ESPN the lost Network

Aww look at all the snowflakes melting. For a bunch who complain about others crying you all sure are whining like little kids over ESPN and what they choose to produce. Don't like it don't watch.
This is a vicious cycle. If you don’t like the comments don’t read. And around we go...

Reactions: VolAllen
Aww look at all the snowflakes melting. For a bunch who complain about others crying you all sure are whining like little kids over ESPN and what they choose to produce. Don't like it don't watch.
I don’t unless the Vols are playing. It’s as simple as this ..... it’s ESPN .... Entertainment and Sports Programming Network....not we discuss politics and other BS. You can’t get away from politics anywhere these days.

So they're courting a broke generation who doesn't attend the events and is known for cord cutting versus one has money to spend amd does go to events? Part of the get woke and go broke business plan?

This happens a lot these days. I don't understand it. Look how many large companies pledged hundreds of millions to black causes after George Floyd. Many of these companies demographics don't align with black customers. What's their agenda? Virtue Signalling?

This happens a lot these days. I don't understand it. Look how many large companies pledged hundreds of millions to black causes after George Floyd. Many of these companies demographics don't align with black customers. What's their agenda? Virtue Signalling?
We love you, please don't have a "mostly peaceful" protest at our store.

Marketing, public relations, human resources..

Look at the people going into these fields and what they are up to on college campuses before they get hired. There you will find your answer.

I think it goes a little deeper also. Giant corporations would be the first to go in some sort of class war uprising. Where were all these corporations during Occupy Wallstreet?

This is a class war with a thin disguise as being about race, sex, sexual orientation, etc etc. The celebrities, politicians, corporations, etc believe they can have their cake and eat it to. They can keep their elite status, and also be on the right side of the "revolution".

Obviously you don't have to look very far to see how these people are treating their woke mayors and city counselors and realize that plan isn't going to work.

They have been hijacked by far left antifa/BLM types. They are pretty much CNN with a sprinkle of sports mixed in. I have made this comparison before, when MTV only played music they were great then they wanted to get into producing stupid 30 minute shows, when ESPN talked or showed only sports around the clock they were great but then they wanted to be woke social justice warriors.

Happened to BET as well.

This is similar to the Kaep thing to me. I don’t agree with Kaep kneeling during the anthem. I do agree he had every right to do so. I also agree that the NFL owners had every right to say they want no part of Kaep. In this instance, I don’t agree with some of the messages being stated on ESPN and other shows. They can say them all they like though and I get to choose whether or not it bothers me enough to stop watching.

Compare Colin Kaepernick. To Pat Tillman. As a matter of fact there is no comparison and that is why I couldn't put those two names in the same sentence. It's an embarrassment what people in this country have become. Kaepernick couldn't hold the American hero's jock. The American hero would've knocked Kaepernick into the middle of next week.

Me and my brother tried to watch college football this past Saturday and all they were talking about was Covid and the racial division in this country. That's it. They were talking about these things non-stop in every segment. I'm all about free speech and I generally agree that athletes and media personalities have a right to have opinions, but dam.... Can we please focus more on the sports? That is what ESPN is supposed to be about.

You guys really overestimate how much people care if you don’t continue to watch sports. For example, sports video games manufacturers have been alienating their group of fans for over a decade now, simply aiming to attract the younger generations into a world dedicated to ultimate team and micro transactions, leading the old generation who enjoyed career mode to lose interest completely. People have been boycotting madden, fifa, etc for years now, but these companies are still doing more than fine. People can boycott sports as long as they want, but espn or any other network isn’t stupid for choosing to focus on retaining their younger liberal demographic than an older conservative audience.

Dude we're talking about video games. If it was working for ESPN then their ratings would be skyrocketing.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Or it's proof you're just kinda butthurt that they are having and promoting opinions you don't agree with. I don't believe for a second those of you bellyaching about this would be saying a damn word if they were pushing opinions you agreed with, you'd be the ones talking about how it's their right to say what they are saying.

All this is about what it's always been about, the perspective you're looking at it from.
Smdh, you are one of the NPCs. Actually, most people turn on sports to - plot twist - watch sports. We don't care to hear Lebum talk about how oppressed he is.

Reactions: BreatheUT

Well I think said companies look real stupid right now after that impulse reaction. Floyd has turned out to be a druggie and a criminal. It doesn't excuse what the officer did but there are better causes to attach your name to. How many of these companies will be struggling to keep the lights on at the time of these commitments? New group of lobbyists running the Leftist Party.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Me and my brother tried to watch college football this past Saturday and all they were talking about was Covid and the racial division in this country. That's it. They were talking about these things non-stop in every segment. I'm all about free speech and I generally agree that athletes and media personalities have a right to have opinions, but dam.... Can we please focus more on the sports? That is what ESPN is supposed to be about.
The Derby announcer had to get his statement in about My Old Kentucky Home after it was played. These idiots can never get it that one reason we watch sports is to ignore reality for a few hours

Let ESPN get it out of their system for the first few (quality, but ultimately meaningless) weeks of the season. Come September 26th, when the SEC kicks off and you start seeing some meatier ACC/Big XII conference tilts, there will be a lot less discussion about both BLM and COVID-19.

