Dobbs worked with the 1s today!

Do you really think that the QB position is the problem???

The O line give about 1.5 seconds of protection on passing plays, there is no QB that can stand in that pocket while a WR's route progress's.

Secondly, we have zero running game, the Ole Miss game we were held to ZERO yards rushing. The problem is not the QB.... it's not the RB.... it's the O - Line, just understand Dobb's is not going to play, save him for next year with a much better O-line. Chalk this season up as a learning curve for those that will be here to build with next years class and hope for the best next year.....

QB is a close second. Worley had time against Ole Miss on his turnovers. Several sacks he held the ball way too long. So yes QB is a problem.

If Peterman starts then the over/under betting on turnovers starts at 4. I'm taking over

that's a tell tale sign about what the coached think of Peterman if he is passed over for Dobbs if Worley is dinged up enough that the coaches think it might be necessary to use someone else.

Nobody has said Dobbs would start over Peterman. Dobbs got reps cause Nate and Worley are banged up and if Worley cant go Peterman starts and Dobbs is the backup..Way too much reading into this.

Reactions: 1 person
More than likely Worley's injury is going to keep him out an extended period and this staff knows that Peterman is not the answer.

Not at all what that means. Means Dobbs needs reps because he is one play away from playing if Peterman goes down. I guarantee if they thought Dobbs was ahead of Nate they wouldn't be redshirting him. Doubt Dobbs is here that extra yr anyway because of his degree and doubt he is any kind of NFL prospect. Dobbs is and has been way behind the other 2. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

How did Dobbs look slice

I lied.
I wouldn't tell anyone but RussTard.

I wasn't there so info is 2nd hand. I was told that his accuracy and throwing motion are improving. I wasn't told how he did in comparison to the 2A QB.

Russ, do you ever check your email?
I mean like once a month or what?

Last edited:
If Peterman does get the start (personally hope it's Dobbs, so he can get valuable game experience and develop further for next year), instead of looking at it as being thrown to the wolves, I hope he bucks the pressure, mentally, and brings his A game (make good, quick decisions and make the throws you're supposed to). Cause if you want to endear yourself to the coaches and fans...you beat Bama. Or at least you give them all they can handle.

I think this is where things turned for Crompton. He played well enough to beat Bama in 2010. Prior to that, everyone thought he was dog meat. Just like they do Peterman. :)

I think this is where things turned for Crompton. He played well enough to beat Bama in 2010.

I hate to say this (especially right before Bama game) but Kiffin worked miracles to get Crompton to turn things around the way he did. Probably the most amazing mid season turnaround for any player I can ever remember watching. Hate him or not, Kiffin is a great QB coach. Unfortunately it does not seem we have anyone even close as good on the current staff so all 3 of our QB's are doomed.

I hate to say this (especially right before Bama game) but Kiffin worked miracles to get Crompton to turn things around the way he did. Probably the most amazing mid season turnaround for any player I can ever remember watching. Hate him or not, Kiffin is a great QB coach. Unfortunately it does not seem we have anyone even close as good on the current staff so all 3 of our QB's are doomed.

Unfortunately true

Crompton was seeing a sports psychologist.
That may have as much to do with him getting his act together as Kiffen did.
It didn't hurt that Kiffen had his back though.

Buying what? I hope Worley is able to go because he will give US the best chance of winning.

He is no 1 for a reason. It is because he has outplayed the other two.

The players stand behind him 100%. He is a good QB and would be having an excellent year with a more experienced team around him.

Putting Dobbs in at this point would be suicide. He may become a good QB but there is no way he is ready for Alabama.

Peterman has been No. 2 for a reason. And that is he has performed better than Dobbs.

If Worley can't go it needs to be Peterman!!!
I was making a joke. I assumed the smiley indicated that. I also believe there is no scheme to save Dobbs in order to preserve his redshirt and he is third on the depth chart.

The grind of one of the toughest schedules in the country is taking it's toll on the young Vol's. It's extremely hard on juniors and seniors, but doubley tough on the freshmen.
We knew in the back of our minds that this season would be very very rough and it is proving to be no less.

2016-2017 should be more competitive, (I hope)
Go Vol's

Jones probably thinks Peterman won't last too long, especially running, and Dobbs is next in line. If Kenny Hill couldn't score a point vs bama, I doubt Dobbs is the answer.

Jones probably thinks Peterman won't last too long, especially running, and Dobbs is next in line. If Kenny Hill couldn't score a point vs bama, I doubt Dobbs is the answer.

Kenny Hill isnt that great. He only blew up because South Carolina's Defense didnt show up the 1st game of the year.

If Peterman is given another suicide mission against Bama, he should get ready to transfer.

I'm sure he feels very different since he would be getting the opportunity to show what he can do..........no matter what the surrounding circumstances.

So, a college QB should quit if he gets the opportunity to start a game, at home, on National TV? I guess he's on scholarship to carry a clipboard.

Nope, that's not at all what I said.
I said Peterman should be ready to transfer if he gets thrown to the lions again with no reasonable shot of success. He has already been written off by half of VN based on his previous two maulings by top defenses. Another predictable mauling by Bama with no offensive line protection will only destroy any remaining confidence. Peterman has excellent skills, but his talent has not been developed here. It's being crushed.

I said Peterman should be ready to transfer if he gets thrown to the lions again with no reasonable shot of success. He has already been written off by half of VN based on his previous two maulings by top defenses. Another predictable mauling by Bama with no offensive line protection will only destroy any remaining confidence. Peterman has excellent skills, but his talent has not been developed here. It's being crushed.

What is the alternative? Who would you play?

You can run crying behind the station wagon spiriting him away...screaming STAY GOLD PONYBOY!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1
So, a college QB should quit if he gets the opportunity to start a game, at home, on National TV? I guess he's on scholarship to carry a clipboard.

Exactly, it's crazy to expect a kid who's been in a college program for 3 years to be able to come in and play effectively vs another SEC team. Why.....that's just crazy talk and damnit, Nathan just shouldn't stand for it!!

I'm sure he feels very different since he would be getting the opportunity to show what he can do..........no matter what the surrounding circumstances.

Well it's possible he FEELS differently. However, his feelings won't stop Bama from destroying him behind this offensive line. Reality matters. The reality is that he would be thrown to the lions AGAIN with no legitimate opportunity to succeed and failure virtually guaranteed. Only the degree of failure is in question - how many stripped balls, INT's, blindsides, sacks and fumbles can Bama exact on the unprotected inexperienced QB trying to find his feet. Like a lamb to the slaughter.

VN Store

Back