Doctors of VN

Hey you all I asked a question in the zone and they told me to ask you all so here I am going to paste.
A little inside info he his 76 and has been a diabetic since he was tested in Vietnam when he was 21. His kidneys are bad the count is 17 and the doctor said there is blockages to his heart he thinks it's more than one if this is fixed it could fix his blood pressure and also his kidneys. Since his count on his kidneys was low that the dye would put him on dialysis is there something that can see his blockages and not hurt his kidneys? This is what I posted to people I know.

Question does anyone know if they can use something other than dye to check for blockages because I know and knew people allergic to it what do they do?
The doctor told my dad when he saw his nuclear he said "holy crap and it's his left side his heart count was 33 and he was going to be honest and say it is more than one he can do 2 stints but more blocks "and he will have to replace them. Take veins from his legs and put them in his chest to work his heart.

Not a doctor but there is always the option to do the scan without dye. There are contrast dyes on the market that specifically take kidney failure patients in mind like Iohexol (brand name - Omnipaque) among others. He should be able to talk to his doctor and/or the imaging center about alternatives.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Not a doctor but there is always the option to do the scan without dye. There are contrast dyes on the market that specifically take kidney failure patients in mind like Iohexol (brand name - Omnipaque) among others. He should be able to talk to his doctor and/or the imaging center about alternatives.
Thank you.

His doctor says he can't do a CT Scan without dye

I think you are right this because his heart doctor and his kidney doctor are working on this together. Now his kidney doctor is awesome. Not sure about the other.

I have a 6mm kidney stone and am having a hard time getting the pain meds filled. These new laws are crap. I haven't taken a pain pill in 15 years and when you need it they are not easy to get. I am about ready to go see a heroin dealer to get some pain relief.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I have a 6mm kidney stone and am having a hard time getting the pain meds filled. These new laws are crap. I haven't taken a pain pill in 15 years and when you need it they are not easy to get. I am about ready to go see a heroin dealer to get some pain relief.
6mm is going to be near impossible to pass. Did they tell you where it is? Has it descended already or is it still way up in your kidney? I know you don't want to hear it but most pain meds won't touch kidney stone pain. You would literally have to be on a morphine drip to help. Toridol via IV helped mine some but I haven't had a bad one since they put it on the market in pill form.

It is in the ureter. They gave me a shot of toridol before leaving the ER which helped. Prescribed Flowmax, 5mg hydro & something for nausea and vomiting. I think the homeless guy outside walgreens could help me out better than the store. Really it was the ER that screwed it all up. PA signed the scripts and this crappy state of GA won't let the stores fill it unless signed by the doctor.

I have had great results with my pain treatment during the kidney stone attacks that I have had with each of the 4 or 5 stones that I have birthed since 2001. Mine have been a bit smaller than the size of a pencil eraser, maybe half the size. Jagged and sharp edged little boogers.

I have had IV drips in ERs and Dr's offices during attacks and have always left with prescriptions of Percocet which make me itchy... especially my nose.

I know everyone responds differently, but I’ve had pretty good outcomes using lidocaine for kidney stones/renal colic. 1.5mg/kg in a 100 bag over 10 minutes.

Dear Dr's, I can't remember who all here is, but @kiddiedoc. Long story short, wife had her bladder removed 2 years ago, and world of trouble since. Mainly infection, and they've thought several times they knew the cause, even done a surgery. They now believe she isn't draining right, and her stoma, where the bag goes, isn't right. Her urologist is saying it's gonna have to be fixed, or possibly moved and fixed right. They're trying to keep her awsy from Atlanta, and have suggested someone in Augusta, still trying to contact them. They also suggested a John Lacy in Knoxville, and he's at UT medical center from what we've read. I was wondering if any of you know of him, or about him.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Dear Dr's, I can't remember who all here is, but @kiddiedoc. Long story short, wife had her bladder removed 2 years ago, and world of trouble since. Mainly infection, and they've thought several times they knew the cause, even done a surgery. They now believe she isn't draining right, and her stoma, where the bag goes, isn't right. Her urologist is saying it's gonna have to be fixed, or possibly moved and fixed right. They're trying to keep her awsy from Atlanta, and have suggested someone in Augusta, still trying to contact them. They also suggested a John Lacy in Knoxville, and he's at UT medical center from what we've read. I was wondering if any of you know of him, or about him.
@VolsDoc81TX do you happen to know this guy? Maybe help this brother out!

