Doctors of VN

Coug

Hey you all I asked a question in the zone and they told me to ask you all so here I am going to paste.
A little inside info he his 76 and has been a diabetic since he was tested in Vietnam when he was 21. His kidneys are bad the count is 17 and the doctor said there is blockages to his heart he thinks it's more than one if this is fixed it could fix his blood pressure and also his kidneys. Since his count on his kidneys was low that the dye would put him on dialysis is there something that can see his blockages and not hurt his kidneys? This is what I posted to people I know.

Question does anyone know if they can use something other than dye to check for blockages because I know and knew people allergic to it what do they do?
The doctor told my dad when he saw his nuclear he said "holy crap and it's his left side his heart count was 33 and he was going to be honest and say it is more than one he can do 2 stints but more blocks "and he will have to replace them. Take veins from his legs and put them in his chest to work his heart.
Not a doctor but there is always the option to do the scan without dye. There are contrast dyes on the market that specifically take kidney failure patients in mind like Iohexol (brand name - Omnipaque) among others. He should be able to talk to his doctor and/or the imaging center about alternatives.

rocytop2624

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
Not a doctor but there is always the option to do the scan without dye. There are contrast dyes on the market that specifically take kidney failure patients in mind like Iohexol (brand name - Omnipaque) among others. He should be able to talk to his doctor and/or the imaging center about alternatives.
Thank you.

rocytop2624

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
His doctor says he can't do a CT Scan without dye

rocytop2624

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
I think you are right this because his heart doctor and his kidney doctor are working on this together. Now his kidney doctor is awesome. Not sure about the other.

***RoadVol***

I have a 6mm kidney stone and am having a hard time getting the pain meds filled. These new laws are crap. I haven't taken a pain pill in 15 years and when you need it they are not easy to get. I am about ready to go see a heroin dealer to get some pain relief.

82_VOL_83

Pruitt to me one more time
I have a 6mm kidney stone and am having a hard time getting the pain meds filled. These new laws are crap. I haven't taken a pain pill in 15 years and when you need it they are not easy to get. I am about ready to go see a heroin dealer to get some pain relief.
6mm is going to be near impossible to pass. Did they tell you where it is? Has it descended already or is it still way up in your kidney? I know you don't want to hear it but most pain meds won't touch kidney stone pain. You would literally have to be on a morphine drip to help. Toridol via IV helped mine some but I haven't had a bad one since they put it on the market in pill form.

***RoadVol***

It is in the ureter. They gave me a shot of toridol before leaving the ER which helped. Prescribed Flowmax, 5mg hydro & something for nausea and vomiting. I think the homeless guy outside walgreens could help me out better than the store. Really it was the ER that screwed it all up. PA signed the scripts and this crappy state of GA won't let the stores fill it unless signed by the doctor.

I have had great results with my pain treatment during the kidney stone attacks that I have had with each of the 4 or 5 stones that I have birthed since 2001. Mine have been a bit smaller than the size of a pencil eraser, maybe half the size. Jagged and sharp edged little boogers.

I have had IV drips in ERs and Dr's offices during attacks and have always left with prescriptions of Percocet which make me itchy... especially my nose.

xJesusx56

Thick.Solid.Tight.
I know everyone responds differently, but I’ve had pretty good outcomes using lidocaine for kidney stones/renal colic. 1.5mg/kg in a 100 bag over 10 minutes.

VN Store

Sponsors