Empty Neyland Movement (#uncluttervolnation)

Administration has been an embarrassment and making fools of the fans for yrs. Possible reaping time

Poor decisions have been made. Poor coaches have been hired. ADs have changed frequently. Yes, It's been a mess.

But avoiding a game you would otherwise go to because you want to make some statement about a decision that has surely already been made solves nothing in my opinion.

And stunts like this is why our fanbase has an image problem.

Reactions: 1 person
Are you saying if we don’t have good administrators and good coaches that’s why we have fair weather fans? If so is that acceptable?

Yes. Fairweather administration + fairweather coaching= fairweather fans.

Championship competing administration + championship competing coaches =

Now I understand no championship every yr but the way they have steered us....we arent competing

Call me crazy or stupid but in my opinion that’s what is considered to be a fair weather fan. I wanna win and get just as mad as anyone but to me it looks bad on the whole fan base. Honest question but why are we ( Tennessee ) entitled to be so good? Does no other school care about football like we do? Is it because we’ve been so dominant in the past? Or because we have 102,455 seats in our stadium? I think if we could all step back and look at how outsiders look at us we would see we all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats

I've been spoiled by past teams. I've been spoiled by past players. I've been spoiled by past coaches.

Just because I'm spoiled doesn't mean I shouldn't expect NCs.

I want Pat Summitt 2.0.

The cancer should have already been taking out. But the administration wants the suffering to go on.

You act like firing him makes this team suddenly better and we win out lol. Does keeping him 3/4 more weeks have any affect on 2018? The answer is no....

Seeing Curries comments tonight. I think there is a chance Butch could be back in 2018!

#EmptyNeyland

You were never going in the first place. You haven't gone in 16 years. You aren't apart this terrible movement

Oh and you're wrong

Yes. Fairweather administration + fairweather coaching= fairweather fans.

Championship competing administration + championship competing coaches =

Now I understand no championship every yr but the way they have steered us....we arent competing
To me you’re either a fan or you’re not. You’re for me or against me. I don’t know you ( seem like a smart guy ) but if they announce you as our head football coach tomorrow I’m still gonna be a fan! And I’ll do my job as a fan and support you. What I can’t tolerate is lack of effort. If we was getting blown out week in and week out and you could tell no one was trying then I would be furious. Again I’m not saying I’m not on the fire Butch train I just think we are killing our image by the way we are acting

Poor decisions have been made. Poor coaches have been hired. ADs have changed frequently. Yes, It's been a mess.

But avoiding a game you would otherwise go to because you want to make some statement about a decision that has surely already been made solves nothing in my opinion.

And stunts like this is why our fanbase has an image problem.

The administration is keeping the fans in the dark and obviously recruits to. It's been handled poorly by PR standpoint. And basically ppl are tired of butch still on sideline.

The program being ran like a mid major is the biggest embarrassment. Fans view things differently

And we wondered how could 100 loyal Vandy fans go watch that garbage back in the day. Made fun of them. Im not loyal to a mediocre administration or coach. The fans that do go this wkend and spend $.....all of it should go to the players and not to the administration. They don't deserve a penny from the fans

I've never gone to a game that was about a coach or AD. It was all about UT football. A win is what makes a trip special. Now thing special about a loss. I put effort in forgetting them.

I think football players should get annuities $50,000 for each year they attend and pass classes on scholarship.

I've been spoiled by past teams. I've been spoiled by past players. I've been spoiled by past coaches.

Just because I'm spoiled doesn't mean I shouldn't expect NCs.

I want Pat Summitt 2.0.
But should we be spoiled? I think we’ve had great past teams. But I think our team now has that potential. I think we’ve had great players but I think we have great players now. I think we’ve had some great coaches but I think we have...ok maybe not great but we we are getting what we’re paying for now. Honestly it’s been so long (98) since we was relevant I don’t know that we have the right to act spoiled

Seeing Curries comments tonight. I think there is a chance Butch could be back in 2018!

#EmptyNeyland

Shoop says you're stupid if you don't know what's going on.

I don't know what's going to happen either. I'm just uninformed.

That's better than stupid?

