Does Pruitt’s grammar matter at all to you?

Vfl2407

My feeling is that it matters more at 0-2 than 2-0.
I will say, as someone with family members who were teachers, that it does bother me.
To claim to be an institution of higher learning, you’d think we could get him an English tutor.
But being honest, if he upsets Florida and gets us to a bowl game, I won’t care how he “done” it.

Last edited:
How someone speaks always matters but I don't think it necessarily signals success. People with bad grammar can still be good communicators and vice versa. Derek Dooley was probably the most articulate man that's ever held the job, and we know how that turned out.

I will say, as someone with family members who were teachers, that it does bother me.
To claim to be an institution of higher learning, you’d think we could get him an English tutor.
But, being honest, if he upsets Florida and gets us to a bowl game, I won’t care how he “done” it.
It really doesn't matter that much to me because he's a Bama grad. If he had graduated from UT, I have to admit I would cringe a little when he is on national TV or something. A lot of East Tennesseans speak that way, but you would think a guy with a college education and, I suppose, a HS teacher at one time would do a little better.

But, being honest, if he upsets Florida and gets us to a bowl game, I won’t care how he “done” it.
How do you handle VolNation or other message boards? Grammar and punctuation and spelling are terrible. Mine included.

How someone speaks always matters but I don't think it necessarily signals success. People with bad grammar can still be good communicators and vice versa. Derek Dooley was probably the most articulate man that's ever held the job, and we know how that turned out.

We need us a coach that speaks that king's anglish.

If you know what someone means or is trying to say, grammar doesn't really matter honestly.

My Mom - at 76 - is STILL correcting folks grammar in a local Catholic school, so I'm probably biased in favor of grammar.

Grammar completely matters, which I think is why Pruitt speaks the way he does. Country grammar can be quite effective, and effective communicators always tailor the message to their audiences.

For instance, when I tell the neighbor's dog to "GEETOWNAHHTAHEEYAH!", she reacts and immediately leaves - even mid-dump.

By contrast, if I said, "Excuse me, Snickers, would you kindly cease and desist your unsanitary trespass and depart these premises immediately?" I seriously doubt it would be as effective.

VN Store

Back