Does Pruitt’s grammar matter at all to you?

Have you ever spent time in Alabama....outside B'ham? Especially around Ft. Payne, AL.....That's the way they talk, that's the way their parents grew up talking.

It amazes me how people come down on traditional Southern dialect. Yet, we hear dialect from foreign countries, AOC, and her Pac, but noone seems to have a problem with that.
If you don't like the way Pruitt talks stick your F'n fingers in your ears or don't listen at all. :mad:

I have actually. I was born and raised in the south, but was taught proper English, not some “traditional Southern dialect.” That must be your definition of poor English. If you enjoy sounding ignorant, have at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SandyO
by the way, thank you for your service. Your sacrifice and that of many others make it possible for us Vol fans to agree to disagree on some topics.
Thanks man, a lot of good folks on here, even if we disagree and talk different.

When it comes to grammar, the way I talk by morgan wallen is my theme song.....lol

I have actually. I was born and raised in the south, but was taught proper English, not some “traditional Southern dialect.” That must be your definition of poor English. If you enjoy sounding ignorant, have at it. And kindly **** off
See what I mean, grammer nazis are the absolute worst.

Oh, you didnt bother me but, just kinda pointing out the obvious....but hey id it makes you feel better....im seeking therapy to learn how to handle your post.

It obviously did, as you commented on my post to someone else, along with your posts about your ex correcting you. Good luck in therapy. Hope you are able to able to cure your butt hurt

My feeling is that it matters more at 0-2 than 2-0.
I will say, as someone with family members who were teachers, that it does bother me.
To claim to be an institution of higher learning, you’d think we could get him an English tutor.
But being honest, if he upsets Florida and gets us to a bowl game, I won’t care how he “done” it.

I am still glad I am yet to hear him use the word "individual" once.

Reactions: Vfl2407
It obviously did, as you commented on my post to someone else, along with your posts about your ex correcting you. Good luck in therapy. Hope you are able to able to cure your butt hurt
Got a feeling ill be fine.

Reactions: SDV
A wise man once said, “I’d rather play dumb and surprise you than play smart and disappoint you”...
🤔
GBO!!

My wife grew up in a family that had a lot of grammatical shortcomings. She chose to be different and worked at it. Not saying she is any better a person than her family -- loved 'em dearly -- but I do think it helps as you branch out in life, as long as you don't brag about it. A few simple fixes would make Pruitt sound much more credible to many, and really, what the hell's wrong with that?

My feeling is that it matters more at 0-2 than 2-0.
I will say, as someone with family members who were teachers, that it does bother me.
To claim to be an institution of higher learning, you’d think we could get him an English tutor.
But being honest, if he upsets Florida and gets us to a bowl game, I won’t care how he “done” it.

Yes.

I ain’t got no opinion on this subject. I just hope corch has them their Vols ready to whoop up on them boyz from Chattanoogie

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl
Saying nothing eloquently I can handle. But using the same word 12 times per minute? Geeze.
I'll never forget people getting mad at me in about year 2 when I pointed out that Butch was a cliche machine.

VN Store

Back