Last edited:
To me you’re either a fan or you’re not. You’re for me or against me. I don’t know you ( seem like a smart guy ) but if they announce you as our head football coach tomorrow I’m still gonna be a fan! And I’ll do my job as a fan and support you. What I can’t tolerate is lack of effort. If we was getting blown out week in and week out and you could tell no one was trying then I would be furious. Again I’m not saying I’m not on the fire Butch train I just think we are killing our image by the way we are acting

Im a Vol fan since the Andy Kelly days but I can also take off my orange glasses and call a spade a spade. I want the very best for this program. What I've seen in the last decade or so is the administration running this place like it has no value. You know their are ppl that follow a NFL team that hopes they lose so they can have the #1 pick. One thing I've learned and will practice moving forward.....is I will never put loyalty into a coach over the program. God even rebukes those he loves. I see this as rebuke

I've never gone to a game that was about a coach or AD. It was all about UT football. A win is what makes a trip special. Now thing special about a loss. I put effort in forgetting them.

I think football players should get annuities $50,000 for each year they attend and pass classes on scholarship.

Yea well ppl are fed up with the leadership and CBJ. Rightfully so. Been bad for a long time.

Im a Vol fan since the Andy Kelly days but I can also take off my orange glasses and call a spade a spade. I want the very best for this program. What I've seen in the last decade or so is the administration running this place like it has no value. You know their are ppl that follow a NFL team that hopes they lose so they can have the #1 pick. One thing I've learned and will practice moving forward.....is I will never put loyalty into a coach over the program. God even rebukes those he loves. I see this as rebuke
Agree 100%. Loyalty to the program is supporting the program. Boycotting the games...how is that being loyal?

But should we be spoiled? I think we’ve had great past teams. But I think our team now has that potential. I think we’ve had great players but I think we have great players now. I think we’ve had some great coaches but I think we have...ok maybe not great but we we are getting what we’re paying for now. Honestly it’s been so long (98) since we was relevant I don’t know that we have the right to act spoiled

Going unscored upon will do that.

Going undefeated will do that as well.

Going into every game expecting a routine win. Well, maybe a couple to three toss ups, but the rest gimmies.

Going to a bowl game was a given.

I didn't want Ky or Vandy on our schedule because they are so bad. Now I want them on there so we can beat them 30 straight tines.

2001 we were in the picture.

There have been so many thrilling victories. Here lately there have more agonizing defeats.

Yea well ppl are fed up with the leadership and CBJ. Rightfully so. Been bad for a long time.

My problem is that I think we can win out. The talent is there. The players need to figure this out. Unless they transfer most will be Vols next year. It's not too late for most of them to win us a NC.

They need to play better. They all seem to be good people. I trust the players to keep giving all.

Go Vols!

My problem is that I think we can win out. The talent is there. The players need to figure this out. Unless they transfer most will be Vols next year. It's not too late for most of them to win us a NC.

They need to play better. They all seem to be good people. I trust the players to keep giving all.

Go Vols!

The players have quit this season. Sure they give effort on Saturdays during the game, but games are won and lost during the off season and in practice and film study. The players didn’t push themselves this off season and it shows. The players aren’t studying film and it shows. The players aren’t making gains in the weight room and it shows. There are a handful of players on this team that have the heart of a champion, the rest are just going through the motions.

The players have quit this season. Sure they give effort on Saturdays during the game, but games are won and lost during the off season and in practice and film study. The players didn’t push themselves this off season and it shows. The players aren’t studying film and it shows. The players aren’t making gains in the weight room and it shows. There are a handful of players on this team that have the heart of a champion, the rest are just going through the motions.
☝️ Now this is funny!

College football is like any other televised sport - entertainment. Sports networks, conferences, the Power 5 schools, and the fans spend and receive lots of $$$ for this entertainment. Therefore, it is big business where an investment is made with an expected return. To me, the return is far more than just loyalty and support to your alma mater whether it be vocal and/or financial. Perhaps that was sufficient prior to the mid and late 90s when the sport became more than just going to a bowl game as a vacation and a reward. Now you have a national playoff. There will be a top 4 announced tonight with weekly updates as big games are played with fans of those teams (currently in the playoff or just outside) making their cases for inclusion into the ultimate prize. Sadly, Tennessee has not been a part of this discussion since 2001 when it still was a 2 team BCS. This year, our team is fighting to make a minor bowl (heard Birmingham). Cade Mays, a lifetime Vol fan and a 5* recruit who has been committed to UT for two years, has recently said when interviewed about changes in his twitter account, "I want to compete for championships". Does anyone really believe UT will win a national, SEC, or even a SEC east title in the next four years if massive changes in coaching aren't made? Short of making playoffs, the greatest entertainment for me as a Vol fan is winning games - not just wins against bottom feeders in the SEC, but wins against its historical rivals Alabama and more recently Georgia and Florida. Jones' record against these teams in this 5 years is well documented as abysmal. Losing these games equals no entertainment. Losing badly to these teams lead to fan apathy. In my opinion, that's where the majority of Vol fans are. If massive changes are made that bring UT back to relevance (i.e. winning these big games), then apathy will leave as quickly as it came. UT fans are the best in the land. They love the Vols. Bad teams will divide even the best fans. To me that's where we are at this moment in time.

