Does Pruitt’s grammar matter at all to you?

I think it is a big reason he stayed a coordinator for so long. Public speaking is a huge part of his job and he hasn't seemed to put much effort into cleaning/polishing it up. I think it will limit his success as a HC. Remember the old Canon/Andre Agassi commercial... "image is everything." No doubt, some recruits are probably also put off by it and cross a Pruitt coached UT program off of their list. Now, he can work on it and improve...so we shall see...much like this team's on field performance.

It is an easy fix.
Just a few hours with an English tutor.
The word “done” is his biggest problem. He should never use that word.

My feeling is that it matters more at 0-2 than 2-0.
I will say, as someone with family members who were teachers, that it does bother me.
To claim to be an institution of higher learning, you’d think we could get him an English tutor.
But being honest, if he upsets Florida and gets us to a bowl game, I won’t care how he “done” it.
Or “seen” it. 😂😂

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I will say, as someone with family members who were teachers, that it does bother me.
To claim to be an institution of higher learning, you’d think we could get him an English tutor.
But being honest, if he upsets Florida and gets us to a bowl game, I won’t care how he “done” it.
What the! Who are you to criticize anyone about anything? Its friggen football, we didn't hire him as a English teacher ......I am amazed at the topics you people can conjure up 🥴🥴🥴🥴

Reactions: SweetDaddy
Grammar no, but the fact that he had never heard of asparagus was a huge red flag for me. Means he is afraid to try new things like a backup quarterback. Also pissed about the cornbread over biscuit answer. Who in there right mind would rather have cornbread over a biscuit?

Me! I love cornbread, turnip greens and pinto beans!
But for breakfast, a biscuit is sometimes preferable.

uhhh, it don't, uhhh, really, uhhh, bother me so to speak but, uhhh, sometimes you know uhhhh, it gets uhhh, a little old to uhhhhh, hear him say uhhhhh so much.

i dont think he has got used to being the centerpiece of the university yet but uhhhhh, his eyebrows bother me more honestly. lol

GO VOLS

You have absolutely got to be a virgin.

That's a good example. He appears reasonable articulate most occasions, which makes me think the cornbread routine is an affectation for 'us good old boys.' If that's the case, it's contemptible. It should be absent from an accomplished adult with a public profile, or even less.

After enduring Butch's word salad diction for 5 years, Pruitt sounds like the great communicator by comparison lol

I'm just saying it's obvious from his manner of speaking that he has 20-30 iq points on Butch lol

How someone speaks always matters but I don't think it necessarily signals success. People with bad grammar can still be good communicators and vice versa. Derek Dooley was probably the most articulate man that's ever held the job, and we know how that turned out.
Agree. It does matter. By the way, two millionaires (self made) I knew personally never finished middle school.

He cain't hep it. He is from Rainsville, Alabama! Yew Betcha!!!!!!

Accent and grammar are two different things, and I'm not clear about which of those most people in this thread are talking about. I love a Southern accent, even one from Alabama. But the awful grammar does make me cringe, especially when it comes from somebody representing my alma mater, players and coaches included.

I loved both of my grammers, may they rest in peace..

If it really bothers you that much you can enter the NCAA Fan Portal and transfer to a different school where the HBC speaks good grammar that suits your little fancy. Aright!

VN Store

Back