Dormady Looks To Be The Best Man for the QB Job

I have never bought into the hype concerning Dormady, but today in this simulation he looked better. But knowing you are not going to get hit has to factor in. Plus if JG was going to showboat on the hail Mary at least get it far enough in the end zone. Frankly I didn't see anything today that gets me excited except Trey Smith. He is going to be a monster. Damn glad we got him.

Reactions: 4 people
Don't get to high or low on a spring game i remember Bray went like 3 for 21 in a spring game both looked pretty good but Dormady is ahead of JG right now looks like we got 2 decent QB's going in to fall camp they will push each other to get better nice problem to have.

The Oline seemed solid it pass blocking. If you can't pass block, the QB has to be fleet of foot, just to avoid injury. If we can pass block, that changes everything.

I hope out Oline is that good rather than our Dline being not that good.

Vanilla D vs Vanilla O

Let the Hype begin. 121 been working. They looked like they knew what they are doing.

They are Starvin' like Marvin.

We are coming for you bama.

Reactions: 1 person
When JG took off running, it look like he had some great speed on the outside though. I thought both did well out there today.

I feel like Butch is most likely looking for a reason to give the job to Dormady because I think he trusts him the most. That being said, the "no QB contact" rule really hampers JG in this type setting. Dormady looked really good, better than Guarantano overall, but the format benefitted him more as well.

Yeah. They're just cheating JG... right? Come on....

Dormady played better. The rule didn't hamper anyone. QD played better. He may not be the starter by the time September comes around. The spring game isn't the sum of what the coaches see. But he played better and certainly didn't hurt himself.

Reactions: 4 people
I have never bought into the hype concerning Dormady, but today in this simulation he looked better. But knowing you are not going to get hit has to factor in. Plus if JG was going to showboat on the hail Mary at least get it far enough in the end zone. Frankly I didn't see anything today that gets me excited except Trey Smith. He is going to be a monster. Damn glad we got him.

What Dormady hype? Lol what are you talking about? JG was declared the starter by most of VN as soon as the spring began.
"Better fit for the offense" or whatever.

Reactions: 3 people
Some of you need to get past the inferiority complex. I'm rough on Jones. But the fact that good QB's like QD and JG have to develop and wait their turns... is the NORM at healthy, top tier programs.

Reactions: 5 people
Yeah. They're just cheating JG... right? Come on....

Dormady played better. The rule didn't hamper anyone. QD played better. He may not be the starter by the time September comes around. The spring game isn't the sum of what the coaches see. But he played better and certainly didn't hurt himself.

Good lord man. I explicitly said Dormady played better. No question. I enjoyed watching him and have been pulling for him to win the job.

Where did I ever say JG was being cheated? I would think it's pretty obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes that taking the running game away from the QBs hurts JG more than Dormady. Saying that isn't meant to disparage Dormady, it's just a fact. And vice-versa, if they had said the QBs couldn't throw the ball and could only run, Dormady would have been at a disadvantage.

QD outplayed JG today, but as you said, the results of a neutered spring game isn't going to be the deciding factor in the QB competition.

QD has looked the best each scrimmage in being completely in control. JG has had his moments as well in the first scrimmage which had the most healthy bodies playing. JG has been pressing and that is his problem. When he continues to learn and calm his emotions down he is going to be very good. We have two guys that can lead this team this year.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm officially eating crow. At first, I didn't think Dormady could succeed in this type of offense but I think he has enough mobility to escape from pressure and the arm to get the ball to our WRs. I know it's just a spring game but you can tell he looks comfortable throwing the ball. JG is talented as well but Dormady definitely looks like the better QB and has been in the system longer. I would not be surprised if Jones names him the starter soon.

The only negative part about this is if JG will stick it out or decides to transfer? I'm not sure if he's willing to ride the bench behind Dormady? Either way, I just want the best players on the field to win us games. Go Vols!

Few questions. Was JG playing with 2nd string O against 1st team D? And QD 1st team O against 2nd string D?

Remember when Bray sucked in the spring game?

VN Store

Back