:gun:

Butch Jones STOLE checkered Neyland from the fans. Let's give him the fans vote on him.

Us as fans have a vote. I hope, hope, hope this has been enough for Currie. But let's show no doubt.

There is a #emptyneyland going. Fans get behind this leave no doubt on what we will tolerate.
We all are screaming to fire Butch, fire Currie.

It's simple join empty Neyland movement if Butch remains head coach through tomorrow midday.

This will force the change that is needed. And the fans only vote.

Burn tickets on social media. Tag in Currie,Jones,and sports media outlets.

We all support the players. Let's help them remove the man (Butch Jones) that is hurting their development and causing them losses.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! ANYONE that takes part in this is NOT a true VOL! When I go to the game, I am there to cheer for MY team, for MY university. This is just embarrassing. We are having a tough enough year as it is, now you DA's are just giving the media and opposing universities more ammo.
It's a sad day to be a Vol. Not because of our team and university, but because of our fanbase.
I agree totally that change has to be made, but not going to the games and trying to make a "movement" out of it is only letting down the KIDS on the field.
All I ask is think before you speak/ react.

Flame away. GBO!!!! :rock:

Reactions: 2 people
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! ANYONE that takes part in this is NOT a true VOL! When I go to the game, I am there to cheer for MY team, for MY university. This is just embarrassing. We are having a tough enough year as it is, now you DA's are just giving the media and opposing universities more ammo.
It's a sad day to be a Vol. Not because of our team and university, but because of our fanbase.
I agree totally that change has to be made, but not going to the games and trying to make a "movement" out of it is only letting down the KIDS on the field.

I disagree 100%. We as fans pay our hard earned money to watch and cheer on our team. They do not pay us. As die hard Vol fans, all we ask is to put the best product on the field as possible and make changes when that is not the case. This BJ coddling has been one of the biggest dumpster fire's I have ever witnessed as a fan. I hate the Gators as much as everyone else on here but how is it that they lose to 3 decent teams (LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia) and fire their coach and we lose to 3 awful teams (Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky) to go along with Alabama and Georgia and our coach comes out to say "Nothing has changed" in regards to support from our AD. How as a fan is this ok when it is OUR money we are spending week in and week out. We are the ones working 40 or more hours a week just for the opportunity to watch this fire. If the Tennessee Admin does not want to make a change, the only way to force a change it to stop showing up so it hits their pockets.

For those that say it hurts the student athletes, I call BS because what really hurts them is playing for a coach that is actually unable to get them better and not qualified for the job they signed up for. Neyland has been pretty much full for every game this year and it sure didn't change the outcome against South Carolina or Georgia. It wont be the end of the world to put 30,000 in the seats this Saturday to send a message that change needs to be done and it needs to be done now!

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not going to another home game as long as he's the coach. I went to both Alabama and to Lexington tonight but nothing at home. If you do go, u suggest wearing back to the game if he's not fired.

I don't think anyone will miss you. I suggest you stay away form all sports events, be it college, high school, or professional. With your attitude, you would be more accepted at the little league level. Be sure and take home the participation trophy for your little son, or some other family member.

They are only fans of their own ultra ego. Let them rot in their rocking chair while most of us support our University and Athletic Program. We don't need scum to attend any sporting events anywhere.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok so the people that think empty Neyland are dumb and we need to go support the PLAYERS

Based on the "HOPE" that Butch Jones is already fired and so it don't matter new coach next year.
Even though he cannot win and get the PLAYERS to a bowl game.

So you as someone coming in here telling fans we should go cheer for the kids it's about them....

BUT YOU DON'T CARE IF THE PLAYERS WIN?
(Something the players care about extremely)

Call the movement fans non fans that's ok. But realize what your saying in regards to your only defense in the players.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back