Doug Mathews comments on Juwan Mitchell

So…yeah! 😅 And one of the mensa’s who whined about him moving from RB. I won’t use your strawman technique and call you “confused”. I think you know what you’re TRYING to do. Those who disagree with you on Banks know what they’re talking about. You don’t pile up over 100 tackles through osmosis…just stop.

This is impressive. You accuse me of whining about him moving from rb and claiming he’d never make a play after being brought back, and then pretend you’re above strawman arguments.

And to state that you’re confusing stats and production isn’t a strawman at all. For example Burrell had a lot of tackles Thursday, but it wasn’t because he played well. It was because he was a liability and the other team went at him.

This is impressive. You accuse me of whining about him moving from rb and claiming he’d never make a play after being brought back, and then pretend you’re above strawman arguments.

And to state that you’re confusing stats and production isn’t a strawman at all. For example Burrell had a lot of tackles Thursday, but it wasn’t because he played well. It was because he was a liability and the other team went at him.
“Maybe you just don’t know football…unlike me.” That better? It’s not an ACCUSATION, I remember our interactions in both cases. Maybe you’re above the butthurtedness that was the end result of being on the wrong end of those calls…don’t care. I didn’t reach my opinion that he’s a valid talent haphazardly…took some thought. Throwing Burrell in is some subterfuge. They played at different levels last season.

“Maybe you just don’t know football…unlike me.” That better? It’s not an ACCUSATION, I remember our interactions in both cases. Maybe you’re above the butthurtedness that was the end result of being on the wrong end of those calls…don’t care. I didn’t reach my opinion that he’s a valid talent haphazardly…took some thought. Throwing Burrell in is some subterfuge. They played at different levels last season.

If I stated those things, quote me.....until then you're just making things up.

And no one is saying you do or do not know football, just that I doubt you've taken the time to actually replay games and watch Banks specifically.

If I stated those things, quote me.....until then you're just making things up.

And no one is saying you do or do not know football, just that I doubt you've taken the time to actually replay games and watch Banks specifically.
Not going that far back…it’s not that important.

I doubt you’ve isolated his plays and broke them down with any authority. This is hot air. I think he ends up in the NFL. You think he should lose his scholarship. We’re never going to bridge this gap. 😴

Not going that far back…it’s not that important.

I doubt you’ve isolated his plays and broke them down with any authority. This is hot air. I think he ends up in the NFL. You think he should lose his scholarship. We’re never going to bridge this gap. 😴

So to be clear you've not broke down his play and are just going off stats? Seems I was right to begin with.

Also you're going to just make up nonsense about me and then claim it's not worth going back that far?

Pathetic.

So to be clear you've not broke down his play and are just going off stats? Seems I was right to begin with.

Also you're going to just make up nonsense about me and then claim it's not worth going back that far?

Pathetic.
How was that “clear”? Strawman again…hot air inflated version.

Not made up not nonsense.

Yes you are.

Reactions: feathersax
How was that “clear”? Strawman again…hot air inflated version.

Not made up not nonsense.

Yes you are.

I didn't say anything was clear, I said "so to be clear", meaning I'm asking you a question to "clarify". One that you still ignored. So let's try again

Have you taken the time to break down his play or are you just going off of stats?

As to the other nonsense (that I was upset he was moved from RB and later claimed when reinstated he would never make another play)

He was reinstated in August of 2020 and here are the comments you will find from me containing the word "Banks" around that time. You'll find me asking if was a sophomore, stating we should keep him at ILB (not rb), I called him great against the run (I disagree with that now), that he should be athletic enough for coverage, and that's about it.

So to recap that's a total of 0 posts were I claimed he should play RB or that he would "never make a play again".

1662428634248.png
1662428832238.png
1662428465182.png
1662428960601.png
1662429119261.png

Gracious!!!! This has been argued ad nauseum. It's clear which side of the argument that our coaching staff is on.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Amazing to me how little information leaks out of the building about some of these issues. On the one hand my enquiring mind wants to know, on the other hand, I think it speaks well for the team that coaches and players know how to keep things within the family.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I didn't say anything was clear, I said "so to be clear", meaning I'm asking you a question to "clarify". One that you still ignored. So let's try again

Have you taken the time to break down his play or are you just going off of stats?

As to the other nonsense (that I was upset he was moved from RB and later claimed when reinstated he would never make another play)

He was reinstated in August of 2020 and here are the comments you will find from me containing the word "Banks" around that time. You'll find me asking if was a sophomore, stating we should keep him at ILB (not rb), I called him great against the run (I disagree with that now), that he should be athletic enough for coverage, and that's about it.

So to recap that's a total of 0 posts were I claimed he should play RB or that he would "never make a play again".

View attachment 487152
View attachment 487153
View attachment 487151
View attachment 487154
View attachment 487156
Now do the same showing how you broke down his play…sounds intrinsic. Or it’s bloviated bs. Trying to search your posts, I caught your forays in the political forum. This is bound for an endless circle. You’ll be selling your infallible film study and no one will be buying. I was wrong about your previous position on him. You’re wrong in declaring me misinformed. Don’t change your opinion cuz I ain’t.

Reactions: feathersax
“Juwan’s ability to be able to be healthy enough to play for us, we’ll find out here at the end of the week,” Heupel said during Monday’s press conference.

Weird way to explain an injury; sounds more like ability for an attitude adjustment to me and making him no promises and has to earn to play

“Juwan’s ability to be able to be healthy enough to play for us, we’ll find out here at the end of the week,” Heupel said during Monday’s press conference.

kind of sounds like a devas situation but I am grasping at straws here

VN Store

Back