ESPN the lost Network

So we're ranting about people having different opinions, and you're telling them what they should be talking about; which btw the flaw in your arugment is ignoring things IS taking a stance.

I think some of you need to be honest about what's bothering you; it's not that you're mad they are having opinions and presenting them, it's you don't like said opinons and you want them to shut up.

Posting failures.

So what candidates are they pushing? What political debate are they supporting? All I see is a health pandemic and worry about minority lives, neither of which is political unless you fall under the "obsessed with politics, so everything is political" umbrella. If you think everything is politically based, then you will see politics everywhere.

That's on you to separate health and lives from political divisions. Many of us see unity and support, not division. But if everything is "us vs them" tribalism, then that is the lens you will see through.
Good lord. Were you literally holding the pot and kettle while typing this out?

Reactions: VolAllen
I disagree.. I watch a game for the game, not the the commentary on opinions not related to the game itself. There are plenty of other outlets available to go to for that. Call and talk about the game in hand, save the opinions for the blogs, columns and Twitter.

You should understand you are responding to a leftist that likes the ESPN agenda.

Reactions: VolAllen
Why do I care what a play by play man and a JV color commentator with no particular expertise has to say about anything other than the game on the field in front of them? Everybody is entitled to an opinion, but there's a time and place for everything and that's where ESPN is missing the boat.

Agreed. ESPN can dedicate a show to this debate and if viewers want to watch then so be it but to hijack live sports with biased social agendas at every turn is wrong.

Sure. They openly embrace the cynical criticism of critical theory on a daily basis (examples include proclaiming its racist to hire Steve Nash, racist for the cowboys to sign a white backup QB, racism preventing any black qb who is a free agent from being signed). Critical theory is directly from the Frankfort school and a part of the “Long March Through the Institutions”. A long march that is blatantly evident to anyone who has watched ESPN lately or read statements recently from the APA. The President of the American Psychological Association just released a statement claiming capitalism and white supremacy are the disease in America.

ESPN seems to intentionally seek out anchors who take part in the disingenuous cynicism of critical theory.

On top of that they openly embrace a radical Marxist organization in BLM (if you read their website they use the term comrade multiple times and even openly refer to themselves as “trained Marxists”)

And what is wrong with Marxists thoughts and ideas?

Come on, guy. You act like this started recently. It did not. ESPN has been in the political activism game for a while now. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

They like to move the goal posts. If people like that had the power the field would be 50 yards long when they're on offense. Then it would go back to regular length for the other team.

Reactions: AM64 and CA_Vol
They are mostly fake too. They get Woke every 4 years around election time. They want you to vote for the leftist Democrat. That is their only agenda. They don't say a word during the Obama administration even as people of color struggled from the same causes they want to blame on the current POTUS that they are attempting to openly sabotage.

What do you think the right does? Did you turn on Fox News during the Obama administration? They get everyone riled up saying the left is going to take their freedoms away.
My point is the left and the right are no angels and they have the same goal with different ideas. Get the wealthy richer. None of them care about you and your family.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
What do you think the right does? Did you turn on Fox News during the Obama administration? They get everyone riled up saying the left is going to take their freedoms away.
My point is the left and the right are no angels and they have the same goal with different ideas. Get the wealthy richer. None of them care about you and your family.

The right wasn't mixing sports and politics. The left infiltrates every component of society.

This is partially true. We can choose not to watch and effect the provider, but it isn't free market capitalism. When a entity can become the sole provider of a product or service through decades of contract monopolizing, free market no longer exists.

FOX and NBC also televise college football

The right wasn't mixing sports and politics. The left infiltrates every component of society.

BS. Colin Kap's protest created the right, nationalistic outrage.

The right has literally done as much infiltration as the left if not more. It's kind of comedic genius on their part to deny as such when they are holding office.

BUT.......

You all mean to tell me you were not moved by Herbie shedding tears????

Took me a second to remember who that was, but I am glad to hear he was crying. Did OSU lose to another SEC team that I missed or was this a virtue signaling thing from another uber rich person?

