everybody seems

volstuff37641

to have settled down about this team 121.I'm not seeing a lot of enthuisam as in past years. not hardley any up dates on practices.a few by fingers,but no body else. no post about how great certain players are or gonna be. about how we are gonna win the east,sec.
has everybody taken a wait and see attitude?:thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
I guess I'm cautiously optimistic. Yes, I believe there is talent on the UT team to win more than they lose. Yes, I think there are some breakout players we've yet to see and others who will build upon their resumes. I also think the coaches have made nice 2nd half adjustments for the most part.

But, I need to see real game prep, 1st set of downs precision, effective 1st half-scheming, and player/talent development (ie. "...he was a WR...but wow, has he improved at FS..." type stuff) before I'm overly optimistic.

Pre-season smiles have turned into mid-season frowns way too many times to be hugely optimistic.

Reactions: 3 people
This year I am cautiously optimistic. Honestly, last year I was reluctantly pessimistic. I thought the expectations were too high and possibly a hindrance to the teams mentality from the get go.

Reactions: 2 people
to have settled down about this team 121.I'm not seeing a lot of enthuisam as in past years. not hardley any up dates on practices.a few by fingers,but no body else. no post about how great certain players are or gonna be. about how we are gonna win the east,sec.

I think there are so many aspects of this team that we have not yet been able to eyeball. OL should be deeper, yet there are 2 redshirt guys and 2 EE guys we've not even got to see yet. We should be getting good QB play this season ... but we don't know for sure who. Most of our RB depth is either not here, or we haven't seen latest version of guys like CFA, as we have not seen latest version of guys in other positions like Bituli, Taylor, Picou, etc., though we've heard good things. We've heard good things bout the new faces amongst the coaches, but don't know for sure our DBs will play differently. I know I am in a wait and see mode, but a smiling hopeful version of that. :hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I really don't know how anyone could be excited with Butch as our coach any longer. He's failed miserably in the past and nothing I've seen leads me to believe he can make it happen. Sorry not sorry

Reactions: 5 people
I guess I'm cautiously optimistic. Yes, I believe there is talent on the UT team to win more than they lose. Yes, I think there are some breakout players we've yet to see and others who will build upon their resumes. I also think the coaches have made nice 2nd half adjustments for the most part.

But, I need to see real game prep, 1st set of downs precision, effective 1st half-scheming, and player/talent development (ie. "...he was a WR...but wow, has he improved at FS..." type stuff) before I'm overly optimistic.

Pre-season smiles have turned into mid-season frowns way too many times to be hugely optimistic.

:good!:

I really don't know how anyone could be excited with Butch as our coach any longer. He's failed miserably in the past and nothing I've seen leads me to believe he can make it happen. Sorry not sorry

He gets a bit of a pass last season due to all the injuries. He needs to have a good season this year whatever that means. Unfortunately he's in a league where good may never be good enough.

"Failed miserably" is too strong. He is a slightly above average coach with slightly above average results. Nothing more.

Reactions: 8 people
Witch Doctor really excited about the same 10-12 fans on a sports board that only represents probably .5% of the fan base ( really much much lower than that) whom think they speak for the Whole/REAL Volnation. When 10-12 of that .5% speaks...everyone should listen!
lol

BNL
(not being mean, its factual, The fan base isCalling for his head? silly no 10-12 "fans" on a sports site that represents .5% and show their sports "knowledge" ( really silly)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Some folks will always be optimistic.

Some folks will always be pessimistic.

Most base future predictions on past performance, thus the wariness about getting excited about what CBJ has in store for us in 2017.

History has taught us that Tennessee doesn't do well with high expectations. I want every media outlet to trash us and pick us last in the east. Then maybe that will motivate our players and coaches to work that much harder. Doubt is a good motivator.

Reactions: 2 people

think more than anything...we want the "real" season to start...:)....:thumbsup:

GBO!

Clemson should of canned dabo a couple of years ago right?

Nah. He was 36-18 after his first 4 full years as head coach, with a couple of top 20 finishes. Overcame a rough second year with two straight 10+ win seasons prior to the last 4 seasons where he's been phenomenal.

Besides, a "couple years ago" he was coming off a 4-year stretch of 42 wins, 11 losses.

You proposing that Butch is about to go on a similar run?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

I agree. We have more questions about players, positions, and coaches than last year. I like Jones personally but after losing to S. Carolina and Vandy last year I really doubt he can do the job at UT. A bigger problem is if Jones is fired the new ad Currie, a clone of Mike Hamilton, will be involved in the hiring process. Absolutely no way that works out well. I hope I am wrong but I believe it will be a long season on the hill this year.

VN Store

Back