Let ESPN get it out of their system for the first few (quality, but ultimately meaningless) weeks of the season. Come September 26th, when the SEC kicks off and you start seeing some meatier ACC/Big XII conference tilts, there will be a lot less discussion about both BLM and COVID-19.
I doubt that very seriously, they’re going to take every opportunity to shove this blm crap down everybody’s throat

Reactions: oz615
Tell me more, Uncle Q...
Nah, I don’t partake in right wing conspiracy......Here are just a few examples that I can think of off the top of my head:
* Biden and Kamala setting up bail for protestors( rioters)
* Chris Palmar(NBA Journalist) tweets out Burn that sh&t down to a pic of minnesota on fire
——-a few days later tweets out get these animals out of here when the protestors(rioters) start breaking into his gated community
* CNN doing a report claiming mostly peaceful protests as behind the reporter Minnesota looks to be burning to the ground
* CNN did a report two days ago claiming fiery but mostly peaceful protests
* mayor of Seattle allowing.rioters take over a few blocks naming it Chaz..... she only put a stop to it when they marched towards her house.
* mayor of Portland and other areas of well making cops stand down and allowing rioters to do whatever they want to do.

I could go on all day with some more obvious support and a ton of neglectful support for these rioters and looters.

Nah, I don’t partake in right wing conspiracy......Here are just a few examples that I can think of off the top of my head:
* Biden and Kamala setting up bail for protestors( rioters)
* Chris Palmar(NBA Journalist) tweets out Burn that sh&t down to a pic of minnesota on fire
——-a few days later tweets out get these animals out of here when the protestors(rioters) start breaking into his gated community
* CNN doing a report claiming mostly peaceful protests as behind the reporter Minnesota looks to be burning to the ground
* CNN did a report two days ago claiming fiery but mostly peaceful protests
* mayor of Seattle allowing.rioters take over a few blocks naming it Chaz..... she only put a stop to it when they marched towards her house.
* mayor of Portland and other areas of well making cops stand down and allowing rioters to do whatever they want to do.

I could go on all day with some more obvious support and a ton of neglectful support for these rioters and looters.
He or she doesn’t understand how that relates to any of his or her posts so you’re wasting your time.

I hope you're right about this.

Well I think said companies look real stupid right now after that impulse reaction. Floyd has turned out to be a druggie and a criminal. It doesn't excuse what the officer did but there are better causes to attach your name to. How many of these companies will be struggling to keep the lights on at the time of these commitments? New group of lobbyists running the Leftist Party.

You don't hear Floyd's name mentioned nearly as much as it used to. They've switched to Breonna Taylor as the face of the movement.

This is a vicious cycle. If you don’t like the comments don’t read. And around we go...

I love the comments. They are hilarious.
What companies demographics don't align with black people? What companies do you think don't have or shouldn't cater to black customers? I guess you don't know minorities have 3.9 trillion in buying power.

Blackmail, we’ll attack your business, not we won’t buy your stuff

You don't hear Floyd's name mentioned nearly as much as it used to. They've switched to Breonna Taylor as the face of the movement.
All it took was the police cam footage to come out and poof....maybe he wasn’t so innocent after all 🥴

Reactions: Wireless1
Of course the problem with Brennan is that they were shooting at what they couldn’t see so you really can’t make it racist....only justification for banning no knock

I love the comments. They are hilarious.

What companies demographics don't align with black people? What companies do you think don't have or shouldn't cater to black customers? I guess you don't know minorities have 3.9 trillion in buying power.

Boca I agree with K-town. I know this is rare but clarification unless it is a misstatement.

So what candidates are they pushing? What political debate are they supporting? All I see is a health pandemic and worry about minority lives, neither of which is political unless you fall under the "obsessed with politics, so everything is political" umbrella. If you think everything is politically based, then you will see politics everywhere.

That's on you to separate health and lives from political divisions. Many of us see unity and support, not division. But if everything is "us vs them" tribalism, then that is the lens you will see through.
Until BLM grows up enough to form their own 501c3 and quits using ActBlue then they're a Partisan Democratic organization.

ActBlue skims 4%(and redistributes that to the Dem party) of all donations and obfuscates calls for BLM's financial transparency.

If BLM doesn't want to be about political division they need to file their own 501c3. It's ridiculous to think an organisation 4-6 years old, that has grown to their size, doesn't have the infrastructure to handle their own finances.

I'd respect ESPN more if they wore Vote-Blue BIDEN/HARRIS hats and admitted they were pushing a political agenda.

VN Store

Back