Reactions: AM64

The right has literally done as much infiltration as the left if not more. It's kind of comedic genius on their part to deny as such when they are holding office.

I'm not going to try to convince you. You can believe night is day as far as I'm concerned.

For you to post Kaepernick started a protest by taking a knee during the national anthem and wearing pig socks to represent the police. Then turn around and say it bothered the right and they added politics is rich.

Dude was fighting to be the lead face of an NFL franchise. It's possible that he knew he was on the outs so he just decided to become a distraction instead and didn't give a damn.

I'm not even sure the guy was even motivated to play. Now that he has capitalized on his SJW movement he definitely is not motivated.

My question is exactly what is the guy doing with his platform? Please tell us all.

Yep both sides suck which is why I am an independent......I agree that so my SJW crap in sports..... sports are suppose to be a break from the grind not adding to the stress.

Reactions: dcm3w
Took me a second to remember who that was, but I am glad to hear he was crying. Did OSU lose to another SEC team that I missed or was this a virtue signaling thing from another uber rich person?
Herbie Kirkstreet is one of ESPN's SJW.
Crying because our country is so terrible and full of racists.
Totes the east coast liberal's tiny jockstrap.

You're wrong. We can escape it. It's called the off button. Like I said in another post. The NFL was playing to empty stadiums before covid hit and it was because no-one cares what millionaire pampered prima donnas think about politics.

29 of the 32 NFL teams sold out every game last season and TV ratings, after a slight dip in 2018, went back to near record levels last year.

I'm not going to try to convince you. You can believe night is day as far as I'm concerned.

For you to post Kaepernick started a protest by taking a knee during the national anthem and wearing pig socks to represent the police. Then turn around and say it bothered the right and they added politics is rich.

Dude was fighting to be the lead face of an NFL franchise. It's possible that he knew he was on the outs so he just decided to become a distraction instead and didn't give a damn.

I'm not even sure the guy was even motivated to play. Now that he has capitalized on his SJW movement he definitely is not motivated.

My question is exactly what is the guy doing with his platform? Please tell us all.
Platform?
I thought he was praying for another year in the NFL.

Come on, guy. You act like this started recently. It did not. ESPN has been in the political activism game for a while now. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

Well, again, when athletes are speaking out, is the network that covers athletes supposed to ignore it?

Of course it’s not new, athletes have been using their platform for social activism since the 1960s. And since the 1960s, people have said they’re going to stop watching because of it. Yet, here we are.

And what is wrong with Marxists thoughts and ideas?

Well, you did get "Marxists" and "wrong" in the same sentence so maybe some partial credit. Apparently you've never visited a Marxist paradise like Cuba, or you forget that eventually every Marxist paradise collapses because it doesn't work, but there sure was plenty of Marxist misery while they tried. Marxist governments are always totalitarian - right in line with the best of the fascist world - if the left didn't hold claim to definitions, you could actually claim that Marxist governments are fascist.

My father in law asked me just the other day if football had started yet or when it was supposed to. I didn’t have any answers. To me, that’s my sign that I already don’t care anymore. I can say this honestly, I don’t give a damn if they (meaning the Vols or any of them) ever play again. If it weren’t for the Stocks thread in the Pub Forum, I doubt I’d still be here at all.
I was talking to my neighbor this week as his friends pulled up for their fantasy draft. I said when does the season start? He just kind of looked at me, then said I don’t really know. He yelled at one of the guys asking when the season started. Thursday? Three of them in a league with an engraved trophy and no one was really sure. I thought well everyone seems really amped up for this lol.

Well, again, when athletes are speaking out, is the network that covers athletes supposed to ignore it?

Of course it’s not new, athletes have been using their platform for social activism since the 1960s. And since the 1960s, people have said they’re going to stop watching because of it. Yet, here we are.
i Grew up in the sixties and watch sports on TV and went to Vol Games. At that time players played the sport because they loved the sport not to express their views on the field or court. Where did you take your history classes? You are wrong so stop showing your ignorance.

VN Store

Back