Dobbs worked with the 1s today!

The word fact is thrown around way too much on this board; especially by you. Please show me where anyone said Peterman blew away Dobbs in the QB competition.

Did you not read any of the articles that came out during fall camp, or did you just choose not to believe what the coaches were saying?

He has more potential to be than what Worley and Peterman have shown. Again, he shouldn't have played last year and people basing their opinions an his future based on his freshman year lack sense.

Saying that Dobbs has more potential than Worley or Peterman is like me saying Butch has more potential than Dooley.
Does that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

Hmm, the coaches seem to think he has the most potential. Do you really think Peterman will ever be a game changer?

Not really, as much as I'd love to see him come out and shove crow down your throat, I don't.
I just get sick of people seeing greatness in nothing.

I'm going to wait to see the kid play under normal circumstances before I call him a bust or loser. But that's just me.

Fair enough, but I'm just saying that I haven't seen anything that makes me take notice out of any of the QBs on this roster. Like it or not, that's what it takes. We ain't got it at this time.

Fair enough, but I'm just saying that I haven't seen anything that makes me take notice out of any of the QBs on this roster. Like it or not, that's what it takes. We ain't got it at this time.

And all I'm saying is if you base that opinion solely on Dobbs last year playing as a true freshman, I think that lacks perspective. True freshman ans aren't supposed to play. Period. That's why very few do.

Last edited:
I'll just say this.
If I'm wrong, I will admit it, but the QB that leads us back ain't on the current roster. As much as some of you want to believe, he ain't there.

Reactions: 1 person
Way I remember it,Jones and his marvelous gameplan of 7 downfield passes and 40 dive plays lost to Vandy.

Only having true freshman Josh Smith as a target, along with true freshman Dobbs busted up, cold weather and an OL avg more yds per rush than any UT OL in a decade had something to do with it, but you don't want to hear it..

I'll just say this.
If I'm wrong, I will admit it, but the QB that leads us back ain't on the current roster. As much as some of you want to believe, he ain't there.

That'd be a fine opinion if it was an informed one. You, nor I, know if Dobbs can ball or not.
Plenty of people wanted jancek and Willy gone before he got here and their opinions were uninformed as well, apparently. I heard the same stuff. No way he makes it. He sucks. Got fired by richt. Only here to recruit and bring in a better coach, blah, blah, blah.

Last edited:
Why do you think Dobbs is a better runner?
I bet I know why. LOL
Yeah... because I've seen them both run the ball... and Dobbs runs better. Period.

Actually, Peterman is quite fast, has powerful legs, known to be a runner in HS and has shown some of that here. That's one reason why Jones recruited him for this offense at Cinci.

Dobbs ran some last year, so he's OK. He runs awkwardly, but he did fine.

That's laughable. Dobbs is easily the best runner of the three.

Reactions: 3 people
Fact is, not one of you can provide any credible basis for that lame tale you anti-Peterman people swap among each other.
Read closely and stop acting like a moron. I LIKE THEM BOTH. IMO the only punk in the group quit... like a punk. Dobbs from everything I have read is a very smart, high character kid who works hard at everything he does. Peterman is every bit of that. I am NOT anti anyone... just honest about what I have seen and read. Dobbs during the scant portion of August practice we were allowed to see had issues overthrowing. He gained about 25 lbs over the course of the off season... so that's kind of understandable. Two months of daily practice is a LONG time to resolve that.

You simply wan't to ignore the fact that Peterman beat Dobbs badly to take over #2, so you tell tales to each other about some red-shirt master scheme that has no basis in reality. Reality matters.

No. You simply want to build a story for some reason.. maybe you're a racist based on your suggestion in the other post... that Peterman "won" the # 2 spot.

When the two have played in live action... including the O&W game... Dobbs has been better. Ignore that.

Guys, I'm really starting to feel like there's a difference in opinion amongst our fans concerning Dobbs and Peterman!??

Then you did not read the updates. There were articles at one point saying both Peterman and Worley were head and shoulders ahead of Dobbs and that Peterman was even pushing Worley.

People hear and see what they want to see.
I would love for Dobbs to turn into Condredge Holloway (I'm old) all the sudden and lead the Vols to a NT but the reality is he went backwards in fall practice. Why is a matter of debate and he seems to be coming around but he still has a way to go.
We do not have anyone with the "potential" to be elite.

Here's to hoping that I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
OK, let's assume a quarterback who rushes for 5 yards per attempt with 38 attempts would not take the pressure off of the offensive line and the running backs. Let's also assume that an almost 60% pass completion rate is not very good. Let's also assume that the quarterback who was the most outstanding in the spring game doesn't factor in. Let's also assume that the reason they want to redshirt him is because they hoped they could get to a bowl game and have him as their quarterback when the rubber hits the road. However, let's assume that they really want to go to a bowl game and the status quo and so called option 2 can't get them there. I really don't think VolNation wants to sit and watch all the other teams in a bowl this year and no Vols. Just my opinion!

People hear and see what they want to see.
I would love for Dobbs to turn into Randle Cunningham (I'm old) all the sudden and lead the Vols to a NT but the reality is he went backwards in fall practice. Why is a matter of debate and he seems to be coming around but he still has a way to go.
We do not have anyone with the "potential" to be elite.

Here's to hoping that I'm wrong.

Even if he went backwards in fall, he's still better than Peterman. Did you see the spring game? It's not that hard.

Coaches want to redshirt Dobbs to save him for coming years. Did I say he was going to be a savior this year? No, but he's a better option than Peterman IMO.

I don't understand how anyone still has confidence in Peterman, he's clearly not a gamer.

Maybe Peterman practiced better, but Dobbs has shown us better in games.

Josh Malone was said to be very soft in practice, but I'd rather him play than Jacob Carter just because Carter can practice better.

VN Store

Back