I do not know him. Locally, Dr Chris Ramsey is a fantastic Urologist.

It is in the ureter. They gave me a shot of toridol before leaving the ER which helped. Prescribed Flowmax, 5mg hydro & something for nausea and vomiting. I think the homeless guy outside walgreens could help me out better than the store. Really it was the ER that screwed it all up. PA signed the scripts and this crappy state of GA won't let the stores fill it unless signed by the doctor.
Flomax will help relax things. The opioids don’t do a good job of targeting the pain. I kept up w it by taking Tylenol regularly and diclofenac as needed. Warm baths helped. My first one never left the kidney they had to go in and laser it. The pain was when it would block a tube and cause urine to back up. Afterwards they didn’t put in a stent and my ureter would spasm and the pain was awful. Only thing that helped was dilaudid, but it’s annoying to have to go to the ER and be interrogated by multiple Drs before giving it out. I had a second one that made it all the way down and got stuck right before the bladder. They had to laser that one too. I currently have another and going in next week to have the shockwave treatment to try and blast it apart.

image000000(31).jpg

Ok people of Volnation I have a question about elbow issues. A couple months ago I gave my dog a bath in the bathtub and 10 min later my elbow swelled up like the pic I attached.

You could tell by touching the elbow that it was mainly fluid of some type. Later that night most of the swelling had went down. The pain was more of a throbbing and hurt to the touch. Nothing major.

Next day it started turning purple from the elbow down to the forearm. Bruising lasted up to 7 days before gone. I had a small sac of fluid at the very tip of the elbow up to 2 weeks.

I looked on the internet and mostly it pointed to a type of bursitis. Well, after a couple months I still have a nagging pain, some weakness, and a small band like indention that isn't present on the other elbow.

Has anyone else ever experienced an issue like this ? I'm trying to get into a doctor but it's not really a good time with all the other sicknesses going around. The doctors office isnt responding.

Jack Lacy has been retired for some time. Assuming it’s the same as he was at UT.

View attachment 323678

Ok people of Volnation I have a question about elbow issues. A couple months ago I gave my dog a bath in the bathtub and 10 min later my elbow swelled up like the pic I attached.

You could tell by touching the elbow that it was mainly fluid of some type. Later that night most of the swelling had went down. The pain was more of a throbbing and hurt to the touch. Nothing major.

Next day it started turning purple from the elbow down to the forearm. Bruising lasted up to 7 days before gone. I had a small sac of fluid at the very tip of the elbow up to 2 weeks.

I looked on the internet and mostly it pointed to a type of bursitis. Well, after a couple months I still have a nagging pain, some weakness, and a small band like indention that isn't present on the other elbow.

Has anyone else ever experienced an issue like this ? I'm trying to get into a doctor but it's not really a good time with all the other sicknesses going around. The doctors office isnt responding.

Picture looks like olecranon bursitis, but also sounds like you could have torn your triceps. Triceps attaches to your olecranon. The bruising sounds more like a triceps injury but could be a mix of both. I’d probably send you to PT as long as you didn’t completely rupture your triceps (doesn’t sound like you did).

Reactions: goldenvol
Picture looks like olecranon bursitis, but also sounds like you could have torn your triceps. Triceps attaches to your olecranon. The bruising sounds more like a triceps injury but could be a mix of both. I’d probably send you to PT as long as you didn’t completely rupture your triceps (doesn’t sound like you did).
Thank you for your response. I dont think I tore anything but I feel I ruptured something minor. My triceps gives me the most discomfort and I'm losing strength in that arm. I'm left handed so it's not completely a nuisance. I dont want surgery but I'm trying to get into a doctor visit for the check up

VN Store

Back