First Impressions of Coach Donnie Tyndall

I respect your opinion. I have no personal or second hand accounts of Harts treatment of people. I just like the thought of an ex-athlete having a major say so in our hires. And also love that he isn't willing to go out an overpay an unproven just for the sake of filling the open position. It might hurt initial recruiting, but the financial damage of overpaying could be felt for years to come.

Would I love it if we had offered Marshall or Shaka the Moon, an arm and two legs? Absolutely. But that was never gonna happen. IMO

I agree with everything here. There's just no need to act like the financials didn't play a part. We all know they did. Hart doesn't give the fan base enough credit for knowing how things work over there. Of course the university administrators have basically been thumbing their nose at the general public for years so why should they be any different now? Like I said, I think he's done a great job hiring coaches and in other aspects. I like Tyndall and think he's a great fit - maybe even perfect.

It just dawned on me that I can take my TV off the Closed Captioning setting during UT's basketball show again.

Sorry Zo fans, but truth is truth.

Reactions: 5 people
Looks like the kind of charismatic firebrand who can flourish at UT under the right circumstances. As long as he can bring in the right recruits, I think he's got a good chance of challenging John and Billy and becoming a thorn in the side of Stallings. I feel much better about his prospects than I ever did about Cuonzo's.

It just dawned on me that I can take my TV off the Closed Captioning setting during UT's basketball show again.

Sorry Zo fans, but truth is truth.

I'm sure you can understand Cletus and Bubba Joe though.

Give it up. Move on. We have a new coach.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sure you can understand Cletus and Bubba Joe though.

Give it up. Move on. We have a new coach.

Sure, I understand you fine.

btw, 90% of my posts are kidding around. So if your skin isn't thick enough to read them either ignore or move to Berkeley.

Reactions: 1 person
If his defense looks anything close to Louisville's, then I'm 100% behind this hire.

Most important thing I noticed is we hired a coach and wasn't turned down again by someone from a mid major school

Like I posted in another thread, I think he represented himself well during the press conference. Obviously, that is no indication of whether or not he can be successful here.

One thing though, and I'm nitpicking here, but I watched his introductory press conference from two years ago at Southern Miss and he gave mostly the exact same speech. That's to be expected though, I suppose.

I'm going to nitpick you. Give us the list of different things he might have said given the extremely limited things any coach in any sport with less than a day on the job might be able to say at an introductory.

He's a LOOSER who can't win the BIG ONE! Fire him AND Hart AND Cheek AND the GOVERNOR!

No. You are. Why didn't you include yourself in the list of those to be done away with. I'll bet I could find at least 36 thousand of your former loser friends to sign a petition to send you on your way.

So me questioning if a coach who went 5-7 is going to be a winner here means I'm not a fan?

Not at all, It is because you only look at one thing and not the bigger picture.

He was a proven winner before he got here and your play on words is cute.

This discussion best be settled in the football forum anyway.

All I was asking is why do you make an effort to go negative.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back