyndall run your typical hi-lo motion offense. Calipari runs the dribble-drive motion offense.

I think it would be something to endear to the fans is if he'd shoot a YouTube video where he walks into his office and Butch Jones, Holly Warlick, and Dave Serrano are all sitting in there and they've come to have an intervention with him on how he pronounces "Vols".

And this definitely wouldn't happen but add a scene where Bob Kesling walks in and Butch says "No...you get out!"

That would actually be very funny to see :eek:lol: Be a lighthearted way of kicking things off.

VN Store

Back