Does Pruitt’s grammar matter at all to you?

Grammar no, but the fact that he had never heard of asparagus was a huge red flag for me. Means he is afraid to try new things like a backup quarterback. Also pissed about the cornbread over biscuit answer. Who in there right mind would rather have cornbread over a biscuit?

My feeling is that it matters more at 0-2 than 2-0.
I will say, as someone with family members who were teachers, that it does bother me.
To claim to be an institution of higher learning, you’d think we could get him an English tutor.
But being honest, if he upsets Florida and gets us to a bowl game, I won’t care how he “done” it.
Ifgaf if he only spoken Spanish with a smidgen of French on occasion. If he can coach this team to win im happy with him.
On the other hand idgaf if he enunciates every word perfectly but continues to coach the way he has..im not so happy with him.

Grammar no, but the fact that he had never heard of asparagus was a huge red flag for me. Means he is afraid to try new things like a backup quarterback. Also pissed about the cornbread over biscuit answer. Who in there right mind would rather have cornbread over a biscuit?
It depends on who makes the cornbread and who makes the biscuits.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
He was hired to win ballgames not teach English class. Could care less if dude used sign language and never spoke again if he can win

Reactions: yotebuster
I cringed when listening to Butch talk, because he was such a used car salesman.

I'm all for Jeremy. I like him and want him to succeed here. But, I cringe when I hear Jeremy talk, because, a lot of times, he just sounds dumb. I feel embarrassed for him. I feel so bad for him that I refuse to listen to him say anything. I don't watch his show. I won't listen to Vol calls. I won't watch his press conferences. I just read what the sportswriters report.

But, in football it just doesn't matter. If you win, it DOES NOT matter. As long as a coach communicates well with his players...and they win, it doesn't matter.

Again, the low bar stance.

He has a degree and we're not asking him to do calculus 3. To expect a grown man to speak better than a 7 year old is not the equivalent of grammar police.

The part in the bold is asinine.

I suppose I am responding more to the Internet grammar police in general, moreso than about critiquing our coach. However, as some have said, if he wins I don't think many people are going to care how he talks.

Yeah, I had teachers who criticized me much like many people who treated me like I was some simpleton for my accent up here in Virginia. Lol I make 3 times the average teacher’s salary and laugh every time I hear a teacher complain about their pay.

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl
My feeling is that it matters more at 0-2 than 2-0.
I will say, as someone with family members who were teachers, that it does bother me.
To claim to be an institution of higher learning, you’d think we could get him an English tutor.
But being honest, if he upsets Florida and gets us to a bowl game, I won’t care how he “done” it.

No. This is not a grammar test , it’s football.

Reactions: yotebuster
Who cares?! Just win and teach football dynamics! Snowflakes on this board and in this country in general are getting ridiculous...he’s a football coach not teaching English or media 1!

Someone needs to teach him how to speak without saying "Uh" every 4 or 5 words...That drives me a little nuts.

I think it is a big reason he stayed a coordinator for so long. Public speaking is a huge part of his job and he hasn't seemed to put much effort into cleaning/polishing it up. I think it will limit his success as a HC. Remember the old Canon/Andre Agassi commercial... "image is everything." No doubt, some recruits are probably also put off by it and cross a Pruitt coached UT program off of their list. Now, he can work on it and improve...so we shall see...much like this team's on field performance.

Reactions: Vfl2407
Yeah, I had teachers who criticized me much like many people who treated me like I was some simpleton for my accent up here in Virginia. Lol I make 3 times the average teacher’s salary and laugh every time I hear a teacher complain about their pay.
Very true! I try to speak correctly. My husband has retained his country vernacular and makes way more money than I do. Skills matter more than grammar I suppose. I still value well spoken English, but my husband will certainly tell me to get over it. 😂

I think he’d sort of smart like Les Miles. But not book smart. Quote from CLM

When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book

I know this might lose me my southern card, but I don’t like cornbread.
I do love biscuits smeared in butter and jelly or sausage gravy.

Reactions: Lane Train 4

VN Store

Back