Dobbs worked with the 1s today!

Exactly, it's crazy to expect a kid who's been in a college program for 3 years to be able to come in and play effectively vs another SEC team. Why.....that's just crazy talk and damnit, Nathan just shouldn't stand for it!!

Your crass manipulation is intellectually dishonest - and you know it.
How many minutes has Peterman played in those 'three years' you speak of?

Who said Peterman shouldn't stand for it?

Just more questions for you to evade KBVol. You simply can't answer honestly. You never do.

What is the alternative? Who would you play?

If he has to play someone, it will likely be Peterman.

I would have developed Peterman earlier, rather than depriving all playing time then throwing him in the most unreasonable situations for a QB with no real experience.

Sims at Bammer, our opponent, pretty much carried a clipboard for 3 years. Who knew how bad his play would be this year from being stunted?

Worley certainly deserves a break to heal from the weekly maulings, but it won't be any better for the backups. Can we dress a robot to take snaps for the Bama game - or a tackle dummy?

I do not like the idea. You red shirt this guy all year and put him in during the Bama game which probably will not change the outcome of this game. So If Worley is really hurt then ok but if he is not then you are putting Dobbs into a fire. I would say we have made a decision to hold out Dobbs until next season. If Dobbs doesn't hit a home run against Bama the fan base will not give him a chance next year.

I do not like the idea. You red shirt this guy all year and put him in during the Bama game which probably will not change the outcome of this game. So If Worley is really hurt then ok but if he is not then you are putting Dobbs into a fire. I would say we have made a decision to hold out Dobbs until next season. If Dobbs doesn't hit a home run against Bama the fan base will not give him a chance next year.

2nd year in a row Dobbs going to have to take his first game snaps against Bama heh.

Hope he is much improved.

(a) It is likely Peterman will be thrown to the lions for his third mauling and public humiliation before VN. It will be the death knell for Peterman in the eyes of the uninformed masses.

(b) Peterman won the #2 spot by beating out Dobbs. There is no conspiracy to red-shirt Dobbs for next year.

Reactions: 1 person
(a) It is likely Peterman will be thrown to the lions for his third mauling and public humiliation before VN. It will be the death knell for Peterman in the eyes of the uninformed masses.

(b) Peterman won the #2 spot by beating out Dobbs. There is no conspiracy to red-shirt Dobbs for next year.

Just for clarification... "Thrown to the lions" means completely sucking every opportunity you get? :blink: Thanks in advance (don't speak pork). :hi:

Reactions: 2 people
I don't see what Dobbs has that Peterman doesn't...

"Dobbs tries to run right, spins and is chased left..aannnnnnddddd SACKED for a loss... 5 yard loss and ... bam a has it!, bam a grabbed it right out of his hands when he was getting hit and running 35 yards for a touchdown. 6 points bam a, and ...oh looks like Dobbs broke 3 ribs in the process. OOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOESSSSSS". SMH

Reactions: 1 person
What if this was the plan all along? What if Butch and Jake told Dobbs, you go lift weights and watch film. Watch every Bama game film you can find. Watch the highschool recruiting films of the defensive 2 deep and memorize all their tendencies. What if they told him "take the first half of the season and get ready, we're going to make you a legend."

I mean since we're all guessing, I prefer to guess big.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't see what Dobbs has that Peterman doesn't...

"Dobbs tries to run right, spins and is chased left..aannnnnnddddd SACKED for a loss... 5 yard loss and ... bam a has it!, bam a grabbed it right out of his hands when he was getting hit and running 35 yards for a touchdown. 6 points bam a, and ...oh looks like Dobbs broke 3 ribs in the process. OOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOESSSSSS". SMH

I think he draws relative praise when he completes a pass and doesn't look like he's having a Grand Mal seizure. :w00t:

Nope, that's not at all what I said.
I said Peterman should be ready to transfer if he gets thrown to the lions again with no reasonable shot of success. He has already been written off by half of VN based on his previous two maulings by top defenses. Another predictable mauling by Bama with no offensive line protection will only destroy any remaining confidence. Peterman has excellent skills, but his talent has not been developed here. It's being crushed.

Sorry, but I don't relate a scholarship QB who probably has dreams of playing in the NFL participating in an SEC football game to a "suicide mission." Maybe he should have joined the dance team instead?

Man, Saturday can't get here soon enough. Maybe even Sunday when all of this dies down.

He didn't really say that Worley would start

Tennessee starting quarterback Justin Worley’s health is “good and continues to progress,” offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian said after the team’s practice Wednesday. Worley– who appeared to reinjure his throwing elbow during the Vols’ 34-3 loss to No. 3 Ole Miss– is expected to start in Saturday’s game against No. 4 Alabama.

However, Bajakian noted that sophomore backups Natahan Peterman and Joshua Dobbs are ready to play if needed this week. All three quarterbacks have received solid reps in practice this week in preparation for any scenario.

“Well, regardless of the situation, our guys get a lot of reps,” he said. “[The quarterbacks] have all done a good job, and that’s been the case throughout the season.”

Bajakian noted that both Peterman and Dobbs have seen steady improvement throughout the season, despite their limited playing time.

“They definitely have, both mentally and physically,” he said of the two sophomores. “Those guys are doing a good job. We always stress to all of our players, quarterbacks obviously included, to prepare as if you’re a starter.

“The approach never changes for them, and when you approach day-to-day with an intensity to improve…and you never know when you’re number’s going to get called. They’ve continued to improve throughout the season.”

Peterman has been the only quarterback other than Worley to see playing time this season. But Bajakian says Dobbs could also see action if needed.

“Josh has always prepared since day one to play when called upon, so he’s always ready to go,” he said.

Sorry, but I don't relate a scholarship QB who probably has dreams of playing in the NFL participating in an SEC football game to a "suicide mission." Maybe he should have joined the dance team instead?

OK, I understand. Some people can't relate to hyperbole. I suppose you'll just have to miss the point.

VN Store

Back