Doug Mathews comments on Juwan Mitchell

He's over 18. He's not a kid. People make mistakes, yes. But I'm tired of the "kid" justification of 18-22 year olds who make poor choices. If they screw up, pay the consequences and move on. Just like we do in the adult world.
No kidding. Again I’ll trust Heupel to run his team. Not worried about playing message board disciplinarian.

At least Matthews played SEC football and
He still knows what's going on in Knoxville more than most anyone.
I am not sure that is accurate. At least Matthews played SEC football and coached a number of years at Tennessee. Hubbs puts up good talk, but he is is far from being in the know about what is going on The Hill. I have known Doug for a number of years is he usually knows what is going on.

Reactions: gnm53108 and knox73
At least Matthews played SEC football and

I am not sure that is accurate. At least Matthews played SEC football and coached a number of years at Tennessee. Hubbs puts up good talk, but he is is far from being in the know about what is going on The Hill. I have known Doug for a number of years is he usually knows what is going on.
No
Mathews knows more than most

Doug does a great job with UT sports. His Saturday show with Tony Barnhart and Charles Davis is always interesting evaluating SEC football. He generally avoids calling out individual players but today he questioned Burrell's ability to keep his starting position. Doug was a terrific running back at Vanderbilt and a high quality coach and his show avoids the sensational aspects of regular media. It definitely is a very solid football show with his observations. I missed the discussion on Mitchell as I sometimes am multitasking while his show is on.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Doug does a great job with UT sports. His Saturday show with Tony Barnhart and Charles Davis is always interesting evaluating SEC football. He generally avoids calling out individual players but today he questioned Burrell's ability to keep his starting position. Doug was a terrific running back at Vanderbilt and a high quality coach and his show avoids the sensational aspects of regular media. It definitely is a very solid football show with his observations. I missed the discussion on Mitchell as I sometimes am multitasking while his show is on.
He's not very relevant right now... and that's the only thing someone in sports journalism has to sell.

No earthly idea what's going on with Mitchell. However, Matthews doesn't seem to be the one Heupel whispers things to. Frankly that seems to be AP more than anyone... though maybe not all that much to him. The people Matthews used to access for info in the AD have been turned over.

So... we will know where JM stands when we see/don't see him on the field or in the two deep. It could be just as plain as it seems to be. Or... it could be something like Evans last year.

Said he’s not injured and may be out a few games. What’s wrong with this guy? I wouldn’t be surprised if he and Calloway transferred within the next few days. Hope I’m wrong
Calloway has a chance to get some serious playing time here.

I thought the thing with Matthews is that his sources are zero since Fulmer left and he's totally whiffed on everything since.

I am guessing it actually is injury related.
For those of you who enjoy dissing Doug, you might at least spell his name correctly: Mathews. That's one 't'. :rolleyes:

Doug is a first class Pro at his job. I wish we had a couple more so we don't have to listen to the rest of the hacks.

Doug seems like a very nice man, but I don’t think he really has any insider info to bring.. was Fulmer’s friend

I don’t know the details of his shoulder injury, but I’ve had two torn rotator cuffs, one torn off the bone and the other torn in half, and operations to repair them. You never really come back 100%, but are for the most part pain free. They also take a long time to heal and rehab back from. Of course, I’m not a young man like Juwan, but I would say it’s just precautionary because of the opponent.
I gave you a “like” for getting his first name right.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
That seriously chaps your a$$? How many time when typing on an iPhone or any other phone can you misspell something? Bet your a joy to live with.
Chaps? Hardly. Just a footnote for those who get off throwing shade & not bother to get the name right. There's many out there y'know.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back