Dormady Looks To Be The Best Man for the QB Job

We've all seen this play out before. Both are talented, but Dormady has had enough time that the game has slowed down for him a bit. Still doubt he's going to go 10/10 against Bama, UGA and/or UF. Much different speed than our little O/W game scripted scrimmage. JG, while a RS, still has yet to have that happen. I'm glad we have both. Given the fragile nature of our team and propensity for injuries, I suspect both will be needed. I expect Dormady to tear an ACL getting up from the breakfast table any day now.

We've all seen this play out before. Both are talented, but Dormady has had enough time that the game has slowed down for him a bit. Still doubt he's going to go 10/10 against Bama, UGA and/or UF. Much different speed than our little O/W game scripted scrimmage. JG, while a RS, still has yet to have that happen. I'm glad we have both. Given the fragile nature of our team and propensity for injuries, I suspect both will be needed. I expect Dormady to tear an ACL getting up from the breakfast table any day now.

And JG didn't finish his last two high school seasons. So maybe he should ease in slowly.

Reactions: 1 person
After reading all these threads during the game and after, I concluded that Dormady must be head and shoulders above JG. Then I watched the actual video. JG looked very good too, 4-5, rocket arm, excellent movement. I don't think this race is over. The good news is, whoever wins, we're going to have a very good QB.

Reactions: 2 people
After reading all these threads during the game and after, I concluded that Dormady must be head and shoulders above JG. Then I watched the actual video. JG looked very good too, 4-5, rocket arm, excellent movement. I don't think this race is over. The good news is, whoever wins, we're going to have a very good QB.

That's the thing, Dormady was a little better and should be, given his seniority with the system.
The reaction was a direct result of "if Jones doesn't start JG, he should be fired immediately" and "you can just see how much better JG is than QD from these 1 minute highlight videos. Dormady doesn't have a chance".

JG has a ton of talent, what you witnessed was people fed up with the collective VN loudmouths constantly making their absolute decrees when it's obvious they are f.o.s.

Oh, and 10/10 is good even for route running practice and really good for even light scrimmage.

Reactions: 9 people
QD will be the starter. In the 12' OW game did another QB throw 10 for 10 or close to perfect? You are.

He probably will be. But trust me, going 10 for 10 in a scripted practice with no QB contact will not be the reason.

It will be for sure. But this happens for literally every qb who's ever played the game.....every qb has yards after the catch by his receivers factored into his yards per attempt. Bottom line is, 12 yards per attempt is off the charts good, and his performance yesterday shouldn't be minimalized like the guy I responded to tried to do. QD was very accurate yesterday on a variety of throws, including a couple of deep routes to the Wolf brothers, one of which was a beautifully/perfectly thrown 19 yard touchdown.

I agree with you %100 I didn't know what the poster you were commenting too was saying about him.

That's the thing, Dormady was a little better and should be, given his seniority with the system.
The reaction was a direct result of "if Jones doesn't start JG, he should be fired immediately" and "you can just see how much better JG is than QD from these 1 minute highlight videos. Dormady doesn't have a chance".

JG has a ton of talent, what you witnessed was people fed up with the collective VN loudmouths constantly making their absolute decrees when it's obvious they are f.o.s.

Oh, and 10/10 is good even for route running practice and really good for even light scrimmage.

You forgot "demeanor". Were you taking notes on DEMEANOR, Charge? :hmm:

Reactions: 3 people
I think Dormady has the job starting the season. I expect JG to get some playing time but Dormady seems to be the man this coming season.

CFA just hasn't flattered me in any of his playing action. Just seems so slow before finally finding a hole 2 seconds too late.

More experience will help. When he gets past concentrating on assignments his natural talent will take over. I see a bright future if he can avoid injury. He looks like he has put on some strength. By fall he may be there.

The QB job has always been QD's to lose. JG didn't have the best game yesterday, but the format didn't allow him to extend plays and show his elusiveness. He could have escaped from some of the "sacks" and made a play. The coaches will let the competition go on as long as they can, but it will be surprising if QD doesn't start against GT. Seniority, strength and experience are big advantages.

You mean like, who is demeanor person, Butchna or SJT?" That kind of demeanor? :)

You're backards as hell!

I+ain+t+inbred+you+are+there+fella+besides+_5c49a3bfaffba8d89e5511088c601c44.gif

I don't think anyone can make any true opinions about either player yesterday. Dormady had a great day, didn't miss a pass. JG had a good day too, didn't throw as many passes, and only missed one. Neither could show elusiveness, neither had a full first team D to go against, not to mention some major players out on offense. The Spring game has never been a good indicator of anything except maybe fan support. I think we will be set with solid QB play for the next foreseeable future, and that excites me. Hard to win without solid QB play.

I don't think anyone can make any true opinions about either player yesterday. Dormady had a great day, didn't miss a pass. JG had a good day too, didn't throw as many passes, and only missed one. Neither could show elusiveness, neither had a full first team D to go against, not to mention some major players out on offense. The Spring game has never been a good indicator of anything except maybe fan support. I think we will be set with solid QB play for the next foreseeable future, and that excites me. Hard to win without solid QB play.

Agree in large part. The one thing that jumped off the screen to me, other than QD's accuracy, was how much longer JG held the ball in the pocket. QD was much quicker, much more decisive delivering the ball imo.

the one throw QD made in the 2nd qtr, where he dropped back, stepped up in the pocket to avoid outside pressure, then rolled to his right, and threw a dart while in stride...that was a helluva throw.

JG didn't look bad or anything, but there were a couple throws that Dormady made that got a "whoa" out of me. agree with KB...he looked crisper.

don't know that i'd say the competition is over or anything, but i don't think it's a stretch to say who's probably leading right now...good day all in all for both, but QD did really well for what he was asked to do.

I'm officially eating crow. At first, I didn't think Dormady could succeed in this type of offense but I think he has enough mobility to escape from pressure and the arm to get the ball to our WRs. I know it's just a spring game but you can tell he looks comfortable throwing the ball. JG is talented as well but Dormady definitely looks like the better QB and has been in the system longer. I would not be surprised if Jones names him the starter soon.

The only negative part about this is if JG will stick it out or decides to transfer? I'm not sure if he's willing to ride the bench behind Dormady? Either way, I just want the best players on the field to win us games. Go Vols!

QD has waited been supportive and now looks like the next UT starting QB. I like JG but he must do the same now as QD has done for 3 yrs.

Yesterday put a stamp on who is the starter no questions ask.

:)

Tennesseeduke

I'll have to wait on highlights from Dormandy before I can determine if Dormady looks to be the best option.

QD has waited been supportive and now looks like the next UT starting QB. I like JG but he must do the same now as QD has done for 3 yrs.

Yesterday put a stamp on who is the starter no questions ask.

:)

Tennesseeduke

QD did it for :victory:

VN Store

Back