everybody seems

Clemson should of canned dabo a couple of years ago right?

Clemson
Year OA Conf
2009 9–5 6–2
2010 6–7 4–4
2011 10–4 6–2
2012 11–2 7–1
2013 11–2 7–1
2014 10–3 6–2
2015 14–1 8–0
2016 14–1 7–1

No one outside of some idiots on twitter wanted Swinney fired after his second year as HBC, but please tell me how those numbers above are anything like CBJ's at UT?

Reactions: 3 people
to have settled down about this team 121.I'm not seeing a lot of enthuisam as in past years. not hardley any up dates on practices.a few by fingers,but no body else. no post about how great certain players are or gonna be. about how we are gonna win the east,sec.
has everybody taken a wait and see attitude?:thumbsup:

Nobody knows really what to expect this team could go anywhere from 6 and 6 to 9 and 3 with the past 2 seasons everybody is expecting the worst myself i think another 8 and 4 and a victory over a little 10 team in the BOWL, take it finish strong in recruiting and move on to 18, i think we will be a 7 to 9 win team over the next 3 years just enough wins for coach to keep his job but it will affect the recruiting because the talk will be coach is on the hot seat and the big time recruits will go somewhere else after this year the NEW AD needs to come out and support coach JONES or move on to his coach because the way it is now we are losing elite recruits to other SEC SCHOOL AND WE CANT COMPETE for SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS LIKE THAT either come out and back him big time or get rid of him or we will have a lot of 8 and 4 seasons.:lolabove:

Reactions: 1 person
to have settled down about this team 121.I'm not seeing a lot of enthuisam as in past years. not hardley any up dates on practices.a few by fingers,but no body else. no post about how great certain players are or gonna be. about how we are gonna win the east,sec.
Too many injuries to the faith

I agree. We have more questions about players, positions, and coaches than last year. I like Jones personally but after losing to S. Carolina and Vandy last year I really doubt he can do the job at UT. A bigger problem is if Jones is fired the new ad Currie, a clone of Mike Hamilton, will be involved in the hiring process. Absolutely no way that works out well. I hope I am wrong but I believe it will be a long season on the hill this year.

Look you can't lose to SC and Vandy at the end of the season and expect the fan base to back you think about it up 21-7 in the second quarter and all you got to do is hold on and beat Vandy and you are on your way to the SUGAR BOWL that cant happen at TENNESSEE AND EXPECT THE FAN BASE TO BACK YOU. PS I BEEN A FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFING FAN NOW FOR 49 years i don't expect much but i do expect to beat Vandy with a Sugar Bowl birth on the line, look i like coach but now in the last 2 years blow 10 plus point leads against Oklahoma AND the Gators in 15 and follow that up with a choke job to Vandy thats keeps you out of the Sugar Bowl even coach Jones is smart enough to know he can't keep his job if anymore melt downs or choke jobs.:rock:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Look you can't lose to SC and Vandy at the end of the season and expect the fan base to back you think about it up 21-7 in the second quarter and all you got to do is hold on and beat Vandy and you are on your way to the SUGAR BOWL that cant happen at TENNESSEE AND EXPECT THE FAN BASE TO BACK YOU.

Gets it. 6-6 vandy and sc knocks you out of ATL and suger bowl. Draws criticism every time at big programs

I have had and have noticed (amongst my fellow TN fans) little interest this year. No one expects much from Butch. Dead man walking. It's also the SEC as a whole- it's been boring. Saban is so much better than everyone else. And Florida limps in the title game to get destroyed because TN & GA lay eggs. Everyone who's not a bama fan is ready for a change

Reactions: 2 people
This season is like many others, 8 games most fans expect the win, 4 games we all know will be a dog fight, of a toss up, at best.

The excitement is there but it's April and we have no chance of winning any games till September.

So hang in there Vol fans before you know it our Vols will be in Atlanta putting an Ole Fashion Beat Down on GT.

Still waiting to see if Butch has what it takes to outcoach an opponent when his team is out-talented. I want him to succeed, but I need to see it.

History has taught us that Tennessee doesn't do well with high expectations. I want every media outlet to trash us and pick us last in the east. Then maybe that will motivate our players and coaches to work that much harder. Doubt is a good motivator.

High expectations, low expectations...it hasn't really mattered, has it?

Either that, or fewer people are reading the clickbait this time around.

"Failed miserably" is too strong. He is a slightly above average coach with slightly above average results. Nothing more.

You are correct. People on this board seem to overreact a lot. 9-4 is not failed miserably by any means. 9-4 is above average. Acceptable at TN for long term ? No , but its not 'failed miserably' by any measure.

If Butch failed miserably, then so did everyone else in SEC apart from Bama. Rest of the SEC was basically filled with above average teams who beat each other ...

You are correct. People on this board seem to overreact a lot. 9-4 is not failed miserably by any means. 9-4 is above average. Acceptable at TN for long term ? No , but its not 'failed miserably' by any measure.

If Butch failed miserably, then so did everyone else in SEC apart from Bama. Rest of the SEC was basically filled with above average teams who beat each other ...

I think to describe the results of the SC and Vandy games as "failed miserably" is accurate. Those two games did wreck our aspirations for the season, but being 5-0 heading to Texas and the way it happened was special.

121 needs to build off what 120 did.

Why would you be overly optimistic? Last years team was more talented across the board, with more upper classmen at key positions, QB, RB's, DB's and a DE, and we laid an egg at 9-4, to honestly say that your are more optimistic about this years team than last years team is dumb and unfounded. We will have several growing pains with new faces at our key positions, 8-4 would be a very good record with this unit. Anything above that would be overachieving in my book.

I get we beat UGA and UF, but you can't lose to Vandy and SC, you cannot do that.

Given I've been a UT fan for as long as I can remember, I expect to win every game. However, this last decade as a fan has been pretty difficult, so I'm trying my best to sit back and wait for out chance to be at the top again.

Yes. I absolutely want to believe the talent is on the roster but, last season burned bad when we came out flat against virtually everybody. The players don't need any hype. They lived it first hand how detrimental it can be if the bar is set on the moon.
I check the same resources for information every day that I did last year but, it's more wait and see now.

I think it's the byproduct of a season that didn't live up to expectations and the reality that team 121 is overall a less talented, less battle-tested team than 120. Of course, circumstances are not the same but it actually reminds me of the attitude a lot of fans had going into the 98 season after Peyton left. Not saying it's going to yield similar results but that is the closest thing I can compare it to. Expectations are definitely tempered after losing Dobbs, Barnett, Kamara, Vereen, Sutton, JRM, and Smith.

Last edited:
Scrimages are totally closed with little to no info coming out except what Butch filters. So, how excited can you get about routes on air.

Many think Jones is a dead man walking/lame duck coach this year. I guess we'll see...The SC & Vandy losses last year still leave a bad taste in most fans' mouths.

He gets a bit of a pass last season due to all the injuries. He needs to have a good season this year whatever that means. Unfortunately he's in a league where good may never be good enough.

Not sure many folks are giving him a pass--- SC and Vandy he straight Sh$& the bed.

VN Store

Back