Doug Mathews comments on Juwan Mitchell

Kids make mistakes, I’ll leave the discipline to Heupel. He’s showed he doesn’t mind cutting bait if the kid is a problem.
He's over 18. He's not a kid. People make mistakes, yes. But I'm tired of the "kid" justification of 18-22 year olds who make poor choices. If they screw up, pay the consequences and move on. Just like we do in the adult world.

Matthews had never been the most reliable source of info. Take everything he says with a grain of salt
And he’s one of the few named Matthews that spells it Mathews with only one t.

Last edited:
DM has carried more water for every head coach at UTK not named Kiffin than any other human on earth. He talks to people up there, including CJH. That said, it could be that Juan has a medical issue that is not caused by a football injury. Doug did not say it isn't medical, only that it isn't injury related.

Said he’s not injured and may be out a few games. What’s wrong with this guy? I wouldn’t be surprised if he and Calloway transferred within the next few days. Hope I’m wrong

in these cases, my guess would be its a discipline issue or a eligibility issue... If not an injury those 2 are about the only other possibilities I could think of.

This guy really wanted to go pro after last year - he transferred to Tennesse to play one year and head to the NFL. That's his dream and it was his plan. But he got hurt and after evaluating his draft stock, figured it was better to come back for a final season. I'm not surprised he didn't play against Ball State - he wants to play in some real games, make some big time plays to get noticed, and then head to the NFL. I'm not worried that he sat out a tune up game- he definitely doesn't want to get injured again.

I HOPE HE IS A HUMAN HIGHLIGHT FILM IN EVERY GAME HE PLAYS IN FOR US AND THEN GOES HIGH IN THE NFL DRAFT.

Former Vol assistant coach, Vandy player, Fulmer best friend.
owns radio stations.
has sports radio shows on weekends.
spells his name with one t.
coachdougmathews.com

Owns radio stations?

I don’t know the details of his shoulder injury, but I’ve had two torn rotator cuffs, one torn off the bone and the other torn in half, and operations to repair them. You never really come back 100%, but are for the most part pain free. They also take a long time to heal and rehab back from. Of course, I’m not a young man like Juwan, but I would say it’s just precautionary because of the opponent.

He’s getting as bad as basilio.
He still acting like he's got connections? Still stuffing his pie hole on the air? Talk about professionalism. Guy is on the air for what...2-3 hours? Can you not eat before or after? Hell, last I remember there's more commercial time than his actual air time. Stuff your mouth during commercials.

Why do you guys jump to these random ass smokin door and not following rules conclusions? He’s not the only kid that was held out of the game. Did they not stop testing for weed this year? Or maybe that was the NFL. But for real,…. Why the heck throw that out there?

VN Store

Back